Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I forget exactly how it went down, but that also neatly ended the “Quinn thinks Dexter is a murderer” subplot. Quinn was under suspicion for Liddy’s disappearance and Dexter somehow made the evidence disappear, proving to Quinn that Dexter was a proper cop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

codo27 posted:

I take it most of you were too busy scoffing at the show itt to really pay attention and remember things about it. Robocop was stabbed by Dexter in the van, died. Bled on Quinn's shoe

i believe in the writers ability to explain away his "death"

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I forget exactly how it went down, but that also neatly ended the “Quinn thinks Dexter is a murderer” subplot. Quinn was under suspicion for Liddy’s disappearance and Dexter somehow made the evidence disappear, proving to Quinn that Dexter was a proper cop?

It was also after Quinn had been called to meet up with Liddy who claimed to have made a big break in the investigation, then when he reaches the meetup spot Liddy is dead. Then Dexter fakes the evidence to clear Quinn and somehow that leads to Quinn dropping all suspicion on Dexter, the only person who had any reason to kill Liddy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

also was there really any point in hiding the villains identity to now?

It allowed them to do literally the same sequence twice without anyone questioning it.

Well, until this post.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The first sequence demonstrates how the second kill went wrong for Kurt.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The first sequence demonstrates how the second kill went wrong for Kurt.

Yup. It also let us meet the character as a local and a father before we designate him as villain or "big bad".

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I am really enjoying Dexter being back. Harrison is just stealing the spotlight for me and it's just really enjoyable, despite Dexter doing incredibly dumb stuff that is out of character "to protect his son".

I am just kind of dreading where to plot goes from here, though, because there are a lot of really dumb and stupid options that I really wont like.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Interior scene inside the store Dexter works in. Dexter is behind the counter rearranging things and hears someone enter the store. As they shuffle to the counter, he says "Is there anything I can help you with?" as he turns around to face the customer, he realizes it is a badly scarred Doakes. "Supplies, mother fucker."

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Quinn gonna pop in with a “Hello mother fucker” and blue ball us twice as hard!

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Argue posted:

I liked how Batista turned around before walking away to add that Deb's nephew was named Harrison, as if that information was at all meaningful or relevant to Angela.

This was so cheesy that I couldn’t help but enjoy it. It doesn’t hurt that a big draw to any anti hero show is watching the noose tighten around their neck with time. The fact that his world starts crumbling because of a stupid coincidence is fine in my book.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Is Quinn dead? Wasn't there a Lundy at some point? Is he alive?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

clown shoes posted:

Is Quinn dead? Wasn't there a Lundy at some point? Is he alive?

lundy was killed by trinity's secret daughter who was sleeping with quinn and then shot herself. this happened in the season that's the consensus favorite among fans because they forgot all the scenes john lithgow wasn't in

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

lundy was killed by trinity's secret daughter who was sleeping with quinn and then shot herself. this happened in the season that's the consensus favorite among fans because they forgot all the scenes john lithgow wasn't in

Lundy was the Trinity season? Jesus, I could’ve sworn it was later.

Edit: Wait! I was thinking Peter Weller. Disregard.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Lundy is dead but don't worry they introduced a new Lundy named Liddy afterwards (also now dead)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ghostwritingduck posted:

This was so cheesy that I couldn’t help but enjoy it. It doesn’t hurt that a big draw to any anti hero show is watching the noose tighten around their neck with time. The fact that his world starts crumbling because of a stupid coincidence is fine in my book.

any other show i'd agree with you but it's going to take a miracle to break Dexters plot armour

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Argue posted:

Lundy is dead but don't worry they introduced a new Lundy named Liddy afterwards (also now dead)

Dying...the oldest PI Trick of them all.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The entirety of Dexter is on Amazon Prime and I'm actually tempted to dive into seasons 1, 2 or 4. HALP

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

R. Guyovich posted:

I am glad someone else is speaking the truth. S4 was extremely dumb outside of Trinity. S2 best. :colbert:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Seasons 1 and 2 really shows how loving hot and wet Miami is. The entire cast just dripping with sweat all the time. I wish the current season would show off how cold it is and do something with it. Just makes the show feel a bit more real.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

Seasons 1 and 2 really shows how loving hot and wet Miami is. The entire cast just dripping with sweat all the time. I wish the current season would show off how cold it is and do something with it. Just makes the show feel a bit more real.

