Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
You know what's making me even angrier? The sum total of all of this will be Starmer botching an attempt at a joke, of course written by someone else to whom the rules don't apply, several journalists jizzing themselves inside out about it, and an extra point on the Tories lead, because nobody's allowed to have feelings, nobody can actually care about things, because that's not Grown Up Politics. They're all deader inside than the most completely online irony-poisoned basement dwellers, and all that matters is making sure nothing breaks that perfect frictionless world they've built themselves.

e: Because I'm *not* dead inside, have a cheerful snipe - my sister's and niece's dogs the last time I think I was actually properly happy, Christmas 2019, carefully cropped to preserve my nephew's anonymity and dignity:

ee: Corrected typo that suggested my sister was one of the dogs

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What really boils my piss is that this would have been so much more damaging last January when the outrage was fresh but the usual suspects just decided not to tell anyone about it for a year.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
He's already done a bit to camera about Boris Johnson social distancing himself from the truth, expect to hear it ad nauseum tomorrow

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah that's the point though, him and all his dead-eyed chums just loving yucking it up knowing that nothing will happen about the fact him and all his oval office mates got together while people were dying literally in their thousands, alone, their families at best allowed to watch them gasp their last over a video call, alone apart from a nurse on a 12 hour shift who might have found time to touch them on the hand or something just in case they could feel it, before going on to the next poor fucker.

You know that line about your hate being pure? I'm feeling it again now, in a way I haven't in a while. It's a joke to them, they know that nothing bad will ever, ever happen to them, that there are no consequences for them, that the rules only apply to the little people who were stupid enough not to have rich parents who could send them to the right schools. That braying you hear there? That's them laughing at *you*, and everyone you know and love, and everyone who has to follow the rules. I'm gonna stop now before I say something that brings the attention of the mods - or the police - because of course the rules apply to me. I can't even joke about what this makes me feel like doing, but they can airily dismiss the deaths of tens of thousands of people.

Yes 100% agree. Just from her tone (?) in the tweet I initially thought it was from last xmas, so was just clarifying for myself really more than anything.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It might mean a Tory loss in North Shropshire or even Johnsom getting the old heave ho but gently caress all will happen of any real significance. In the end, the establishment will continue to be in charge.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You know what's making me even angrier? The sum total of all of this will be Starmer botching an attempt at a joke, of course written by someone else to whom the rules don't apply, several journalists jizzing themselves inside out about it, and an extra point on the Tories lead, because nobody's allowed to have feelings, nobody can actually care about things, because that's not Grown Up Politics. They're all deader inside than the most completely online irony-poisoned basement dwellers, and all that matters is making sure nothing breaks that perfect frictionless world they've built themselves.

e: Because I'm *not* dead inside, have a cheerful snipe - my sister and niece's dogs the last time I think I was actually properly happy, Christmas 2019, carefully cropped to preserve my nephew's anonymity and dignity:

That's a cute little dude :) 3 of them, actually

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah that's the point though, him and all his dead-eyed chums just loving yucking it up knowing that nothing will happen about the fact him and all his oval office mates got together while people were dying literally in their thousands, alone, their families at best allowed to watch them gasp their last over a video call, alone apart from a nurse on a 12 hour shift who might have found time to touch them on the hand or something just in case they could feel it, before going on to the next poor fucker.

You know that line about your hate being pure? I'm feeling it again now, in a way I haven't in a while. It's a joke to them, they know that nothing bad will ever, ever happen to them, that there are no consequences for them, that the rules only apply to the little people who were stupid enough not to have rich parents who could send them to the right schools. That braying you hear there? That's them laughing at *you*, and everyone you know and love, and everyone who has to follow the rules. I'm gonna stop now before I say something that brings the attention of the mods - or the police - because of course the rules apply to me. I can't even joke about what this makes me feel like doing, but they can airily dismiss the deaths of tens of thousands of people.

Couldn't agree more. I want blood

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Let's make this Christmas number one.

Failing that maybe we could try to get it to the top of the charts or something.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Haven't heard that since before the election. Long bloody time ago it feels like, grumble grumble

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

jaete posted:

Yeah I went to my nearest walk-in place today as well. Nice lady at door explained that at the moment they're doing 6-months-later only, can't do shorter time. She did say something like "we have no doctor on duty therefore can't do it", not sure if I understood that correctly though. But, need to wait for an unknown amount of time before they're authorised to do 3-months-laters.

That's a shame. Even before the 6-month limit was officially dropped, at the centre where I was, the pharmacist was overruling it because some people had managed to book appointments at 5 and a half months. There weren't many walk-ins but it was the same for them, as long as the pharmacist had glanced at the screen and okayed it, they got boosted.

There are lots of logistical issues about suddenly making millions of people eligible without increasing site capacity, but luckily I've had very pragmatic people in charge who realise that if you turn people away, some of them will not come back. As in, they give up, not that they die of Covid. The pharmacist's attitude was that if you've got a syringe full of vaccine and a willing arm in front of you, then you have to have a better reason for refusal than "you're 72 hours early".

