Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A Sometimes Food posted:

With a dash of anime cause Kat is, afterall, a huge dork.
Half the robots just full Jojos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I like that the other robo-person has red irises because of course the eye colour slider has all possible options available and if you randomize the setting you're as likely to land on something that doesn't exist outside of JRPG protagonists as something mundane.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The long haired one should've gone for a neckbeard while it was at it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Oh, now I'm sad. He's forgotten about the pipes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad that some robots decided it was important to be cute :hai:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Awww it's the baby from She Gave Us An Ocean!

probably

Hempuli posted:

I like that the other robo-person has red irises because of course the eye colour slider has all possible options available and if you randomize the setting you're as likely to land on something that doesn't exist outside of JRPG protagonists as something mundane.

No, red eye girl designed herself deliberately, not random. Kat constrained the randoms to within human norms.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Sweet, GC storylines about hair cuts are my second favorite (after laser cows).

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

They still view their bodies as things rather than as themselves. Interesting.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

There Bias Two posted:

I suppose the question of mind/body duality is pretty much solved when you've been transferred from one body to another at least once.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

There Bias Two posted:

Haha yeah, it's weird that they do that, only they do

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:negative:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe I’m just reading too much into your post, but I don’t think their dialogue here is particular revealing. I would expect humans who got a new body to talk about said new bodies the same way.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I like these two, they're fun! I like the long-haired one especially, I'm looking forward to them doing stuff.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looking at these two and the ones on the last page, I wonder if they're making them all as late teens/young adults to fit their newness in the world.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/1466994808803803138?s=20

SHE's JUST SO BOLD

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
She is proud of that body she spent a long time designing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
"Why does it have pincers!?!?!?" -That guy, probably

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
There's gotta be a catch. Just you watch, we're gonna get good and attached to these two, and then BAM- one of them is revealed to be Boxbot.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mraagvpeine posted:

She is proud of that body she spent a long time designing.

yeah I have character like that too

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Am I the only one that thinks Long-haired Boy looks similar to the rabbit kid? I thought it may have been him at first just aged up since it has probably been long enough :corsair:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Duplicate entry from the Court's body grow-op.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Kat pulled a zuckerberg and grabbed a dump of the court's yearbook database.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Would it be sacrilege if one of the robots wanted to look like Kat?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Would it be sacrilege if one of the robots wanted to look like Kat?

We've already had one that looked like Annie for a while but no one was around to judge her for it so who knows!

edit: Ok the other Annie was probably not a robot but she never bled enough for us to be able to tell

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Robot food is people! People I tell you!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You, plebian the old food enjoyer

Me, the based new food enjoyer

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

CJacobs posted:

SHE's JUST SO BOLD

You'd think the robots would also be given a primer on human etiquette. Then again, humans don't even get that all at once, so...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Inglonias posted:

You'd think the robots would also be given a primer on human etiquette. Then again, humans don't even get that all at once, so...

Well historically for religions that's supposed to be God's job to inform them, and God is a teenager so she doesn't really know anything about that either

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Inglonias posted:

At the same time, they've probably picked up on much of it just by being around humans. On the other hand, they may not see themselves as human, and thus might not consider the rules important among themselves.

There's a whole rabbit hole here waiting to be explored.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Well historically for religions that's supposed to be God's job to inform them, and God is a teenager so she doesn't really know anything about that either

.... The cast isn't even 18 yet, are they.
:psyduck:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

.... The cast isn't even 18 yet, are they.
:psyduck:

In a recent commentary video Tom said the characters are around 17 at this point. (Or were a couple of chapters ago, anyway)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah there's a clusterfuck of implications here that I'm happy to just cruuuuise on past.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MikeJF posted:

Yeah there's a clusterfuck of implications here that I'm happy to just cruuuuise on past.

Oh gently caress they are all wearing tracksuits

This will end well

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 9, 2021

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Xand_Man posted:

This will end well

Admittedly the track suits are probably more just the kind of utility clothing the court would have had a lot of lying around for the exbots to appropriate.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Xand_Man posted:

This will end well

That's too dark of a reference to be intentional (I hope).

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's really worrying me that robot is still... whatever he is instead of going full human.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The new bodies probably don't have the jack Robot needs to guide the other robots towards reincarnation that's not a job going to anyone else in a hurry.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if this robot to human transfer tech works in reverse? A possible origin for Kat's machine goddess form?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's too dark of a reference to be intentional (I hope).

It (hopefully) will not go that way but they still make a good visual shorthand for "My spiritual beliefs are definitely NOT A CULT"

Depending on how far you want to go with it, we are seeing a potential new nember being paired with an attractive, outgoing person to lure them in...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

maswastaken posted:

The new bodies probably don't have the jack Robot needs to guide the other robots towards reincarnation that's not a job going to anyone else in a hurry.

Yeah, he probably considers it his duty to make sure all other robots are given the choice first.