Dexter, being from Florida, should be constantly complaining about how cold it is. My immersion is ruined.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The other characters should all be asking "Where's Lundy? Is he still alive?" even though they don't know him.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Can someone remind me what the "old PI trick" actually was in the show

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Argue posted:

Can someone remind me what the "old PI trick" actually was in the show

The old PI trick was crashing his own personal car into the car of the person he was investigating in order to get some sort of info from them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

The old PI trick was crashing his own personal car into the car of the person he was investigating in order to get some sort of info from them.

Also buying a rowboat

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cojawfee posted:

Exchanging insurance to get ???

A phone number? An address? I don't even remember.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

PostNouveau posted:

Also buying a rowboat

Haha I just remembered us calling him Rowboatcop. If nothing else, the reminiscing in this thread is worth the watch.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

lundy was killed by trinity's secret daughter who was sleeping with quinn and then shot herself.

New thread title pretty please

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Wasn't Liddy also able to photograph, from shore, Dexter dumping bodies? Meaning that Dexter was dumping big plastic bags of body parts in full view of people at the beach?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
My memory on that is real fuzzy but I want to say it was something like he went out on a boat and followed them, taking photographs at a distance.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Nah he was def on shore. If memory serves. I forget the full context though

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

R. Guyovich posted:

this is hilarious because you're completely right. you've reminded me vaguely that lundy came back but i have no recollection of any of these developments and it's making me want to watch this bullshit again.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Still love how the Trinity Killer was someone that Lundy's colleagues thought was a real stretch to even prove the theory was right and Dexter found him in like five minutes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
As I recall, Lundy bumped into him randomly on the street and took a voice memo: "just saw a dude who is probably the Trinity Killer, investigate further," and got murdered. Then Dexter stole that specific tape which somehow wasn't entered into Lundy's murder file, and tracked him down

I forget how they justified it, but both Dexter and Lundy were such pros at catching serial killers that they made Trinity the moment they saw John Lithgow's face.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Desperately trying and failing to find the Liddy-montage on Youtube.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

As I recall, Lundy bumped into him randomly on the street and took a voice memo: "just saw a dude who is probably the Trinity Killer, investigate further," and got murdered. Then Dexter stole that specific tape which somehow wasn't entered into Lundy's murder file, and tracked him down

I forget how they justified it, but both Dexter and Lundy were such pros at catching serial killers that they made Trinity the moment they saw John Lithgow's face.

I don’t remember all the specifics, but it wasn’t a random encounter. Lundy was scoping out a location where he expected Trinity’s next kill to take place based on his pattern. Trinity, I believe, also knew that this big FBI serial killer hunter was in town, and intentionally bumped into him to somehow (I forget the specifics) confirm his suspicion that he was being investigated.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's his real name? What's Liddle a nickname for? Liddlemen? Liddleason? Liddleroni? IDK is this a traditional Floridian name or just how they spell little over there to save on alphabet complexity?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Stan Liddy wasn't it? C'mon, IMDB people

I'm trying to piece it together, I cant remember how Dexter pinned Trinity at first, just following him to his house ("normal" life shock) and then the church and subsequently, the charity build.

And of course,

codo27 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 8, 2021

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Next, on Dexter: A dance off between shuffle Trinity and tummy rubbing Kurt

Who will win Harrison's affections?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

codo27 posted:

I'm trying to piece it together, I cant remember how Dexter pinned Trinity at first, just following him to his house ("normal" life shock) and then the church and subsequently, the charity build.

It also ties into this:

Diabolik900 posted:

I don’t remember all the specifics, but it wasn’t a random encounter. Lundy was scoping out a location where he expected Trinity’s next kill to take place based on his pattern. Trinity, I believe, also knew that this big FBI serial killer hunter was in town, and intentionally bumped into him to somehow (I forget the specifics) confirm his suspicion that he was being investigated.

Dexter knew from looking at Lundy’s files that Lundy had figured out where the next kill would be, so he went there and saw it happen, then followed him home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

codo27 posted:

New thread title pretty please

lmao if it fits i'll change it later

new season good ??? wtf is this nonsense

they still have time to gently caress it up tho