Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Oh, poo poo, that's out already? But even if it is, does it matter? Would it work on Omicron? Ceterum autem censeo Chise esse delendam.

ok NOT QUALIFIED but i dont think its affected the way vaccines and mabs are. it inhibits the production of certain proteins covid, whether omicron or delta, uses to replicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NeonPunk posted:

They got those Pfizer antiviral pills now tho.

Although if Omicron does usually show as negative in the first few days of infection, it's possible that they'll finally pop hot and it'll be too late for the pills to be truly effective

nope - Pfizer said today there's delay in FDA approval and manufacturing

they won't have substantial doses until the end of March

we're going into the next wave flying blind

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

smoobles posted:

This exact thing fucks me up every single day and keeps me awake every single night. Our society does not care about covid maiming kids and making them stupid. Our government, media and both political parties are gaslighting us to keep rich people happy.
yeah and it's been normalized and you're ostracized for pointing it out lmao

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

local news says Mayor Jones and the city will probably fight this dumb poo poo but because I live and work in a dystopic racist helldump, I work for the county technically and even though the population is full of minorities the mother loving council is run by white racist shitheel motherfuckers

god loving dammit a kid today came out to me as trans because I do a decent job being kind don’t loving run me off you dumb loving shits

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Prohibit my pos butt proteins

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:lmao:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

if ur scared of covid i suggest exposure therapy

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

cave syndrome? buddy i invented the cave life.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Thoguh posted:

The most obvious possible outcome has happened once again

thank you for your service

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Captain Magic posted:

local news says Mayor Jones and the city will probably fight this dumb poo poo but because I live and work in a dystopic racist helldump, I work for the county technically and even though the population is full of minorities the mother loving council is run by white racist shitheel motherfuckers

god loving dammit a kid today came out to me as trans because I do a decent job being kind don’t loving run me off you dumb loving shits

White racists dying by the thousands has been pretty cool and good, should've been tens of thousands though

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

i realize the irony of only getting a booster now but I got boosted up today. and my mom is signed up for one next week as well. at least that's better than like the 80% of the country that's not boosted I guess

Fetlife Kuli
Dec 8, 2021

The world moves on a marten's lips
yiff in hell, fomites

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
On the one hand, COVID is absolutely killing and maiming lots of fascists. This is good, because the death of a fascist is always a cause for joy.
On the other hand, COVID is also absolutely murdering and maiming lots of human beings. This is bad, because the death of human beings is generally something to be avoided and mourned.

In conclusion, COVID is a land of contrasts. Thank you for coming to my TED talk. Ceterum autem censeo Chise esse delendam.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't have good luck with therapists. I've had SEVERAL straight up tell me my case would take too much effort and they didn't feel it was worth it to them and maybe I should try long term inpatient instead

One tried to get me to sign up for this hippy living community in Florida for only 70k a 10 day session. She acted like it was a bargain and she had a Himalayan salt lamp

Had another bail on me after I mentioned I had a plan and welp that landed me with a catheter in my neck and on a vent for a few days. Real great when a "professional" says you're too f'ed up so lol bye! *ghosted*

I had one psych say "I don't have it that bad as kids in darfur and I should pick myself up by my bootstraps" (paraphrased, it was a decade ago)

He retired 6 months later

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

crashfm here reminding you that you can earn boost via risk & reward! that's right drive in oncoming traffic, ram other drivers, drift around curves, and your boost meter will slowly fill

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

McNugget Buddy posted:

We're going to be 75% of the way through this next wave before any therapeutics get approved

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

On the one hand, COVID is absolutely killing and maiming lots of fascists. This is good, because the death of a fascist is always a cause for joy.
On the other hand, COVID is also absolutely murdering and maiming lots of human beings. This is bad, because the death of human beings is generally something to be avoided and mourned.

In conclusion, COVID is a land of contrasts. Thank you for coming to my TED talk. Ceterum autem censeo Chise esse delendam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO0TUI9r-So

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think my most doomer mindset is not that covid is unstoppable and nobody cares, but that irredeemable right wing garbage subhumans are not dying enough.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

just in time for MI’s april wave

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

There's an endless stream of these motherfuckers so don't get hung up on it. The one before probably died and the next one will suck even more.

Fetlife Kuli
Dec 8, 2021

The world moves on a marten's lips

mod sassinator posted:

The Rt of omicron right now is 3.5 even in highly vaccinated England. The R0 is substantially higher, even with immune escape. Basic mitigations reduce that R0 to 3.5--the same mitigations that could barely keep monster Delta to a minimal Rt around 1.

You did not see body bags in freezer trucks outside. That's impossible with our mitigation strategies. Mild cases only

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

I think my most doomer mindset is not that covid is unstoppable and nobody cares, but that irredeemable right wing garbage subhumans are not dying enough.

you're not wrong, covid disproportionately kills poor people and minorities, which means it's probably killing more Democrats than Republicans

just a sad lol to consider on a Monday.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao at whoever posted about load bearing T cell responses because I'm seeing alot of that on the socials now.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

zegermans posted:

it hasn't killed a single head of state yet though

it killed the godfather of pizza though

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gio posted:

if i dont get covid by the end of the year, im gonna suggest to 3Mthat i be their spokesperson

Fight me

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Is chise pronounced cheese?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
3M has done more to protect me and my loved ones than the United States government. Ceterum autem censeo Chise esse delendam.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

3M should just sponsor and promote this thread already

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

3M has done more to protect me and my loved ones than the police and US military combined

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Asproigerosis posted:

There can be no such thing as too many dead fascists. If there is a single fascist living and sharing air with actual human beings, then there are too many fascists. Ceterum autem censeo Chise esse delendam.
Celebrating the deaths of fascists doesn't make you a doomer, it makes you human.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

sorry, revised—president xi should just sponsor and promote this thread already

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Is chise pronounced cheese?

its pronounced father of lies

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ch-ice

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

McNugget Buddy posted:

all according to plan, the few doses are already in the billionaires fully stocked home pharmacy.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

chairface posted:

crashfm here reminding you that you can earn boost via risk & reward! that's right drive in oncoming traffic, ram other drivers, drift around curves, and your boost meter will slowly fill

It was better than any Forza Horizon game.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
ABOLISH CHISE
ABOLISH CHISE
ABOLISH CHISE

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
I liked COVID more when it was spread by people in fir suits.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gio posted:

sorry, revised—president xi should just sponsor and promote this thread already

Mods are too racist to open a Chinese-language version of this thread :hai:

Adbot