Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Back to how it was originally, at least. They used to look more like sneakers.

That's why it bums me out. The ballet shoes were a really clever way to add some extra detail and characterisation which then bled into her movements and fighting (rock drummer chick also does classical dance). The sneakers fit and are comics accurate but they don't add anything new

Also, I've seen a few places say this shows Miles being attacked by 2099 and um... am I losing it? To me it looks like he loses control of the dimensional portal, is gonna splat and Miguel saves him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i definitely thought it looked like miguel was attacking him the first watch, but decided what i was seeing was not what was actually happening

e: i didn't even notice gwen footwear change but actually that kinda bums me out too. i liked the flats

site fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 5, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

dig the updated costumes

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Leopardon is gonna be on the big screen. gently caress yes.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I didn’t see the trailer mention, but are Lord and Miller on this/these?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

IUG posted:

Variety reported earlier this year that Lord and Miller will be writing both films.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

IUG posted:

I believe they are executive producing and writing, and have handed off director duties to three others, Joaquim Dos Santos, Justin K Thompson and Kemp Powers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Watching that trailer was like the Vince McMahon meme with me getting increasingly hype. First they aged up Miles, then we see a new suit for him, then the 2099 sequence, then "Part One"!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/dpatt0/status/1467310677777805316

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

absolute king

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I've never seen Spider-Man, but I have seen the yacht it bought and it's sweet" - Alfred Molina, probably

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I got so excited by that Spiderverse trailer that I went to watch the first movie only to find out my cousin still has it a year later. To make matters worse it's not on Netflix anymore and I'm seriously debating just buying a new copy.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

JT Smiley posted:

I got so excited by that Spiderverse trailer that I went to watch the first movie only to find out my cousin still has it a year later. To make matters worse it's not on Netflix anymore and I'm seriously debating just buying a new copy.

If you have a VPN, I think it might be still on Netflix in Canada? But yeah definitely buy another copy.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

JT Smiley posted:

Go fight your cousin

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you have a VPN, I think it might be still on Netflix in Canada? But yeah definitely buy another copy.

It is not. Not on Disney+ even which is weird

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Spider-verse is on Australian Netflix.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

It is not. Not on Disney+ even which is weird

Why would that be weird? Spider-Verse has jack-poo poo to do with the MCU deal for the Holland movies, so Disney only gets paid in so far as Sony owes them for the rights to the characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's on Netflix Canada, I just saw it on there yesterday.

In the US it's on FX Now.

Also Sony signed a big deal with Netflix to put all their stuff on there. So even the live action Spidey stuff won't be on D+.

Andrew_Jackson5
Jan 9, 2015

what a web sight

Sony library titles and new releases will start going up on Disney+ sometime in 2022: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/disney-nabs-post-pay-1-rights-for-sonys-feature-films-4170479/

Not helpful if you're trying to watch Spider-Verse now, but I would be shocked if it doesn't start living there some time next year.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Right after they use the spiderverse/multiverse to introduce all the Sony movies to MCU fans at the end of 2021, interesting...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not a huge surprise but it’s a welcome one

https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1467704178046763009?s=21

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

People liked him? Season 1 was ok, but he was written as a total rear end in a top hat most of the rest of the time. Hard to separate the actor from the material.

Also: insufficient amount of lawyering.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
MCU Daredevil will totally have the "I'm not Dare Devil" shirt.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Beachcomber posted:

People liked him? Season 1 was ok, but he was written as a total rear end in a top hat most of the rest of the time. Hard to separate the actor from the material.

Also: insufficient amount of lawyering.

He was pretty great. The fact that he seemed to be a bit of an rear end in a top hat with tons of pent up rage issues was great.

Daredevil was easily the best Netflix TV series attempt. The other stuff like Luke Cage or Jessica Jones or the Powerfist guy never came close imo

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Collapsing Farts posted:

He was pretty great. The fact that he seemed to be a bit of an rear end in a top hat with tons of pent up rage issues was great.

Daredevil was easily the best Netflix TV series attempt. The other stuff like Luke Cage or Jessica Jones or the Powerfist guy never came close imo

I guess I just didn't like that he kept blowing stuff off to do things with Elektra. Maybe I have some kind of complex.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daredevil is a bit of an rear end, yes. Not all the time, but he is not very good at relationships.

Charlie Cox rules and played the role perfectly.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ror posted:

absolute king

I heard an interview with Molina on a podcast... Ethnically Ambiguous, I think it was. He seemed a sound egg.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Beachcomber posted:

I guess I just didn't like that he kept blowing stuff off to do things with Elektra. Maybe I have some kind of complex.

..that's what Daredevil does, though? There's a reason why the alien court gag in that Rocket book worked so well.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

FWIW there are rumors about the Hawkeye series bringing Vincent D'Onofrio Kingpin to the MCU as well. It's not substantiated at all, but it has just enough coincidence and comic book history tied to it to make it feel real.

If you are going to pull from the Netflix series, might as well grab the best bits.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

FWIW there are rumors about the Hawkeye series bringing Vincent D'Onofrio Kingpin to the MCU as well. It's not substantiated at all, but it has just enough coincidence and comic book history tied to it to make it feel real.

If you are going to pull from the Netflix series, might as well grab the best bits.
If you’ve watched episode 3 of Hawkeye, it’s more than rumors

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

If you’ve watched episode 3 of Hawkeye, it’s more than rumors

I mean, that episodes just show's someone who will important to Echo, but we don't get a name or a face. So while it may very well be Kingpin, it's far from confirmed. Hinted at best.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

glitchwraith posted:

I mean, that episodes just show's someone who will important to Echo, but we don't get a name or a face. So while it may very well be Kingpin, it's far from confirmed. Hinted at best.

While this is very true, and it could be that the rumors have me inclined to think this way, that chuckle sounded like Vincent D'onfrio.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

You get a brief shot of a giant guy in a suit coming to see Echo, and you hear the laugh. That’s absolutely intentional. They also make reference to someone else being the ‘boss’ multiple times and the character of Echo is heavily tied to Kingpin.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, eitherit's him or it's an intentional misdirect, and it's almost definitely not the latter as that would piss everyone off.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

howe_sam posted:

While this is very true, and it could be that the rumors have me inclined to think this way, that chuckle sounded like Vincent D'onfrio.

I do need to rewatch the scene, as I missed the chuckle. I do think you all are correct, but wanted to be clear for the ones not watching Hawkeye.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm also deliberately assuming it's not him until we see it for sure.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Codependent Poster posted:

Daredevil is a bit of an rear end, yes. Not all the time, but he is not very good at relationships.

Charlie Cox rules and played the role perfectly.
Truly he is the most Catholic superhero

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Karloff posted:

Yeah, eitherit's him or it's an intentional misdirect, and it's almost definitely not the latter as that would piss everyone off.

Yeah a Disney+ show would never intentionally misdirect people on casting

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Ah so Mephisto is the villain of Hawkeye whoops spoilers sorry sorry I’m trying to delete it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When in doubt, it’s always Mephisto.