Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Gazpacho posted:

fake billionaires aside, it isn't saying much that crypto doesn't have "money in the system" because moving liquidity rather than letting it sit is a goal of any business operation. money only needs to be on the other side of a trade. taking Bitwise's estimates that 95% of volume is fake and bitcoins worth $273M are genuinely traded per day, if the Tinkertoy twins wanted to liquidate their 70,000 coins I think they could do it over the course of a year without distorting prices much

as for shitcoin "billionaires", lol

Moving liquidity is good for business, but terrible if you want to be a currency. Imagine having to take a full year to draw cash out of your bank account without taking a massive haircut due to lack of available funds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

busalover posted:

Apparently there's some shitcoin MMO now?

https://twitter.com/xssfox/status/1465545719847153665

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

lmao

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Big shoutout to David Gerard on this episode:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
gerard = CIA confirmed

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSVoJ0WUQfY

I guess we all knew it was going to be Ubisoft.
How innovative of them to take something that was already possible with existing tech for ages, and do the same thing with ridiculous inefficient tech instead.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Raygereio posted:

How innovative of them to take something that was already possible with existing tech for ages, and do the same thing with ridiculous inefficient tech instead.

These cosmetics come with a bump map of a serial number? Well loving christ it's about time, hello Rockstar? Bethesda? Where's my crypto dragonborn helmet?

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Raygereio posted:

This is so poggers. I got ridiculed ITT for saying this was happening. Simply stating facts is all you need to be targetted in this thread. BTW $100k bitcoin by end of year.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bronze Fonz posted:

These cosmetics come with a bump map of a serial number? Well loving christ it's about time, hello Rockstar? Bethesda? Where's my crypto dragonborn helmet?

this is almost certainly what makes them 'unique' as well they aren't loving modeling 1 of 1 unique cosmetics

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

salt shakeup posted:

This is so poggers. I got ridiculed ITT for saying this was happening. Simply stating facts is all you need to be targetted in this thread. BTW $100k bitcoin by end of year.

I mean if tether mints another couple billion, maybe! That would be super preggers!!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
finally, decentralized ownership of items that you can use in Ubisoft's game on Ubisoft's servers. welcome to the future, gentlemen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bitcoin is totes poggers

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

salt shakeup posted:

u got ridiculed, because its dumb

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

salt shakeup posted:

BTW $100k bitcoin by end of year.

Which fuckin year?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

the holy poopacy posted:

finally, decentralized ownership of items that you can use in Ubisoft's game on Ubisoft's servers. welcome to the future, gentlemen

getting scammed into buying nfts and playing ubisoft games its like youre getting owned twice

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Wake me up when it's actually implemented and doesn't die a quiet death due to a few zillion issues with feasibility, dev and player backlash, EU privacy laws, utter uselessness of it all, and the fact no one asked for this, besides brainworm infested idiots like salt shakeup.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can we just assume this is a toxx so we can all have a nice present on Christmas Day.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Wow an energy efficient NFT? Know what’s even more energy efficient? Not doing that!

Alternately: finally, someone has figured out how to sell content for downloading into a video game. I know scientists have spent years trying to make this work and now it’s here!

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 7, 2021

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can we just assume this is a toxx so we can all have a nice present on Christmas Day.
They haven't shut the gently caress up about it so it should be a defacto toxx.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

salt shakeup posted:

bro it wasnt even half that 3 days ago lmao

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Raygereio posted:

Why is the video de listed?

Good think there are still extensions to re-enable the dislike count...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has anyone said Ubisoft Fartz yet?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Not a single positive comment under that video.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MarcusSA posted:

Which fuckin year?

The year

Or, a year

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The convenient thing is you should already not buy anything from Ubisoft due to their attitudes toward sexual harassment and employee abuse. So you don't even need to avoid their games for NFTs.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Random Stranger posted:

The convenient thing is you should already not buy anything from Ubisoft due to their attitudes toward sexual harassment and employee abuse. So you don't even need to avoid their games for NFTs.

I just don't buy Ubisoft games because they haven't put out a single good game in decades.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

salt shakeup posted:

Why do morons and victim complexes go hand-in-hand? It’s got to be more than the lack of self-awareness

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

HKR posted:

I just don't buy Ubisoft games because they haven't put out a single good game in decades.

I believe you'll find that Hooters Road Trip came out in 2002.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bronze Fonz posted:

Not a single positive comment under that video.

but ubisoft insiders with undisclosed holdings in the blockchain they're using made a lot of money, so who can say if it's bad or not

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

repiv posted:

but ubisoft insiders with undisclosed holdings in the blockchain they're using made a lot of money, so who can say if it's bad or not

I guess it will be pretty hilarious when it comes out that only Ubisoft employees bought any and they’re just selling them back and forth to inflate the price themselves. What I’m saying is Ubisoft Quartz is good.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The company that makes worse versions of their own games every year makes a worse version of a dollar? Whaaaaa

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Why do morons and victim complexes go hand-in-hand? It’s got to be more than the lack of self-awareness

They do it because it’s effective on people who don’t pay attention and is good PR. If you can show your average Joe how POORLY AND UNFAIRLY you’re being treated you become a sympathetic figure. If you’re a sympathetic figure then it’s easier to spin your lovely views that can’t stand on their own merit.

Historically speaking, the poo poo works because most people are decent human beings who want to treat other people fairly. Which is why you generally see lovely people taking advantage (or trying to take advantage) of it.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

salt shakeup posted:

Lol, no one wants NFTs in games except a handful of degens, and these degens only "want" to pump their bags.

small butter fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 8, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Mega Comrade posted:

Why is the video de listed?

Good think there are still extensions to re-enable the dislike count...

I believe this is why this smilie was invented :ubisoft:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I have the best video for everyone's enjoyment. Bring popcorn, maybe some alcohol for sanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1YyFUS2vk

Cryptobro Walmart thousandaire:
"Is it a ponzi? yes. That's bad, but can also be good.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 8, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I appreciate that video for not only calling it what it is (a ponzi), and meticulously running down the methods that will allow the ponzi to spike the football especiallyhard when it inevitably does, and then also explaining what a stablecoin is - without explaining why a stablecoin is, because this would be motherfucking hella illegal if done with real money and they need to obfuscate it with a fake money for it to function

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
More of ButtcoinLand (click for more)

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1468480240791920641?t=zow6G9eeEv88R1xKyHX02w&s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

where's the ring

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

So it's Second Life but worse in literally every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
If Salt Shakeup wants to toxx that Bitcoin will be 100,000 USD by the end of the year, I'm willing to be counterparty to that toxx. Salt Shakeup may accept this offer at any time until one week from the time I make this post.

T&Cs
- if Bitcoin is 100,000 USD or greater on a qualifying exchange at the end of the year (specifically: at 20220101T000000Z), I get banned. Otherwise, Salt Shakeup gets banned.
- Salt Shakeup gets to choose, after the fact, which exchange is used (but the exchange chosen must be a qualifying one as defined below).
- Bitcoin must be worth 100,000 USD on the chosen exchange - not USDT.
- A "qualifying exchange" is one where Bitcoin can be directly traded for USD and that is, as of 20220101T000000Z, permitting its users in general to withdraw at least one of USD, GBP, or EUR to their bank accounts, and is capable of furnishing those requests. (i.e. if an exchange has ceased to allow dollar withdrawals à la end-stage Mt Gox, it doesn't count. Nor does it count if matters beyond their control, e.g. government regulatory action, has rendered them unable to furnish withdrawal requests.)