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/trishgreenhalgh/status/1468299604865208325

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1468344375839182849

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Hate

Let me tell you about Hate

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

Hate

Let me tell you about Hate

i have no passport, and i must vote

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol, dick and dom for prez i say

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

lol, dick and dom for prez i say

this made me lmao at a point where I was feeling extremely fraught, so ta for that

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

stev posted:

What really boils my piss is that this would have been so much more damaging last January when the outrage was fresh but the usual suspects just decided not to tell anyone about it for a year.

The Hancock video was leaked by a security guard disgruntled about the continuing restrictions precautions for COVID. Whoever has leaked this year old video has an agenda and it could conceivably be an attempt to force the government into some desperate gesture to maintain goodwill like abandoning precautions for COVID.
You could see the Daily Express seeing this as "one rule for them, another for us" and deciding the solution is "abandon all rules"

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

ITV News going hard:

https://twitter.com/aaronbastani/status/1468366409067544580

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:eyepop:

edit: https://twitter.com/leealleninnit/status/1468386633225580551

:lol:

Convex fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 8, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Agitate4Change/status/1468352705932541954

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Remember how Corbyn was roasted in the press for being present at a wake for someone with 6 people (max allowed at the time) and then when a 7th turned up, he didn't leave immediately and was fined £200 (and paid up without a murmur)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

stev posted:

A year ago the Tories weren't quite as obviously ready to go full fash. Much though we like to say otherwise, the media in this country don't want actual fascism. A genuinely fascist government controls the media and tells it what it can and can't say, and the media barons do not want that at all. Their business is to maintain the status quo where the rich elites are above it all and can do as they wish, and that includes themselves. That it takes so long and things have to go so far for the media to act against the Conservatives is because they're all right wing themselves and so much of what they want to say is what a Tory government wants them to say. Tory racism, for example, is fine by them because they can use racial hatred to keep the proles turned on each other instead of stopping to look up.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

To be fair, that was before they were caught openly laughing about it in 4K. When it was some vague plausible deniability thing it was far less of a story.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The most depressing thing about all of this is that the best outcome we can hope for is a slightly increased chance of a Keith Labour government in 3 years

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tarnop posted:

The most depressing thing about all of this is that the best outcome we can hope for is a slightly increased chance of a Keith Labour government in 3 years

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
That’s not really true

Going on pure hope there’s a whole lot of things that could happen. Bojo or keith could keel over dead at any point. Some scandal in either party may stick and cause chaos. It’s true that systemically everything is really hosed, but inherent randomness is still a thing so just hope one thing or another gets Keith to gently caress off.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

That’s not really true

Going on pure hope there’s a whole lot of things that could happen. Bojo or keith could keel over dead at any point. Some scandal in either party may stick and cause chaos. It’s true that systemically everything is really hosed, but inherent randomness is still a thing so just hope one thing or another gets Keith to gently caress off.

I actually miss when 'chaos with ed miliband' was one of the choices

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Regarde Aduck posted:

That’s not really true

Wes Streeting Labour isn't a better outcome than Keith Labour

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I said this a week or so ago about scandals every 6 hours. I read through 100 UKMT posts and in horror what do I see? Like scandals every 6 hours I just want to say loving hell. HOW ARE THEY STILL IN GOVERNMENT

The virgin Kenny labour literally won't say a word other than 'love me Tory voters!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Wishing for the anger and coverage of this to be transplanted back in time to 2 days before the 2017 election.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ms Adequate posted:

Wishing for the anger and coverage of this to be transplanted back in time to 2 days before the 2017 election.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/status/1468475226560290817

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1468470255089590277

The problem with the news and 'balance' means you won't be able to get any opposition MP's on the big news broadcasts giving this an absolute roasting.

They're going to ignore it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

It's a good distraction to get this ignored; government plans to set themselves above the law by asking parliament to let them ignore court judgements, this is how the country goes into the dark.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
You have to imagine that video footage of the party is gonna come out in the next few days. This government seems to be entirely capable of recognising when they're being played by the media.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Good Lord! Kuennsberg in damning* condemnation of BloJo

quote:

To put it diplomatically, Boris Johnson has always had an unusual relationship with the truth.

*given the usual brown-nosing and arslikan she normally displays to Alex Pepper, this is damning from her!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59573845

Oct 4, 2005

They are going to ignore this until it goes away.

And then nothing happens

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol you guys that got turned away for your booster yesterday... well the booking site has updated this morning. You should now be able to book through that if you're three months away from your last. The info message now says theyre working on bringing it down to 2 months.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

edit. its still crap, you need to be over 40 or special. try anyway i guess.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I actually got my booster invite yesterday and I'm not quite 40. The only rule is, there are no rules that are followed consistently for everyone.