Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Xbox...losing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm sure it will all go perfectly fine and without any issues.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tell me who brought the word yikes back so I can give them a noogie

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamnit :negative:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

hatty posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

Welp!!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
They probably can't preload DLC. I don't remember that ever happening, at least.

I'm sure they could have figured out something but I understand there being other priorities.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
More like Halo Indefinite

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

my "favorite" thing is the absurd prices you get on certain items because some resellers apparently jack the price on items they're nearly put of stock on way up because the Amazon algorithm badly penalizes your store if you report that you're actually out of stock on something

I've also heard that marketplace book stores will have bots to regulate the prices of their books and they'll see a book in stock at another seller and raise their price by a penny, which causes the other store's bot to do the same, creating a loop so some worthless obscure out of print paperback goes for thousands.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ymgve posted:

it's not about the money, it's about sending a message

lmao

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

hatty posted:

:yikes:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Speaking of mandatory grapple hooks did anyone try that worms battle royale game? Maybe I should just load up worms 2 or something.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
People are still playing Worms Armageddon (the best one) online actively if you're interested in playing worms

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

The $60 includes forge too (once it’s released)
I'm pretty sure Forge will be part of the F2P multiplayer portion once it finally emerges sometime in the butt-end of next year.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zerot posted:

They probably can't preload DLC. I don't remember that ever happening, at least.

I'm sure they could have figured out something but I understand there being other priorities.

Sony managed this…

with Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS3.

It’s really easy.

1. Release the DLC early, but the client doesn’t have the data required to recognize said DLC.

2. At launch time, release a small patch that activates the game’s ability to recognize the DLC.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1468349190170365955?s=20

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1468353639093788679?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol owned shoulda just got it on gamepass

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

This is so epic that I posted it in two different threads and also the discord.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

game?pass.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fuckin rekt

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I bought a physical license that adds background noise to the game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

spending $60 on a useless disk to download a game you’ll complete in a week when you could get it on gamepass for free

couldn’t be me

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The reviews I've seen suggest that since the rest of the game is free, it's better to just sub to Game Pass for a month if that's not something you already do and just be done with it in that time. After that you can multiplayer for free until Halo 7.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it would be a better idea to just sub to game pass no matter what

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

just sub to Game Pass for a month if that's not something you already do and just be done with it in that time.

i will be doing this with every Microsoft game going forward

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

drat this is content straight outta Xbox one era

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

This is so epic that I posted it in two different threads and also the discord.

At least Stalker 2 released early.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Oh no people will have to download the highly acclaimed Halo campaign for 30 minutes. How will they cope.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Oh no people will have to download the highly acclaimed Halo campaign for 30 minutes. How will they cope.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Play it on thursday then....

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I bet uploading your posts to this forum takes forever on that clown connection.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Speaking of mandatory grapple hooks did anyone try that worms battle royale game? Maybe I should just load up worms 2 or something.

Is this on gamepass, or am I not going to play it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Play it on thursday then....

I already don't get a choice in Japan. Its poo poo!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Barudak posted:

I already don't get a choice in Japan. Its poo poo!

I’m under the impression that the games goes live globally at the same moment, that map just shows the local times at that point. I think?

I want the halo elite 2 controller, have I got zero chance of getting one? In the U.K.

Edit: yeah I checked and it looks like that’s the local times for the global launch, so you’re not actual getting it late :)

Crafty fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 8, 2021

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

tell the hamsters to run faster

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Crafty posted:

I’m under the impression that the games goes live globally at the same moment, that map just shows the local times at that point. I think?

I want the halo elite 2 controller, have I got zero chance of getting one? In the U.K.

Edit: yeah I checked and it looks like that’s the local times for the global launch, so you’re not actual getting it late :)
But he is getting it on Thursday. :eng101:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what is this, wifi for snails!?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Whats the deal with this Xbox All Access thing? I've never bought anything on finance, and while there's no APR on it, I can't find a single ding of information that implies you can just pay it off early. I don't really want to be locked into a 40$ a month commitment when I can just buy the goddamn thing with cold hard cash now

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does 12 minutes ever expand beyond the apartment? I was enjoying it well enough but then googled the length and I'm getting reports of like 12-20 hours whut? Seems like something that would be fun for maybe 2 or 3 hours tops unless the scope is much bigger than it appears.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Whats the deal with this Xbox All Access thing? I've never bought anything on finance, and while there's no APR on it, I can't find a single ding of information that implies you can just pay it off early. I don't really want to be locked into a 40$ a month commitment when I can just buy the goddamn thing with cold hard cash now

It’s basically the box plus 2 years of game pass ultimate/24 monthly payments. 0% interest.
I think you can pay it off early, but there is little incentive to do so. For folks who don’t have a lot of established credit it’s a great deal. I think I’ve logged into the account once ever to hit “accept”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Edit: Dead :rip:

Crossposting for those interested

BeAuMaN posted:

:siren:
Xbox Series X|S style Xbox Wireless Controller @ Costco.com for $30; these were going for $50 or $45 on Black Friday
https://www.costco.com/.product.1506691.html
:siren:

Source: https://slickdeals.net/f/15486289-costco-members-xbox-wireless-controller-robot-white-30-free-shipping

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 8, 2021