Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

virtue signaling, the most powerful force on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
MOFA deez nuts

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lmao, they also joined the US quad.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Western liberals should just shut the gently caress up about Ukraine.

Selling weapons and egging nationalists on into a suicidal conflict while people still live in rural villages and old collapsing soviet infrastructure is going to be great from humanitarian and liberal values point of view.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm sure the dark money sphere will cover anything he doesn't make from his basketball deal/his gf who is a rockefeller.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lostconfused posted:

Selling weapons and egging nationalists on into a suicidal conflict while people still live in rural villages and old collapsing soviet infrastructure is going to be great from humanitarian and liberal values point of view.

im ok with wars as long as the chickenhawks are on the frontlines

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

watching white rear end motherfuckers try and turn taiwan into a hot war is so gross

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lostconfused posted:

lmao you think they care about the people who will actually be impacted by a war?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

brugroffil posted:

I'm the -160k deaths low end of the estimate

It's all just numbers some lovely algorithm puts out rather than someone sitting down and looking at each country. You'd think "China resurrected 160k people with COVID" would be a big red flag about the validity of the analysis though.

I know you're joking but there's nothing implausible about Covid related travel restrictions preventing 160k excess deaths, which is what the report from noted CCP tabloid The Lancet actually says based on official death figures.

I'm a Chinese foreigner living in America and I'm finding it hard to make friends because there's an out of control airborne virus pandemic that has killed probably a million people and also there are beared men with Kalashnikovs riding around trucks who don't seem to like Chinese people? But maybe given enough time the first thing will deal with the second thing.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Agrajag posted:

lmao you think they care about the people who will actually be impacted by a war?

Nah, I know they don't, but I do.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao, they also joined the US quad.

Admittedly, the new defense agreement with Russia seems more substantial than what the quad turned out to be.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

A new Simpsons gif where president Xi cackles while mashes a big red button and the sign for the "CCP" flips over to reveal "CCP" and a bunch of dancing dragon parade floats toss off their guises to reveal smaller dancing dragon parade floats.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

my uncle, who works at Beijing

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/Ukraine/status/1467867359255871494

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Neutrality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finno-Soviet_Treaty_of_1948

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So I guess next week the USA is officially announcing an Olympics boycott.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

So I guess next week the USA is officially announcing an Olympics boycott.

Another win for zero covid.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it's so ridiculous man. like call me tankie, but what has china done to deserve constantly being poked in the eyes by america? some bullshit in xinjiang? this fake peng shuai controversy? flying planes in fujian? like its so annoying man. being all buddy buddy with saudi arabia and israel, much more repressive and horrible states than china. I really think all this poo poo is being spread becuase america refuses to aknowledge that it's a failed state and CHina's on the rise. covid will make that a certainty. although what do I know, it seems like covid is "over" in america even with low vac rates and over a thousand deaths a day every day.

I know this is naive but I wish everyone could just get along. it was funny in 2016, everyone thought trump was retarded for how hardline he was on china, then dems and republicans all started swallowing his bullshit. sad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mirello posted:

it's so ridiculous man. like call me tankie, but what has china done to deserve constantly being poked in the eyes by america? some bullshit in xinjiang? this fake peng shuai controversy? flying planes in fujian? like its so annoying man. being all buddy buddy with saudi arabia and israel, much more repressive and horrible states than china. I really think all this poo poo is being spread becuase america refuses to aknowledge that it's a failed state and CHina's on the rise. covid will make that a certainty. although what do I know, it seems like covid is "over" in america even with low vac rates and over a thousand deaths a day every day.

I know this is naive but I wish everyone could just get along. it was funny in 2016, everyone thought trump was retarded for how hardline he was on china, then dems and republicans all started swallowing his bullshit. sad.

America is the hellmouth belching nothing but demons and pain onto the world.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mirello posted:

Everything comes down to China replacing the United States as the dominant super power, there will likely be a nuclear standoff at some point.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Ardennes posted:

there will likely be a nuclear standoff at some point.

:stoked:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China cannot be stopped!

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/WEIWEIDAI4/status/1467725881812545538?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
honestly want to move to China to get away from the r worded China takes

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The Manchukuo flag is my favorite, it really sells who made the map. The international settlement flag for Shanghai is also a strong one.

I am surprised there isn’t a Union Jack based flag for Hong Kong.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Dec 6, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Manchuria collaborator flag ftw!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Throatwarbler posted:

I know you're joking but there's nothing implausible about Covid related travel restrictions preventing 160k excess deaths, which is what the report from noted CCP tabloid The Lancet actually says based on official death figures.

I'm a Chinese foreigner living in America and I'm finding it hard to make friends because there's an out of control airborne virus pandemic that has killed probably a million people and also there are beared men with Kalashnikovs riding around trucks who don't seem to like Chinese people? But maybe given enough time the first thing will deal with the second thing.

Oh yeah prevented deaths would make more sense, i.e. the US flu season being nearly nothing last year.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Full belligerence at every turn is the only possible path

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Manchuria collaborator flag ftw!

if my Manchu family are any indication displaying that flag in front of actual Manchus would probably get your rear end kicked

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Do these insane Nazis actually want a war?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

FrancisFukyomama posted:

if my Manchu family are any indication displaying that flag in front of actual Manchus would probably get your rear end kicked

I learned earlier this year the Japanese armed forces still fly the red sun.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainACAB posted:

Do these insane Nazis actually want a war?

Yes

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Nonsense posted:

Why is India throwing in with a washed up and suicidal rump state?

"Throw in" is an odd term to use.

India has had close relations with Russia and before it the Soviet Union for decades.

India signing onto the US Quad was a big break from India's historical foreign policy and from what I have read has been received rather cooly by it's upper military brass.

It's not like America can do anything about India's ties to Russia unless it wants to blow up its own alliance.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

OhFunny posted:

India signing onto the US Quad was a big break from India's historical foreign policy and from what I have read has been received rather cooly by it's upper military brass.

one of the funny things about india is that the military is genuinely under civilian control and do what they're told even if they don't like it, unlike pakistan.if they lifted a finger against the government, especially the current one, a bunch of officers would get pogrom'd. the movie industry keeps trying to manufacture an Our Brave Troops military hero worship thing, like in america, but i think it's only taken amongst the middle classes and the majority of the country doesn't give a poo poo about the troops.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I learned earlier this year the Japanese armed forces still fly the red sun.

The people who run the Japanese state are literally the direct descendants of the Imperial Japanese regime so is this a shock?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Why is India throwing in with a washed up and suicidal rump state?

Are you referring to Russia or the US

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

i can't even find any information anywhere about cubstan and the flag is from a deviantart page of fake countries lmao

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

pretty good breakdown of that terrible The Economist "model" estimating global covid deaths by country

https://twitter.com/drStuartGilmour/status/1457247184106053633

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

i can't even find any information anywhere about cubstan and the flag is from a deviantart page of fake countries lmao

The entire phenomenon is DeviantArt level of political consciousness. It's internet dweebs cargo culting Zhongjing Liu.

https://supchina.com/2019/03/13/chinas-intellectual-dark-web-and-its-most-active-fanatic/

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1467872093798903813

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceCoglianese/status/1467846604837330948