Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
3D printed suicide booths coming to a canton near you!

https://interestingengineering.com/a-3d-printed-assisted-suicide-pod-is-now-legal-in-switzerland

quote:

The company wants to use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to assess the mental soundness of the person opting to die by assisted suicide. They would need to complete an online test to demonstrate that they have taken the decision with free will and then get access to the code to access Sarco.

The 3D-printed pod that looks like a coffin can be towed to the location of choice where the individual can then lie down in it. The system then asks the individual a series of questions, which when answered will allow the individual to begin the process with the press of a button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The right to die with dignity is a complicated issue but I think we can all agree that the biggest problem is how unprofitable it is. These heroes driving down the labor costs by ensuring that your death is as lonely and isolating as your life are going to change all that.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’ve always wanted to die full of whippets and high as gently caress

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

sure hope no tech billionaires are eugenicists and this technology isn't abused

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

tokin opposition posted:

sure hope no tech billionaires are eugenicists and this technology isn't abused

even if you set that aside all AI generates racism no matter what you're designing it to detect or optimize or what your dataset is

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Which is worse: QA testing for this company, or gig "employment?"

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Thanatosian posted:

it's gonna have a "not tested on animals" sticker, because they tested it on the homeless instead

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

i am harry posted:

I’ve always wanted to die full of whippets and high as gently caress

If you're going to go out this way, please make sure you get the whippets from the SPCA and not a pet store.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thanatosian posted:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ByronTau/status/1468000549375258625

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

atelier morgan posted:

even if you set that aside all AI generates racism no matter what you're designing it to detect or optimize or what your dataset is

oh my god, lmao, racism is not an emergent property of pure logic, the AI is racist because it has racially biased inputs

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
weird that a cop is worried about being recorded

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Look, Kamala Harris is a piece of poo poo pig motherfucker and a war criminal, but it's actually good to see someone in a position of power who isn't a gibbering loving moron when it comes to anything technological.

I don't use Bluetooth, either, for similar reasons. Even if it's too paranoid, good! Better too paranoid than not paranoid enough.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i just say "no" when random bluetooth devices want access to my contact list, what's the problem?

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
I want to shag a robot.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Peanut President posted:

weird that a cop is worried about being recorded

Yeah she remembers what happened to Nixon.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

oh my god, lmao, racism is not an emergent property of pure logic, the AI is racist because it has racially biased inputs

even if you give a machine learning algorithm meaningless random garbage/noise for inputs, a system based on the goal to construct a set of rules and categories to explain reality as "these data points be like this, but those data points be like that" is going to start generating racial biases as soon as it encounters data involving humans

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
There was an article about medical AI not too long ago where they discovered that no matter what medical data they fed in, the AI was able to predict the race of the subjects at a high level of accuracy, meaning that if they wanted to train AI to make decisions based on what doctors did in real situations, they would likely be reproducing medical racism without knowing it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

There was an article about medical AI not too long ago where they discovered that no matter what medical data they fed in, the AI was able to predict the race of the subjects at a high level of accuracy, meaning that if they wanted to train AI to make decisions based on what doctors did in real situations, they would likely be reproducing medical racism without knowing it.

maybe they could program the AI to treat everyone is white

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The stated purpose of most ML models is to discriminate

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Rutibex posted:

maybe they could program the AI to treat everyone is white

Whats the point of AI if you cant use it to discriminate

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Biplane posted:

Whats the point of AI if you cant use it to discriminate

Having a partner for a nice game of chess?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Thanatosian posted:

Look, Kamala Harris is a piece of poo poo pig motherfucker and a war criminal, but it's actually good to see someone in a position of power who isn't a gibbering loving moron when it comes to anything technological.

