Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

lamb posted:

Thank you rear end-penny, 13Pandora13, Zoesdare, 50s Girl Groupon, Team Lunch and Keetron! I love spooky mail.

Team Lunch, I've updated your address on the list.

Would anyone in the thread like a random box of craft stuff? I am cleaning out my craft storage some time between now and January, and would rather give things to someone who can use them rather than throw them away or sell them for $1 at a garage sale. I have yarn, scrapbooking stuff, ribbon, buttons, rubber stamps...things like that.

I’m a real big fan of scrapbooking things, but it’s looking increasingly likely I’ll be moving house sometime before the end of the year so I may need to update you on an address that’ll get to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

:toxx: fulfilled...three lucky goons have mail on the way!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I owe an apology to Keetron who sent me a goonmail a while back. It arrived when my kids were at their other houses and I wanted to save it to open when they were around (“mail from the internet!”)…and then I forgot about it on my disaster of a desk. :negative:

Undaunted, he sent me another letter for Halloween, as did Lamb. Gonna have to come up with some good stuff to send back and find some others to write cards to as well. It’s so intimidating to think of this stuff, but I’ll manage it!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Over here in the Netherlands we do not celebrate Halloween, but if you did not open it, I'll not spoil it. It is a birthday card, once a year I send those out to the entire thread as it beats trying to time it 40 times a year.

That said, some time ago (I could check in this thread), I cleaned up some boxes and came upon years old, literally 10 year old unopened goonmail. I send stuff to all the reply addresses I could find, not sure how many actually reached the person it was intended for. Now I try to keep up with replies and honestly, I am a few weeks behind already.

Happy the mail reached you and take care over there!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Thanks to lamb, Zoesdare, rear end-penny, and Keetron for the mail!

I just dropped a bunch of Halloween cards in the mail, will be interested to see how long it takes them to get where they're going. Especially the one bound for Keetron.

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010
PERSHING! Thank you so much for the book and card and birthday wishes! I am enjoying it and so is my cat Wednesday as you can see :allears:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I received more goonmail! a postcard from A.P. which i guess is none other than AssPenny, a letter from GAG which would be Goons Are Great and a card from Sharizard for unintended rhyme.

You are all awesome, I am looking forward to making and sending out Christmas cards (in the works already).

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I sent Lamb my new address! We move next week but I’m forwarding my mail so at least through the end of the year I will get mail to either address!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Got Halloween greetings from IMJack thank you!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Got adorable Halloween (and birthday) cards from Keetron and lamb today! Thank you guys so much!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

And another Halloween card from IMJack! Thank you Jack, I really appreciate getting goonmail, it brightens up my days every time.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Excellent! Glad you like the cards. Keetron, that one got to you a lot faster than I expected! Good to know.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

IMJack posted:

Excellent! Glad you like the cards. Keetron, that one got to you a lot faster than I expected! Good to know.

I got one too! And one from Sharizard! Thanks everyone :glomp:

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got another letter from Zoesdare, thank you!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Kierena posted:

PERSHING! Thank you so much for the book and card and birthday wishes! I am enjoying it and so is my cat Wednesday as you can see :allears:

I'd pay cost of postage just for the one eyed cat pics...you're welcome :)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you for the letter, Zoesdare! The coming week I’ll have time to reply to all the cool folks that send me stuff.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

It's been ages since I have participated but I want back in! I've loved getting mail from all you folk and now that I've settled in to my new house I have time again.
Interests are cats (I have 3), Jane Austen, Dr Who, paper crafts, and gardening.

Address is:
8662 Magnolia Way
Dexter MI 48130

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Ah, right when I wanted to ask lamb if the list was up to date so I can start with christmas cards.

I got a return to sender from jadedhula, no idea why.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron posted:

Ah, right when I wanted to ask lamb if the list was up to date so I can start with christmas cards.

I got a return to sender from jadedhula, no idea why.

