Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Reminder mods are literally forum cops, for free

No Gods No Masters I scream at Jeffrey as I am once again banned for trying to start a revolution against the imperialist colonizers of pet island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Reminder mods are literally forum cops, for free

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
That's even better in its context:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest/comments/r2w9qb/my_husband_is_the_moderator_for_a_few_different/hm7jvmv/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

actionjackson posted:

looking for new glasses, why are they all so expensive, oh yeah this

https://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands

(yes I know about zenni and warby parker, it is just a great example of the illusion of choice)

Yeah it's pretty much a global monopoly for eye glass frames so they can charge you hundreds of dollars
for a plastic glass frame.

Luxottica has also being doing buyouts of other once private companies like Oakley over the years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wiley X is still not owned by luxottica, their sunglasses are durable as hell and replacement lenses are cheap. My current pair is 9 years old, on the third set of lenses that were $25. My first pair is 16 years old and still intact, but lenses are long out of manufacture. Not bad for $90~ sunglasses.

Luxottica bought oakley 15 years ago, after they took oakley out of their stores because of pricing disputes. Lol.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
just gonna say here that while no one disagrees that meme policeman is a bad person, saying that it would be good for bad people to commit suicide can be really harmful for people with mental health problems that tell them they are bad people, which is why we discourage it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

etalian posted:

Yeah it's pretty much a global monopoly for eye glass frames so they can charge you hundreds of dollars
for a plastic glass frame.

Luxottica has also being doing buyouts of other once private companies like Oakley over the years.

as I said I'm looking at warby parker, zenni (but you can't try them on in person so gently caress that), and eyebobs

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

vyelkin posted:

just gonna say here that while no one disagrees that meme policeman is a bad person, saying that it would be good for bad people to commit suicide can be really harmful for people with mental health problems that tell them they are bad people, which is why we discourage it

Thank you.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

gonna use this baby until it dies idgaf

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

use a credit union instead of the fraud bank, op

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I will thk u

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
every year i say im gonna change my direct deposit to my credit union and every year i either forget or am to lazy to do it

we didnt get our mortgage thru the bank though and our credit card is thru the CU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1466844690347614217

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Don't you know a functioning economy require school principals to work side jobs at Walmart to balance operating budgets, and students fundraising to clear their friends' lunch debts.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol at that last one, none of those are jobs in any real sense.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

yes, they don't give a poo poo about security. my credit union website doesn't even use case sensitive passwords

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Biplane posted:

Lol at that last one, none of those are jobs in any real sense.

it turns out if you're rich you can make even more money doing nothing

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

yes, they don't give a poo poo about security. my credit union website doesn't even use case sensitive passwords

try a longer pw or different credit union

never use a bank

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

These newsletters are mailed to every Menards employee.

If you like Elon. You won't like unions.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jabronie posted:

Just a lazy Sunday afternoon out here walking an empty cash register and some busybody Menards Karen comes up to me demanding I show her my papers

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Jabronie posted:

Protect your productivity rates!!!! Don't you want to be productive????

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah besides mentioning myspace and teamspeak (???) I think the "you would be forced to work 79% less hard!" bit is my favorite threat.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the dreaded presence of pro-union

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Menards went to the supreme court to justify the CEO's 20 million salary about 15 years ago.
Remember peons, the CEO gave you a buck an hour while he got 20+ milion nowadays.
Now you wouldn't want the CEO to cry if you formed a union now would you.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah besides mentioning myspace and teamspeak (???) I think the "you would be forced to work 79% less hard!" bit is my favorite threat.

Vine doesn't even exist anymore

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Santa knows what's up.

https://wgntv.com/news/photo-of-santa-getting-concealed-handgun-permit-prompts-outrage-on-twitter/amp/

:allears: Colorado Springs

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is that Ghislaine's account??

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

He's makin' a list, he's checkin' it twice... :tfrxmas:

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

Jeremiah Flintwick posted:

He's makin' a list, he's checkin' it twice... :tfrxmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI0o4WwpXTY

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

unrelated but one of the funniest loving' usernames I've ever seen here was "Ghislaine of YOSPOS"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Their response to people being all "what the gently caress" is great

https://twitter.com/EPCSheriff/status/1466893200962977794

Beep boop santa correlates to December

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Which one of you wished for death for Christmas?

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The court disabled your monitor

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

guess we know where all the Santas went smh

https://twitter.com/sundayriver/status/1467569829192286221?s=21

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I wonder if "If you unionize, we'll get rid of profit-sharing" counts as an illegal threat.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I wonder if "If you unionize, we'll get rid of profit-sharing" counts as an illegal threat.

The whole thing is worded incredibly strangely in so many ways, like one person at corporate wrote it, nobody proofread it and nobody ran it past legal. "With a union, you do not get that benefit" is a pretty... direct statement to make. I mean I guess they don't have to care because it's not like they'll ever get punished for it in 2021 America so whatever, but yeah. It really sounds like it's just written by the person who writes the rest of the company newsletter, hell it sounds exactly like the voice the company newsletter for the company I work at is written in. Ours is written by a far too excited lady who's always got way too much energy and I could totally see her, for example, looking up a list of irrelevant social media networks just to make sure she got them all.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

guarantee that whatever your contract gets is more reliable than what the company would give you without a contract.

like they'll juice the numbers for a single year following union threat but the second year it's back to the basement bonus values.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The lady that writes ours also doesn't know how to write a newsletter for adults because she includes mazes and word searches and incredibly basic trivia fun facts like it's for 2nd graders. At first I thought it was just for you to take home to your kids but subsequent issues have made it very clear that she expects you the employee to be connecting the dots to find out who stole the sugar cookies from under the Christmas tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

Their response to people being all "what the gently caress" is great

https://twitter.com/EPCSheriff/status/1466893200962977794

Beep boop santa correlates to December

Santa now going into peoples house armed which means legally you can kill him. We can finally achieve peak America and gun down Kris Kringle on Christmas