Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Sure, there's some debate to be had about how a society should handle pedophiles who are aware of their condition and understand that it is not merely socially unacceptable but, in fact, morally unacceptable and so want to learn how to get it under control so they do not hurt people.
But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a piece of poo poo cultist monster who has gleefully hurt people and will continue to do so until he is forcibly stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

He should take a long walk off a short pier imo

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Dandywalken posted:

He should take a long walk off a short pier imo

I seem to recall having heard once that if you don't actually struggle, drowning is not that terrible a way to die? So I'm not sure it really is the punishment this dude's earned.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Sure, there's some debate to be had about how a society should handle pedophiles who are aware of their condition and understand that it is not merely socially unacceptable but, in fact, morally unacceptable and so want to learn how to get it under control so they do not hurt people.
But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a piece of poo poo cultist monster who has gleefully hurt people and will continue to do so until he is forcibly stopped.

Yeah there's a legit conversation to be had on the topic but not here. Preferably not on SA at all (except as perhaps a honey pot).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
what sucks about this is that even research into the mechanisms behind CSA/pedophilia is so stigmatized. I mean, we’re just getting to the point where we’re sometimes treating victims like human beings, and that’s somehow progress. We so desperately want this problem to go away but never want to see what is causing the issue, or understand it in a larger picture. Much like other horror and ugliness, we want to squash it down to the smallest thing possible and put it away, far away.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Rad-daddio posted:

only a good guy with a dick can stop a bad guy with a dick.
but can a good guy with a bad dick stop a bad guy with a good dick?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

its a fundamental gently caress up in your basic drives. like how a drug addict cant ever really be cured since they will always yearn for it. getting pedos to understand that they hurt people is going to do about as good as DARE is at keeping people off drugs.

in reality the world just needs to nut up and decide certain things need to be eugenicized out of us.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Josh molested a 4 and 5 yo

https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1467910479095889922?s=20
https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1467909590259879936?s=20
https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1467908742373011457?s=20
https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1467908554174566400?s=20
https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1467908392601604097?s=20
https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1467908091278733318?s=20
https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1467907683927818241?s=20

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Honestly, what kind of compassionate research would you intend to do on a man who leisurely watches infant rape films? Would you be comfortable integrating an individual with a history of incest into your community?

All jokes aside, what Josh Duggar is accused of and has an established history of enacting on his own siblings should be considered extremely dangerous. I consider myself a compassionate human being, but there are limits to the behaviors we should tolerate as a society. I can't imagine making it on this jury and having to work my way through the evidence. Gives me chills.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The gently caress kind of name is Bobye

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
So basically they are trying to argue that using Linux/Mac/Windows are incredibly specialized skillsets and not like a normally thing people switch in between all the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I seem to recall having heard once that if you don't actually struggle, drowning is not that terrible a way to die? So I'm not sure it really is the punishment this dude's earned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbE_CR8SXqY&t=32s

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Three Olives posted:

So basically they are trying to argue that using Linux/Mac/Windows are incredibly specialized skillsets and not like a normally thing people switch in between all the time?

Or that, at the very least, most GUIs are similar enough that you can probably figure it out. I can make an argument for command line stuff, but, there's also Google.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

dr.acula posted:

The gently caress kind of name is Bobye
It’s just somebody that they used to know.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

Or that, at the very least, most GUIs are similar enough that you can probably figure it out. I can make an argument for command line stuff, but, there's also Google.

Also it's like incredibly common for home Mac users to use Windows at work. Didn't they also mention that the computer had specific software for writing auto sales contracts that might not even be available on macs?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

A bunch of damning evidence.

Defense is going to have hell of a row to hoe today! May as well save some time and just call it now.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Also it's like incredibly common for home Mac users to use Windows at work. Didn't they also mention that the computer had specific software for writing auto sales contracts that might not even be available on macs?

There's a lot of POS and specific automobile sales applications for Mac:
https://www.capterra.com/auto-dealer-software/s/mac/

There's more than just that, I'm sure.

