Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I saw that. There has to be a "chicken switch," so I wonder how soon until you get Twitch/YouTube daredevils who go through the motions just to see if they can cheat the reaper and bail out of the suicide box before they pass out, while getting a :catdrugs: high in the process.

i just cracked a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I saw that. There has to be a "chicken switch," so I wonder how soon until you get Twitch/YouTube daredevils who go through the motions just to see if they can cheat the reaper and bail out of the suicide box before they pass out, while getting a :catdrugs: high in the process.

mcbexx posted:

Wire the button to a channel points reward and let chat decide your fate.
LOL you are dead.

Or better yet, make it a donation goal so everyone or no one is guilty.

"Thank you xXWeedlord420BonerhitlerXx for giving me 5 more seconds to live" I mumble as I slip into eternity.

Ssthalar has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Dec 6, 2021

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Mr. Lobe posted:

You wouldn't have time to complete more than a brief sentence of thought for most tall buildings with an accessible roof. Maybe 6 seconds at most.

Dunno, how tall is the Golden gate bridge. I saw documentary about jumpers off that and all the ones who survived said they had time to regret it and wished they could save themselves.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It's always been my opinion that the best way to kill yourself is a disposable barbecue (after the flames have gone out) in a tent. Carbon monoxide is supposed to be like going to sleep.

That does seem the least painful way to do it. The guy from the band Boston did it that way, and there was a Japanese suicide manual which listed this as the easiest way to go.

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Dec 6, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Marenghi posted:

Dunno, how tall is the Golden gate bridge. I saw documentary about jumpers off that and all the ones who survived said they had time to regret it and wished they could save themselves.

I suppose 6 seconds is enough time to think, "Oh... gently caress. No!"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Instant head explosion is a lot less terrifying to experience than a long fall. Plus you never know if you might actually not instantly die on impact.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I suppose 6 seconds is enough time to think, "Oh... gently caress. No!"

four seconds. the longest wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZA_7FtttRY

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm gonna find out how it feels to starve to death eventually

lol, lmao

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

The Wisest Moron posted:

Instant head explosion is a lot less terrifying to experience than a long fall. Plus you never know if you might actually not instantly die on impact.

https://youtu.be/S9ZSzuj1UpA

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/CNET/status/1467924982202306584
There will be adequate documentation

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

spam it with tubgirl

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

sleater-kinney still loving owns

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Just the word 'Penis' 500 times.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

lol it's a marketing company

wonder what's being advertised

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There'll probably be some real stupid butterfly effect that causes the collapse, like how a farmer masturbating with a beer bottle led to the first and only time an F-117 got shot down

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
good news

we found more plastic

https://twitter.com/ScienceNews/status/1467926817046921216

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
microplastics are soooo cute

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

quote:

It’s the first time that a living microplastic “sink,” or long-term storage site, has been quantified, Reichert says.

buddy

look in a mirror

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I'm sure this is really good for the coral

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Complications posted:

lol it's a marketing company

wonder what's being advertised
next-gen domes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'm sure this is really good for the coral

*shrug*. whats the worst that can happen? coral is already dying

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

6 seconds would probably feel a lot longer if you spent it falling from a building

It's always been my opinion that the best way to kill yourself is a disposable barbecue (after the flames have gone out) in a tent. Carbon monoxide is supposed to be like going to sleep.

Time to check in on the biosphere collapse thread and... yup, they're talking about suicide methods.

I'll keep this one in my back pocket though. I could make some nice smoked chicken wings before I go. Kill two birds with one... smoker.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Biosphere Collapse: it is (again) the official thread stance that you should not kill yourself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

even in death we have to pump out 200lb of plastic lol

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

This thread documents humanity killing itself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
you can literally just repurpose a facemask. throw it in the dishwasher after. it'd cost like 10 dollars lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i blame star trek

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
I'm so full of microplastics, YUM! ! !

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Biosphere Collapse: it is (again) the official thread stance that you should not kill yourself

:hmmyes:

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Cup Runneth Over posted:

what is the policy on oil barons

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
*Some conditions may apply

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

God Hole posted:

helicopter subsidies

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Marenghi posted:

That does seem the least painful way to do it. The guy from the band Boston did it that way, and there was a Japanese suicide manual which listed this as the easiest way to go.

iirc one person in that documentary thought "i don't want to die" as soon as he let go, not like a couple of seconds into the fall

it's like that one rapper who cut his dick off or whatever, once you actually cross over the line your body/mind sobers the gently caress up and is like "oops! wait! nooooo!"

i'm kinda of really lucky because i don't believe in an afterlife, and the realization that there probably isn't an afterlife and that christianity is wrong stopped me from an attempt when i was a teenager

i wrote a line in one of my songs "if it looks like suicide, i was loving killed then" and i really mean it. avenge meeeee :black101:

Chamale posted:

There'll probably be some real stupid butterfly effect that causes the collapse, like how a farmer masturbating with a beer bottle led to the first and only time an F-117 got shot down

lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Alobar posted:

it's like that one rapper who cut his dick off or whatever, once you actually cross over the line your body/mind sobers the gently caress up and is like "oops! wait! nooooo!"

he should get an arm penis, i'd definitely get an arm penis if i cut off my weiner in a pcp fueled haze

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

God Hole posted:

coward's way out. face justice

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

helicopter subsidies

:hai:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

God Hole posted:

Legally it was ruled an accident that he accelerated into the only big brick wall within miles of his home

quote:

“He pretty much drove straight into the wall. The information out there at the scene is that he went left of center, went through a grassy area right before colliding into the embankment. There was plenty of opportunity for him to correct and get back on the roadway, and that didn't occur.”

Two months later, with the medical examiner's final report still pending, Balderrama announced that the police investigation found no evidence of suicide, including no emails or messages implying this,[83] but neither could it be ruled out: "Had he slept at all? It's very possible he suffered a medical event... We may never know one-hundred percent what happened."[84]

The medical examiner classified the death as an accident.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Chamale posted:

Please explain this one to me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

as far as I know nobody in the f117 shootdown was horny or even at half mast

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Mr. Lobe posted:

so there was this farmer and he liked to masturbate by putting a bottle on a stick in his field and loving himself with it but he slipped one day and the bottle broke

initially he made up a lie, saying that he was attacked, but later was like "ah, i was masturbating, actually"

the reaction of the public and the media led to nationalism that led to the collapse of the country, leading to war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%90or%C4%91e_Martinovi%C4%87_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_F-117A_shootdown

and i didn't know about this until today :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

it goes in the butt