Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

It's no Bioshock Infinite.

But it is significantly better than Fallout: New Vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

It's no Bioshock Infinite.

still thinking about the adam sessler review all these years later lol

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Seems like you can still see some of the dev hell the game went through, but that it also came out of that dev hell as a good game. Nice end of a(nother) really good year for Microsoft. Hopefully this is the trend going forward.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It'll be interesting to see how this Halo pans out, we're in uncharted (not the PlayStation game franchise) territory.

- Fanbase so toxic they shut down the reddit Halo subforum over the weekend.
- Battle pass aside, the multiplayer is 100% free to play (don't even need XBL Gold apparently).
- So the $60 asking price is exclusively for the campaign, although since it's on Game Pass I suspect almost everyone will play it that way, or with a bundled game code if that's a thing.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Has anyone played Chorus? Was released last week to what I believe has been zero fanfare. Although I've been balls dead in :angel: the past fortnight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

no snow areas or anything is pretty disappointing but the campaign still looks insanely fun

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Has anyone played Chorus? Was released last week to what I believe has been zero fanfare. Although I've been balls dead in :angel: the past fortnight.

Yeah there’s someone posting about it in the PS5 thread, it looks cool!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It's good.

https://i.imgur.com/50g7lmP.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/BfLXCA5.mp4

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

:eyepop: that looks hella fun.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
This is what Star Fox could be. But alas!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

This is what Star Fox could be. But alas!

Textures? More than a single-digit fps? That ain't Star Fox.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I think the silly animals talking takes a certain edge off. I always seem to fall off other games in the genre even if they're objectively good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Only I have the chorvs to rule Lylat

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I would like to see a review of halo campaign from eternal Far Cry buyers. The opinion of bad game enjoyers is a viewpoint much closer to my own.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Yeah its good aside from some annoying ui/hud issues.
The intro is dumb tho you have a bunch of dog fights to play through but they dont give you the fast turning ability for like 2 hours so these supposed tutorial fights are like stupid hard and then they let you spin on your axis and every enemy becomes your bitch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The intro is dumb tho you have a bunch of dog fights to play through but they dont give you the fast turning ability for like 2 hours so these supposed tutorial fights are like stupid hard and then they let you spin on your axis and every enemy becomes your bitch.

What in the gently caress

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can do a lot of side missions in the first area before getting the actual sassy back-talking ship but you should just advance the main story until you get the first two Rite powers (drift and leap) and then do sidequests.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its not a deal breaker its just annoying.
The team was going for a big power boost moment for the player without thinking through how much it blows to fight enemies that can clearly spin around and shoot you instantly when you've got to come around on them like an airplane.

Similarly they give you the drift turn ability in a very confined space thinking you will appreciate the maneuverability but i bounced the gently caress off every wall like a dumbass for a few mins until i really figured it out

Just the kind of unforced error a smaller team would make.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/xboxgamepasspc/status/1467947104572264449?s=21

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
That first one must be some japanese RPG based on title length alone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ymgve posted:

That first one must be some japanese RPG based on title length alone

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Anniversary Edition: VR Edition

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The graphic designer behind Spotify wrapped has branched out into redaction design.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Augus posted:

no snow areas or anything

The one thing I was dreading they actually hosed up. How do you make a big-rear end tentpole game with two environments? (I know the answer is they had to basically start over last year, but it’s still lame)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
No pre-load available for the halo campaign then?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Plague tale and slime rancher were both surprise good times, will def play sequels.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I won't get the copy of Halo I won for maybe another month so it's gonna be torture to see everyone play the campaign, but hopefully by that time it'll have a patch or two to make it even more polished so actually I stay winning.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine posting in the Xbox thread and not having Game Pass Ultimate.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

American McGay posted:

:pathetic:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

No pre-load available for the halo campaign then?

There isn't one yet anyway. Maybe a pre-load will happen in the next few days?

Early reports are that the Campaign DLC is an extra 28 gig download or thereabouts (might depend on which of the four Xboxes you're installing to).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I did the math and figured it didn't make sense for me personally to be a monthly subscriber. It's a good service though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I did the math and figured it didn't make sense for me personally to be a monthly subscriber. It's a good service though.

I spent 80 dollars for two years. What kind of math are you doing dude

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's $15 a month and I just didn't want to be bothered with Gold conversions.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Are there any deals/discounts for current subscribers?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Halo releases at 1 pm on the east coast and no preload in sight. lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ZeeBoi posted:

Tomorrow is Tuesday.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I'm aware. My point still stands - no preload for something popular coming out in the middle of the day on December 8. Guess they want us to have that same experience the disc buyers will have.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

Funniest poo poo I've seen all year!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

American McGay posted:

I don't even have an Xbox :lmao:

(it's actually true, I'm just here for the PC GamePass discussion since we don't have a separate thread for that, and PC-GP is still an insanely good deal)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

I'm aware. My point still stands - no preload for something popular coming out in the middle of the day on December 8. Guess they want us to have that same experience the disc buyers will have.

It comes out thursday in Japan which is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

ZeeBoi posted:

i've downloaded 28gb of Halo Infinite (Campaign) from the gamepass mobile app (or gamepass windows application too i guess?) which i assume is the bare bones initial campaign stuff and it'll download the rest in the background as you play the first few missions before the open world stuff starts.