The sad part here is that, it's a defense that may work considering the make up of most juries.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

Yeah, if you can operate a web browser on a Mac or Windows or Linux machine you can do it on the other two. Definitely straw grasping but I guess it might work on a non-computer nerd audience. Probably not in this case, though!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, if you can operate a web browser on a Mac or Windows or Linux machine you can do it on the other two. Definitely straw grasping but I guess it might work on a non-computer nerd audience. Probably not in this case, though!

My father is 80 and a former executive in a non-tech field and can use Windows and Mac just fine.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I will lol forever if he walks because computers are too hard to figure out

Also someone inform YOSPOS about this

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jim Bobye

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is really reaching

quote:

LINUX PARTITION PROGRAMS
In the case of the Linux partition in question, it had TOR, a torrent program, and VLC installed.
Gelfand's possible argument could be that Josh Duggar had used Transmission in the past, and he could be trying to question what the reasoning would be for Duggar to download other similar programs with the same goal.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Bob-eye?
Bobby?
Bob-ye?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What's that expression, there is always more and it is always worse. I don't know why I'm shocked but still I am

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
is it bobby? booby?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Dugg it, Bobye

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
bob dole is deadye

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Dugg it, Bobye

lol

temple posted:

bob dole is deadye

lol again

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Arguing that their client couldn't have done this because they only know how to use a Mac and not other operating systems is similar to the argument of "your honor, my client could have in no way committed vehicular homicide using the Toyota they were video taped running over a dozen people in, as they have only driven Fords! I rest my case."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I meam this is the website of the defense

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

"Im computer illiterate " ITYOL 2021 is a hard sell imo.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I wonder if his counsel will try the “OJ’s glove” defense, only they’ll bring out a computer and he’ll mash and paw at it clumsily before turning to the jury and offering a shrug.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Sentinel posted:

It’s really, really not. I’d expand but I have to go change all the correction my coworker made in red text instead of track change in copy of copy of budget 2022 (new)V3 may23rd with Luke’s comments fixed.docx

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Sentinel posted:

Arguing that your client is as dumb and helpless as a baby while they're expected to operate a car dealership is a loving galaxy brain take. Any idiot can install Linux so long as they can read, and it's functionally similar to Mac, so this argument is just bad.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Honestly, what kind of compassionate research would you intend to do on a man who leisurely watches infant rape films? Would you be comfortable integrating an individual with a history of incest into your community?

All jokes aside, what Josh Duggar is accused of and has an established history of enacting on his own siblings should be considered extremely dangerous. I consider myself a compassionate human being, but there are limits to the behaviors we should tolerate as a society. I can't imagine making it on this jury and having to work my way through the evidence. Gives me chills.

The compassion is for people who live with a hosed-up sexual urge that they know is hosed-up and wrong, and don't act on it. These people exist, having this problem does not automatically turn people into monsters. There was a really good article a number of years ago that had interviews with some of these cases, and one of the points was that it was near-impossible to get help.

The research is on whichever test subjects you can find, and it's probably a lot easier to get your hands on them after they've committed some type of offense. Because if you put an ad in the paper that says "pedophiles wanted!" I don't think you get a lot of responses.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Almost Smart posted:

I wonder if his counsel will try the “OJ’s glove” defense, only they’ll bring out a computer and he’ll mash and paw at it clumsily before turning to the jury and offering a shrug.

Josh Duggar found not guilty after unable to exit vi in Linux after 2 hours

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

War Wizard posted:

Arguing that your client is as dumb and helpless as a baby while they're expected to operate a car dealership is a loving galaxy brain take. Any idiot can install Linux so long as they can read, and it's functionally similar to Mac, so this argument is just bad.

You say this but decades of Hollywood exposure has told most of America that Linux is used by super hackers who break into the Pentagon and NSA on the regular and are unstoppable geniuses

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Who drowned, died, and apparently lived to tell you about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

EorayMel posted:

I will lol forever if he walks because computers are too hard to figure out

Also someone inform YOSPOS about this

it's easy when your mom is a robit