Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
the Dems are absolutely loving doomed and I’m not sure it’s a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jabronie posted:

average out to everyone. the society benefit is saving $16.36 per year or $1.36 per month

that's gonna take 1029 months to hit a drumpf check, and you might not even see all that if you got born right now in the US with how fast the life expectancy is dropping

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

$600 per person is also about 10% of the average annual cost of insurance premiums, not to mention all your other expenses from copays and deductibles that arise from the truly awful health insurance situation democrats continue to defend because they are worthless + going to get destroyed in 2022

$600 per person for 2.7% of the population will surely make a dent in these graphs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Curious how dems always scream about how we must vote, yet studiously ensure they're never in a situation where they can vote. What do they know about voting that we don't? Has a study on potential side effects ever been conducted?

their secret research must tell them that the most they can do is urge you to vote in a general sense - telling people which way to vote or to specifically vote for dems must have some catastrophic consequence only they know about

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LastInLine posted:

Serious question, I'm in a deep red state and while this sort of Romney 2012 republican was common up to 2018 or so, they pretty much went extinct in the run up to the election and I've heard nothing from them since. Has anyone spotted one in the Biden era?

Yes, Joe Biden.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Salean posted:

me, blubbering, snot and tears streaming down my face

"oh so you wanted trump to win ??"

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Salean posted:

me, blubbering, snot and tears streaming down my face

"oh so you wanted trump to win ??"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGfjuE7F-yI&t=10s

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Yes, Joe Biden.

Silent Majority indeed

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

really am enjoying the libs and dems already gearing up to lose roe with "after lose everything the republicans will be so tired of winning...we'll have em right where we want 'em, heh heh :smug:"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
hey, anyone know the dems chances in 2022?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Laterite posted:

hey, anyone know the dems chances in 2022?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

really am enjoying the libs and dems already gearing up to lose roe with "after lose everything the republicans will be so tired of winning...we'll have em right where we want 'em, heh heh :smug:"

Can't wait for them to fundraise off a political failure they created on Roe vs Wade similar to Trump winning the general election.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

etalian posted:

Can't wait for them to fundraise off a political failure they created on Roe vs Wade similar to Trump winning the general election.

Can you trade in futures for this kind of thing? Like you know they're going to do it, pretty easy to project what they may make, arbitrage future income against current? I mean I know it's not sportsball but still.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

petit choux posted:

Can you trade in futures for this kind of thing? Like you know they're going to do it, pretty easy to project what they may make, arbitrage future income against current? I mean I know it's not sportsball but still.

Start your own Roe v Wade detonation scheme before they get to it

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

You're looking for PredictIt.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Facehammer posted:

You're looking for PredictIt.

Yeah, I bet it's a bit of a pastime among all the Washington Wannabees.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

petit choux posted:

I don’t think predictit does options but you can definitely make bets about it, either directly or via a proxy bet.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LOL I really hadn't given a thought to predictit for ages. Maybe I should be taking this dark gift of knowing we're all going to hell and turn it into profits.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

As someone who's lived their entire life in states where abortion is de facto defunct: lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1060213035074183169?s=20

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

*very milhouse voice* and all that water and salt will over time wear down the quality of the leather of their jackboots

oh yeah

it's almost too easy

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ardennes posted:

That is 2.7% of the population.

I don't know how to explain to you that you need to care about other people

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

As someone who's lived their entire life in states where abortion is de facto defunct: lol

dems are okay with mass suffering in the hinterlands, err I mean “fly-over states”. I dare say that they enjoy it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's especially funny when people ask how voters don't seem to care about abortion/didn't they know electing Trump would get rid of abortion?

If you live in a deep red state, abortion has never been a real issue that factors into anyone's calculus. Me being pro abortion has about as much real impact on politics as me being a communist. Even the Democrats here are anti-abortion.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

gay_crimes posted:

dems are okay with mass suffering in the hinterlands, err I mean “fly-over states”. I dare say that they enjoy it

literally every time i talk to my lib friends they can't believe i don't live in one of the, like, 10 acceptable coastal cities

when i point out even if i wanted to live in them i can't afford it, i get "but i love it here."

okay great find me an apartment in my price range

talking to californians in particular is like talking to a chili peppers song ~hey oh day oh me oh my oh you should move to cal-i-for-nia~

but they sure know what us hicks that live in the sticks need to do to get our lives together

(nevermind that overall i like living in the southeast, weather is nice, good food, cost of living isn't $1500 for a studio or 1BR)

they do get real mad when you point out that if they want to claim they care about black people they can't write off an entire swath of the country that's full of black people

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

touting a fraction of student loans that have and will be forgiven

touting a tiny fluctuation in gas prices

touting tiny healthcare savings for only a few people

screaming about codifying abortion rights they've had generations to do

I think the democrat party is in trouble

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Late November 2021 would certainly be an interesting time to push for a “deficit reduction commission.”

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1468640523250450434

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
well I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson :thunk:

https://twitter.com/MasterClass/status/1468627990972035074

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

shyduck posted:

touting a fraction of student loans that have and will be forgiven

touting a tiny fluctuation in gas prices

touting tiny healthcare savings for only a few people

screaming about codifying abortion rights they've had generations to do

I think the democrat party is in trouble

Remember when people were confident that Republicans would become a permanent minority party because of demographic destiny? lmao

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Absolutely psychotic

E: on the other hand, that's gonna be a banger of a Chapo episode

smug jeebus has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Dec 8, 2021

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Remember when people were confident that Republicans would become a permanent minority party because of demographic destiny? lmao

that might have been possible if the democrats were a real party that delivered on things and not a corruption machine

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i'm being too harsh on corruption. even corrupt party machines used to actually deliver something to keep themselves in power and do incidental good

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

oh word? the guy who literally said he would take people's guns away isn't polling well in Gun: The State?

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hmm, I wonder how that's going...

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/status/1468600028742705157

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
trump got more votes than any previous presidential winner in history, even more than obama in his first win, and nobody in democratland really thinks that's a big deal lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

smug jeebus posted:

Absolutely psychotic

E: on the other hand, that's gonna be a banger of a Chapo episode

Crooked Hillary had such resilience she didn't do a concession speech when she got defeated by Trump!

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

watching libs be like "lol no we don't have to do anything hispanics want republicans are a bunch of racists and all hispanics will know that checkmate" :smug: then soyface when trumo keeps pulling numbers with hispanics and asians and other poc because it turns out that's a very complicated issue and they don't just go for team blue

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

trump got more votes than any previous presidential winner in history, even more than obama in his first win, and nobody in democratland really thinks that's a big deal lmao

He did engage non-engaged voters, but isn't that just because of population growth. Biden got more votes than Trump in 2020, and Trump got more votes than he did in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

watching libs be like "lol no we don't have to do anything hispanics want republicans are a bunch of racists and all hispanics will know that checkmate" :smug: then soyface when trumo keeps pulling numbers with hispanics and asians and other poc because it turns out that's a very complicated issue and they don't just go for team blue

Watching libs run into anything that complicates or thwarts the idea that social phenomena reduce to a taxonomy of identities is so good lol