Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wait was it cancelled? I thought they were just on break for the other half of season 2.

Yeah. And for no great reason, apparently, as it was doing well. They had to fight to get a truncated season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. And for no great reason, apparently, as it was doing well.
Come on, we all know the reason.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given how suits are, the homophobia might actually have been a side effect, though no less a bonus for them, I'm sure, to their eldrich cries of "Where's my Gunsmoke?"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I just want more Infinity Train :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

girl dick energy posted:

Come on, we all know the reason.

I did say it wasn't a great reason.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I miss Mao Mao.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

A.o.D. posted:

I miss Mao Mao.

Oh, yeah, wow.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I just want more Infinity Train :smith:
That was fun and educational. Who was posting that? Might check to see if there is anymore from where they left off

Edit; this aint cccc

edit edit: thinking infinity farm anyways

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 27, 2021

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I gotta say, I'm honestly actually really enjoying the Dumbing of Age arcs recently.

Well, maybe not the Sal arc, but definitely the Joyce arc (esp. the last conversation with Joyce finally pointing out that it sounds like she's just mad at herself and what she needs is some support that its okay to feel emotions like that) and to a lesser extent the Joe arc.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Willis is at his best when he writes about things he knows.

If he had an editor or could bring himself to slash 80% of the cruft that fills his comics for a daily publishing schedule, and focused on Joyce it would be one of the better comics out there.

As it is I just check in every month or so and search by characters so I don't have to suffer much of the gag a day goofery, and minimize the intolerable zany characters.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Looks like Magnolia and Tom are expecting a baby!

https://twitter.com/MagnoliaPearl/status/1466028789046067201

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Weird to see Tom as a normal guy and not a zimmy-esque monster

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

rannum posted:

Weird to see Tom as a normal guy and not a zimmy-esque monster
wait until you see the baby's design

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Galvanik posted:

Willis is at his best when he writes about things he knows.

If he had an editor or could bring himself to slash 80% of the cruft that fills his comics for a daily publishing schedule, and focused on Joyce it would be one of the better comics out there.

As it is I just check in every month or so and search by characters so I don't have to suffer much of the gag a day goofery, and minimize the intolerable zany characters.

Still can't make up for villainizing the woman who recognized a classic abuse behavior, even if wrongly.

Prolly not the only one thinking that aged even worse after... well... lowtax.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

StratGoatCom posted:

Still can't make up for villainizing the woman who recognized a classic abuse behavior, even if wrongly.

What's this now?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

GlyphGryph posted:

What's this now?

Back during that ruth and what's that asian cheerleader lady started dating, this was in the before times, I think.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

We still have no idea what you mean.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

StratGoatCom posted:

Back during that ruth and what's that asian cheerleader lady started dating, this was in the before times, I think.

Neither of those two characters ended up villainized at any point I can remember (in a comic where plenty of people have been) so I'm still not following.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

Neither of those two characters ended up villainized at any point I can remember (in a comic where plenty of people have been) so I'm still not following.

No no they're referring to how a character (Carla I think? memory's fuzzy) actually called someone for help when those two were in the middle some weird codependent-depressed-alcoholic-borderline-suicidal spiral and then later those two were like "Gee thanks jerk you ruined our ship toxic relationship" when getting help.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 7, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think ruth and billie's relationship was ever treated as not extremely toxic in the comic; they're not together anymore and carla was shown to be in the right (ruth ended up getting the help she needed including medication)

there's a comic in 2016 where billie blows up at carla for finally revealing the details of the relationship but that's more 'being upset at the consequences of their actions' and not entirely grasping that ruth's life getting potentially upheaved was better than ruth not actually being alive and i THINK that's the bit that's being misinterpreted

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Willis is insufferable and his comics are bland

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Trap sprung but I think the scene is one where a more ancillary character named Rachel calls Ruth out. I don't have an interpretation of the scene or any resulting character interactions because I don't remember what comes after.

https://www.dumbingofage.com/2017/comic/book-7/03-the-thing-i-was-before/cword/

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

:agreed:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Harsh but fair.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

with a creepy thing for dumpsterfire/abusive WLW relationships.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
you're ascribing so many insidious sexual undertones to a comic that's like the emotional and visual equivalent of wheat paste

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i guess if i had any idea what you were talking about i'd be able to at least be able to comprehend that the comic that (as far as i knew) features a woman who dresses up like a superhero to beat up her fundamentalist christian dad demonstrates sexual impropriety but as is im like "what are you even talking about. isnt this the comic with the woman who turns into a car"

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

fun hater posted:

you're ascribing so many insidious sexual undertones to a comic that's like the emotional and visual equivalent of wheat paste

I don't mean sexual, I mean.... weird.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

fun hater posted:

i guess if i had any idea what you were talking about i'd be able to at least be able to comprehend that the comic that (as far as i knew) features a woman who dresses up like a superhero to beat up her fundamentalist christian dad demonstrates sexual impropriety but as is im like "what are you even talking about. isnt this the comic with the woman who turns into a car"

You've conflated a lot of things here but it's basically visual wheat paste as you said so who cares.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

StratGoatCom posted:

I don't mean sexual, I mean.... weird.

i understand even less now, thanks

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

When I say "making a webcomic is a poor substitute for therapy," I'm thinking of David Willis

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you'd think with this many people enjoying projecting poo poo onto the author there'd be a several hundred page BSS thread on the comic already

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

you'd think with this many people enjoying projecting poo poo onto the author there'd be a several hundred page BSS thread on the comic already

and let me tell you something about jeph jacques

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This hasn't stopped being the General Webcomics Thread For Liking Webcomics In. The General Webcomics Thread For Projecting Your Issues onto Artists is <forearm vanishes> over there.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
God forbid this thread have a mild and strange argument. That might lead to 20+ posts here in a consecutive 24 hour period.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

We aren't having an argument; we're having one person wander in with a weird opinion about something he a) doesn't remember the details of and b) is wrong about anyway, and then act like everybody should know what he's talking about. That could go on forever, but let's not.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Rand Brittain posted:

We aren't having an argument; we're having one person wander in with a weird opinion about something he a) doesn't remember the details of and b) is wrong about anyway, and then act like everybody should know what he's talking about. That could go on forever, but let's not.

Okay let me amend my statement: god forbid a back and forth discussion should occur in the webcomic thread.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i agree that when people try to talk about anything with any degree of passion there's an immediate and disproportionate attempt to clamp down on it. esp considering the thread is a ghost town.

Rand Brittain posted:

This hasn't stopped being the General Webcomics Thread For Liking Webcomics In. The General Webcomics Thread For Projecting Your Issues onto Artists is <forearm vanishes> over there.

i gotta be honest man, they like webcomics a lot more than this thread lol

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

fun hater posted:

i gotta be honest man, they like webcomics a lot more than this thread lol

Yeah I think this is actually true

Well uh how about that Girl Genius, I've been enjoying the most recent castle now that we're stranded there. I bet the vaguely named 'fire' is going to be the same as the Dyne back in Mechanicsburg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Joe Slowboat posted:

Yeah I think this is actually true

Well uh how about that Girl Genius, I've been enjoying the most recent castle now that we're stranded there. I bet the vaguely named 'fire' is going to be the same as the Dyne back in Mechanicsburg.

Seems like a safe bet, since the little castle clank just plummeting into a cavern full of weirdly energetic water that it found strangely familiar.