Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

e: alright that Whole New World thing is going to bug the piss out of me until I know the answer. Do you mean Seething Ardor, from the epilogue? That one bit at 1:20 sounds kind of like the "Tell me Princess, now when did you last let your heart decide" line.

Yes, it was in fact Seething Ardor, and the middle bridge of the song DOES indeed sound like A Whole New World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So you questioned what kind of booster seat Towa had to be sitting on in that car...

Well, at ~4:58 it DOES look like her seat is in fact higher up than Mitsuki's. At least to me.

So yeah, a booster seat built right into the car apparently.

But that then just raises the question of how she reaches the pedals.....

Custom longer pedals?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

She probably has a pair of tengu geta she puts on to reach the pedals, then.

Also, is it me or is Rion's "running" speed very slow for someone who's literally flying? It looked like Asuka was quite a bit faster.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Towa's had a Soul Device this whole time and it's a pair of big ol' stompy greaves

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Glessing way does sound a lot like the X vs Zero theme from x5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dD0uOmcJmQ&t=88s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_NRP3fLh1g&t=48s

Timestamped to the similar sounding parts.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Huh. If I didn’t pick up that incredibly similar riff towards the end of the song, I don’t think I’d have said the two sounded similar at all. :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Glessing way just has a Megaman X feel. Its all in those synths.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 65: Relationship Goals :siren:

We're off to Chapter 7, and now that we have a full party, we can finally put the game's focus on the characters that really matter.

That's right, it's time for a chapter about... *checks notes* Shiori.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

anime high schools get only three days of vacation per year: one for the beach episode, one for the shrine festival episode, and one for the hot springs episode

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
If you talk to the 3rd year who runs the Kendo club on this chapter's free day (he'll be standing next to Ryouta), he says Ryouta is actually pretty skilled at Kendo.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
What kinda wack-rear end anime fabric are those school swimsuits made of; they’re so thin it’s skintight to the inside of girls’ belly buttons, but also thick enough no inconvenient naughty bits are visible? :japan:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

do

do you want to see their naughty bits

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Hwurmp posted:

do

do you want to see their naughty bits
My post sure came across that way a bit, didn’t it :smith:

In my defense, I’m sure at least one of the devs considered Mr. Gorou’s abs “the naughty bits”

I’m only making this worse

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I can’t believe there is still one more (to my knowledge at least) “the cast is mostly naked for some reason” episode coming up after this…

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I applaud the game's commitment to making sure that when Ryouta is onscreen, he never goes more than five minutes without getting punched in the dick in some fashion.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Just you wait, when all hope is lost right at the end of the game, Ryouta will get his big hero moment and save the whole gang. You're gonna love his soul device, it's the coolest one yet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Whenever Ryouta is on screen, the other characters should be asking, "Why is Ryouta?"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Artix posted:

Just you wait, when all hope is lost right at the end of the game, Ryouta will get his big hero moment and save the whole gang. You're gonna love his soul device, it's the coolest one yet.

Please don't even joke about such things. My mind refuses to entertain the possibility to the point i need to pour bleach in through my ears now

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slaan posted:

Please don't even joke about such things. My mind refuses to entertain the possibility to the point i need to pour bleach in through my ears now

I have it on good authority that Ryouta will always be a complete loving assclown.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 66: Extradimensional Firefighters :siren:

We could leave this sort of thing to an actual professional, but obviously these 17 year old kids are better equipped to put the blazing fire in the yakuza building.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tokyo Xanadu is too PG for manwhores

how would you feel about a Goodtime Charlie instead

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

At least this is confirmation that they actually physically enter the Eclipse, rather than it being all astral projection dreamspace bullshit, which is more than say Persona 5 ever explicitly gives you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

At least this is confirmation that they actually physically enter the Eclipse, rather than it being all astral projection dreamspace bullshit, which is more than say Persona 5 ever explicitly gives you.

We knew that as far back as chapter 3 though. Hell, when the crew gets pushed into the Elcipse by Aki in Houraichou, they come out of it in the middle of Morimiya Park after they beat the boss, and they're on opposite ends of the city. If it was just dream space or a hallucination I don't think that kind of travel would be possible.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Didn't Shio also say he just followed the group to the point at which they disappeared the first time he enters an eclipse?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I have a feeling that the first part of the chapter will be dealing with elementals.

