Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
China will unlock the secrets of the Space Cube and uplift all mankind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i feel like NASA would have pulled some 'thats not in our target area' bullshit and just left it be. feels like they did this on Mars already, just ignore the interesting thing and continue on-mission but i dunno

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Tighclops posted:

China will unlock the secrets of the Space Cube and uplift all mankind

its the Moon Twin Towers and the neocons are going to fly a shuttles into them

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What weapon do I need if 20-30 feral peanutties swarm out of a uap and across my yard, threatening my family with violent probing?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

atelier morgan posted:

please do not suggest people read harry "robert e lee and erwin rommel are my heroes' turtledove

lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'll project some plasma

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
read it yourself in shame if you must but please

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Failson posted:

Anyone read "The Hunt for Zero Point?"

I found it worth the read.
Brief summary: US Gov and aerospace defence companies have been actively researching antigravity since at least the 1950s. It was publicly talked about unitl the late 1950s/early 1960s then went totally dark. The research has continued until today but results are all secret.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Slavvy posted:

What weapon do I need if 20-30 feral peanutties swarm out of a uap and across my yard, threatening my family with violent probing?

throw hats out the window to distract them and then wait for :tinylue: to send an astral attack squad

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

atelier morgan posted:

read it yourself in shame if you must but please

this is the uap thread, there's the rest of cspam for you to performatively obsess over the politics of other people, it's a cute little story that other people have enjoyed and nobody particularly cares about your opinions of the crusty old fucker who wrote it

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

atelier morgan posted:

please do not suggest people read harry "robert e lee and erwin rommel are my heroes' turtledove

who fuckin cares nerd

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wheeee posted:

this is the uap thread, there's the rest of cspam for you to performatively obsess over the politics of other people, it's a cute little story that other people have enjoyed and nobody particularly cares about your opinions of the crusty old fucker who wrote it

But did you know that LUE WORKED FOR THE CIA and his dad was involved in BAY OF PIGS?! Check and mate :smug:

Really want to know what Stalin thought of UFO's tbh.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Slavvy posted:

But did you know that LUE WORKED FOR THE CIA and his dad was involved in BAY OF PIGS?! Check and mate :smug:

Really want to know what Stalin thought of UFO's tbh.

probably thought they were trying to assassinate him

they were

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

politics aside on a strictly interpersonal level, if i needed someone to like watch my home and pets or whatever i'd trust the typical intelligence agency officer over the average cspam poster tbh

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wheeee posted:

politics aside on a strictly interpersonal level, if i needed someone to like watch my home and pets or whatever i'd trust the typical intelligence agency officer over the average cspam poster tbh

on a scale from 1 to US Embassy in Havana, how many listening devices have you had someone plant in your house. be honest

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wheeee posted:

I mean one will go through all your poo poo and use it against you at a later date, the other will just jizz all over the place, go for a walk and forget where you live. IDK.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Probably should factor in how much you care about the weed intake of all your pets too

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

does that zero point book have anything to do with this doc or mark mccandlish? he apparently shot himself last spring, rip

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Tighclops posted:

Will the James Webb telescope be able to detect weed markers in the light refracted through the atmospheres of extra solar worlds. Is it possible there are alien forms of weed.

With certainty :weed:

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

I've got a lot of thoughts on Hunt for the Zero Point and McCandlish's ARV but this thread aint gonna like em

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

atelier morgan posted:

lol.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

so out of nowhere i just recalled Gary McKinnon (still awaiting extradition to the US as far as i know).

did he find the goods? was it a honeypot?

his is a weird case, hes also been kind of 'protected' by succesive UK govts, at least in terms of not handing him over

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed that the answer to FTL wasn't "it's actually incredibly easy. You fool. You imbecile."

It'd be interesting if the Great Filter turns out to be that FTL is actually really easy but absurdly dangerous to use. Like I imagine Real Bad Things would happen to a planet interacting with an Alcubierre field's space-time distortion.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Hooplah posted:

does that zero point book have anything to do with this doc or mark mccandlish? he apparently shot himself last spring, rip

Not mentioned in the book as far as i can see. I get the impression that guy's a total fraud

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Huh, apparently an Alcubierre drive ship would likely 'sweep up' every bit of cosmic radiation that gets caught in its field and carry it along to the destination, potentially releasing a giant burst of radiation when it drops out of warp. So uh, that could be an interesting side effect. A quick little jaunt to the nearest system and back ends up with a sterilizing GRB.

Vernii has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Dec 7, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Rickshaw posted:

I've got a lot of thoughts on Hunt for the Zero Point and McCandlish's ARV but this thread aint gonna like em

you seem to have misinterpreted this thread, it’s not like you’re running in to breathlessly inform us of the shocking fact that Lue is retired intelligence, by all means post

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

nooooo uaptheory, pull up!

https://twitter.com/UAPTheory/status/1467711773084114947?s=20

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

1 cause no fear - theyre demons!
2 do no harm - probing and creating an underclass of hybrids
3 leave no trace - lol thats going well

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

whats the best camera to get that's in the $500-800 range?
it'll mainly be for taking pics of wildlife but if i see an alien or ufo i may as well get some footage of it

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

4 - max and relax and chill all cool, shooting some b-ball

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
i keep asking but my dirty dishes aren't cooperating
need more gratitude

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rickshaw posted:

Lol what

Inevitable

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Vernii posted:

Huh, apparently an Alcubierre drive ship would likely 'sweep up' every bit of cosmic radiation that gets caught in its field and carry it along to the destination, potentially realizing a giant burst of radiation when it drops out of warp. So uh, that could be an interesting side effect. A quick little jaunt to the nearest system and back ends up with a sterilizing GRB.

Probably warp to the star in the system so it all gets sucked in to that (??), then do regular space flying to the planet you wanted to see

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It's a matter of time before she does a sex one

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Aliens can gently caress in exotic ways

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jazerus posted:

throw hats out the window to distract them and then wait for :tinylue: to send an astral attack squad

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Inspector Hound posted:

It's a matter of time before she does a sex one

"Draw me like one of your French humans."

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

finally proof that it's normal and good to apologize to the lamp when u accidentally bump into it on ur way to the fridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Can’t wait to spiritually ascend so I can lift rocks and turn off the engine of my car.

At least make this poo poo sound fun and/or useful.