I last updated the file the 2nd, but a few people have messaged me with updates since the. I'm recovering from surgery and can't really sit upright at the moment, but I'm hoping to be more ambulatory this weekend. I will definitely have it updated before Thanksgiving, I promise!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lamb posted:

I last updated the file the 2nd, but a few people have messaged me with updates since the. I'm recovering from surgery and can't really sit upright at the moment, but I'm hoping to be more ambulatory this weekend. I will definitely have it updated before Thanksgiving, I promise!

No worries, your health is always first over weird internet people.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron posted:

No worries, your health is always first over weird internet people.

Weird internet people keep me going my friend 😁

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Does anyone know when the SASS thread will start up? I’ve been checking GBS like a crazy person but I don’t know if recent events will overshadow it.
If anything I already have all my stamps for my Christmas cards!!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got a really nice halloween card from 50s girl groupon! thank you!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

CeramicPig posted:

Does anyone know when the SASS thread will start up? I’ve been checking GBS like a crazy person but I don’t know if recent events will overshadow it.
If anything I already have all my stamps for my Christmas cards!!

It's up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3985259

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you so much!!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I met my new mail person today and it did not go well. My real name should be on the sheet now, so if something addressed to my username bounces back, please use that.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Zoesdare posted:

I met my new mail person today and it did not go well. My real name should be on the sheet now, so if something addressed to my username bounces back, please use that.

My friend who lives in Switzerland tells me that the name and address on the envelope need to match what is on the door else the mail will refuse to deliver. Very tempted to send him a letter addressed to "That rear end in a top hat who introduced me to my wife" and see if I get it back.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Thanks to everyone who sent out cards my way. I have my Holiday cards all set to go out right off in December!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

The list is up to date!

Thank you Zoesdare, meat glitter, and Bulletsponge13 for your letters!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lamb posted:

The list is up to date!

Thank you Zoesdare, meat glitter, and Bulletsponge13 for your letters!

omg yes, now I can wrap up the christmas cards and then they might even arrive in 2021!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

rear end Penny, thank you for the card!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Meat Glitter, you letter arrived, thank you! December is here so I'll be sending out Generic Solstice Cards with an evergreen on it and answering to letters the coming week.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
rear end-Penny, thank you for the postcard! Zoesdare, thank you for both of the letters!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Hey guys, I have a weird (ish?) request. Would any of you be willing to send me a postcard from your city/state and maybe include one thing you could recommend about it? Or not recommend about it? Or any random shower thoughts about your state.

I'm having major trouble with shipping an international package (the PRICE) and was thinking that collecting some small snippets and postcards from around the world might make a nice collage gift to an international goon.

I will happily reply to each person with a card/letter that doesn't cost my first born to mail out.

This is a weird long shot but just thought I'd ask.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Gonna mail out Christmas/winter holiday cards this week.

I do want to acknowledge the dearth of Halloween cards I got and did not recognize. Things have been nuts (and honestly, no clue when they'll calm down):
Kreyla (omg that stoat/weasel sticker :3 )
Meat Glitter
Zoesdare
Team Lunch
Lamb
Keetron
rear end-penny
50s Girl Groupon
IM Jack

Getting all of these seriously brightened my days, I love Halloween a ton and other than day of (which I did my normal full size bars, terrifying animatronics decor blowout), I didn't have much time to get into it this year.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Hey guys, I have a weird (ish?) request. Would any of you be willing to send me a postcard from your city/state and maybe include one thing you could recommend about it? Or not recommend about it? Or any random shower thoughts about your state.

I'm having major trouble with shipping an international package (the PRICE) and was thinking that collecting some small snippets and postcards from around the world might make a nice collage gift to an international goon.

I will happily reply to each person with a card/letter that doesn't cost my first born to mail out.

I don't think we've got your new address ITT? I've got a Virginia Cardinal postcard and everything I can send if you DM me your address...

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Please DM me as well and I will send a piece of Arizona

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

kafkasgoldfish posted:

DM Me your address and I will send you kitschy florida postcard! And a left for yourself if you’d like one!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Not sure when you need it but I can send you a card from The Netherlands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Keetron posted:

Not sure when you need it but I can send you a card from The Netherlands?

Goodness, yes.
I followed up with lamb about my address, thanks guys!