Also no one's going to say anything about Mikuriya being held in an extra-judicial facility by Zodiac?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Maigius posted:

Also no one's going to say anything about Mikuriya being held in an extra-judicial facility by Zodiac?

You mean other than "...Good?" :confused:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
"Building's on fire? Must be an Eclipse!"
Well, the guy just said that the fire (A)started without an apparent cause, (B)is in a place where there's nothing to fuel it, and (C)it isn't reacting to fire extinguishers. So yes, at that point, given that they were in the district at all because the Eclipse predictor said an Eclipse would be there, and given the group's experience with the supernatural, checking for Eclipses is a reasonable next step in deciding what to do.

If the complaint is that the teenagers, who are only really equipped to deal with Eclipse stuff, keep running into Eclipse stuff, I don't really understand the complaint. Of course they don't show them trying to handle non-Eclipse stuff, because for those cases, they're as useless as any ordinary high school students.

- I'm not sure how well firefighters would be able to handle a fire which defies the laws of physics.
- Did... did you really WANT to see three different sites of frozen water pipes? Because it doesn't sound all that exciting. I would have thought the fewer boring things the game wastes your time showing, the better.

Maigius posted:

I have a feeling that the first part of the chapter will be dealing with elementals.

I'm not sure he could be charged with anything which could be explained or proved in a normal court of law. I don't think he's in a cell or torture chamber.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

- Did... did you really WANT to see three different sites of frozen water pipes? Because it doesn't sound all that exciting. I would have thought the fewer boring things the game wastes your time showing, the better.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't go for three ice physics block pushing puzzle eclipses. Each with a slightly different ice themed elder greed.
One shoots ice stalagmites up at you from the floor, one uses flying chunks of ice and the third rains stalactites on you.
Then they combine and do all at the same time.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 67: The Interview :siren:

We kick off free time with a few quests around school, most notably a request from the school newspaper for an interview. It turns out that she knows a bit too much about what's going on though...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I'm fairly sure that in Cold Steel's swimming, different opponents are indeed easier or harder, so I expect that to be the same here... but that usually only really ends up being the difference between winning by a touch or winning by a length - just as long as you don't flub a press near the end and lose speed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/815377494206054432/922060318182604820/the_point.mp3

The editor has committed suicide, the game is writing itself now, please send help immediately.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 68: Tony Hawk's Midlife Crisis :siren:

Today, we have been tasked with the solemn duty of attempting to save a lost soul from the skate park. Alas, there is no hope for this man, because he is willingly playing the skating minigame in Tokyo Xanadu.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

"It's all like mud and dirt now."
So you mean he's standing in a puddle... of mud?
:mmmhmm:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
:siren: Part 69: The Evolution of Kawaii-ness in Japanese Anime Character Design :siren:

Merry Christmas goons! I got you all a present in the form of the worst thesis paper ever written.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am studying for my Ph.D in Anime and you will address me with respect

e: with a minor in Fukkleducks

e2: thank you for ending Video #69 with "Nice"

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 24, 2021

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If Airi is a university student why did Kou know her at all before this? I thought there was a Polish exchange student who went to the high school, am I misremembering?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

White Coke posted:

If Airi is a university student why did Kou know her at all before this? I thought there was a Polish exchange student who went to the high school, am I misremembering?

Nope. The only times we've run into her is out around Morimiya like at Brick Alley or the mall.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There is a different blonde-haired girl at school who is the daughter of one of the people who runs a shop in the mall. Absolutely could not tell you her name off the top of my head but she's the one that uses kinda broken English as a localization for her lovely japanese in the original text.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Artix posted:

There is a different blonde-haired girl at school who is the daughter of one of the people who runs a shop in the mall. Absolutely could not tell you her name off the top of my head but she's the one that uses kinda broken English as a localization for her lovely japanese in the original text.

Karen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
- I think that she must have fallen in recently, given how fresh everyone's memories were. At no point did Kou ask them if they'd seen her two weeks ago, and no one said that they last saw her two weeks ago. Perhaps something was missing from the localization or mistranslated which would have indicated that she was missing very recently.
- Time inside an Eclipse can indeed get wonky.
- I like the use of Fukkleducks as a way to invoke the suggestion of "gently caress" without getting the game into trouble with the ratings board.
- I dunno about Kou using testing the boats as an excuse to have a romantic ride with Mitsuki. Kou doesn't really have much guile, and he's generally been blunt at shutting down any attempts to pair him with other people.