I don't use Bluetooth, either, for similar reasons. Even if it's too paranoid, good! Better too paranoid than not paranoid enough.

a level paranoia is advisable but it seems weird to say no to bluetooth headphones specifically because they aren't secure while you're carrying around a smartphone with a gps built in

unless you don't use a smartphone, in which case you're probably on a watchlist already

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

blatman posted:

a level paranoia is advisable but it seems weird to say no to bluetooth headphones specifically because they aren't secure while you're carrying around a smartphone with a gps built in

unless you don't use a smartphone, in which case you're probably on a watchlist already

Just lmao if your posting hasn't already got you on a watchlist.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

this happened back in the 80s too when they were called “expert systems,” except instead of blatant racism, the systems were super misogynistic and prescribed poo poo like aspirin for pregnancies etc.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

imagine being a forum historian in a few decades and wondering what all the apparently funny tweets were about the day Twitter folds or blocks access
Too true! With that in mind I attempted to make a transcript for the Blade Security Tweet to provide a glimpse into what made us all laugh that day

You got on 35 weapons? Show me em, right now
What is that? What is that?
man he got 18 knives
samurai
Ooooh, that boy there is a monster!
Let me see what else you got
Who do you think you is Hawkeye? Gawdamnnn…
Hold on wait wait wait let him show his weapons, man show us
Boy this nigga is not bullshittin bruh
Cutty man, Boy we got the black robocop right here in the flesh cuh, don’t play with this nigga cuh.
Aight man keep it going, what are you guys talking about? keep it going
Don’t play with him cuh, he gonna kill ya gonna stab yuh cuh, gonna shoot you cuh, he on OUR side cuh, don’t play with him cuh
Man this nigga can go on a god drat, boy you can go into(Man what else you got man?) the jungle and come back with 6 lions, (Man what else you got man?)2 bears and a elephant man
He got guns down there by his shoes!
Man he ain’t got no guns in your shoes
Yes he do!
Oh! There go them knuckles
brass knuckles
You been in that county before I see bruh
oh that boy got bulldogs on him?
Wolves
Wolves?
Old school
Aroooooooooooo
Boy you ready to fight all them demons(?) we seen on the way here right now
Blade, he for real blade
Cuh you the real Blade?
Oh my god
Boy that nigga done turned into wolverine
he done turned into freddy kreugger in this motherfucker
Motherfucking wolverine!
Boy this nigga crazy B
WolfClaws, there’s only two of them in the world. they made them for me.
Who is this nigga man?
Cuz you a black angel cuh. cuz you a black angel cuh
I bet you can’t hit a backflip
And this nigga got a elephant gun
Oh there that 44

Kicked Throat has issued a correction as of 10:19 on Dec 8, 2021

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
bruh

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Inceltown posted:

im extremely concerned about CHINA might learn about my online dispositions for geriatric tubgirls and cancel the wumaos I never got

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Fairly sure SA skews left hard enough for all of us to be on watchlists.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

haven't owned a smart phone in 4 years. i have a flip phone but i leave it turned off unless i'm making a call

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

30.5 Days posted:

Yes, because racism is a systemic phenomenon with material consequences for physical health and wellbeing, so it's not surprising that the pattern recognition machine found the pattern. That doesn't mean that the ultimate outcome from using ML in medicine *has* to be racist, any more than any other tool's use. It *will* be, though, because we are poo poo incarnate.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

haven't owned a smart phone in 4 years. i have a flip phone but i leave it turned off unless i'm making a call

lol

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My strategy is to get myself on so many watch lists they lose track, like Mr Burns diseases

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Inceltown posted:

None of us are on watchlists because like five years ago or whatever the FBI figured out that posters never do anything.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/BigMeanInternet/status/1468583268022947850

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

blatman posted:

I've never heard of a gps exploit that lets you own the whole phone, though. There are several Bluetooth exploits like that.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

That is an engineering/construction project manager, not a nuclear expert.

Also, :lol: @ thinking that being with a company for 30 years means anything these days.

withak has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Dec 8, 2021

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

aphid_licker posted:

Having a partner for a nice game of chess?

Chess is literally black versus white

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

withak posted:

That is an engineering/construction project manager, not a nuclear expert.

yes, we know its a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

also do not look up how much over budget every single one of Bechtel’s nuclear contracts have been. Poor Google, going to build a $20 billion data center and find out they installed it backwards