Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat that's a good deal. Wireless Xbox controller with a quickly swappable rechargeable battery situation is easily my favorite PC gaming controller solution I've ever used... might just pick up one for when my current controller wears down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Martman posted:

drat that's a good deal. Wireless Xbox controller with a quickly swappable rechargeable battery situation is easily my favorite PC gaming controller solution I've ever used... might just pick up one for when my current controller wears down.

The new controllers are a nice step up from last generations too. It's not a huge difference but you can definitely feel the improvement.

I want a series 2 elite halo edition but I think I've missed the boat on that one. Has there been any rumours about a series 3 elite coming any time soon? I love my series 1 elite but I broke the LB button. I fixed it with a kit off ebay but now sometimes when I press it to jump in halo my man also randomly throws a grenade (LT) which when you're clambering up a ledge with the flag is not ideal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Does 12 minutes ever expand beyond the apartment? I was enjoying it well enough but then googled the length and I'm getting reports of like 12-20 hours whut? Seems like something that would be fun for maybe 2 or 3 hours tops unless the scope is much bigger than it appears.

No it doesnt and those times are insane. Also Forgotten City is also on gamepass and literally everything 12 Minutes wishes it was

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think I beat 12 Minutes in under 5 hours. Once you find out it's just a series of timed puzzles with only one method of advancing it really starts to fall off, even apart from the incredibly stupid story.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I liked 12 Minutes. It's not going to blow your mind but it's a fun little point and click era adventure game. I think I was done in 4 or 5 hours iirc.

Forgotten City was fine. I got one ending and don't feel like going back.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

When it's release day for the Halo Campaign and it's still not playable.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I think it unlocks at about 5 hours from now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

When it's release day for the Halo Campaign and it's still not playable.

Im supposed to stay up until 2 am on thursday to get this thing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seems there'll also be a 4 gig update, which just raises further questions about the methodology but whatever.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
If you've bought the game on disc you can't even play it yet.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

univbee posted:

Seems there'll also be a 4 gig update, which just raises further questions about the methodology but whatever.

Seems to all make sense to me?

343 is one of the studios that uses the piecemeal installer. That means basically you have a base shell and only download what you need/want. MCC used this too. Their base game is their F2P client, and Campaign is structured how DLC would be wrt to content locking.

Pre-downloads And whatnot are generally for main client. Today is an overall patch day for the entire game, so the patch size is just different based on what you got.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Maybe they could've released it at midnight instead and let people download it while at work.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Serious Sam 4 is miserable. I dont know how you work this hard on something that instantly feels bad all over.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Serious Sam 4 is miserable. I dont know how you work this hard on something that instantly feels bad all over.

It’s so poorly optimised, I couldn’t believe how bad the very first level ran.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

Maybe they could've released it at midnight instead and let people download it while at work.

You can download while at work

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I’m really torn on whether or not to play the campaign. Doesn’t feel like Halo if it’s not couch co op.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just got a notification on Xbox phone app that Halo Infinite is available now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Just got a notification on Xbox phone app that Halo Infinite is available now.

Its not available in Japan!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not available for another 40mins from what I’m reading

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Still not available, I think the notification jumped the gun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

See you all tomorrow when I can finally play the adventures of Chief-domo

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mine downloaded a bit ago

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Which button is F5 on the Xbox Series X controller? :f5:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

univbee posted:

Which button is F5 on the Xbox Series X controller? :f5:

The button that restarts your console :v:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
How does this download? is it just going to be a big fat update for the multiplayer game?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Just got a 4 GB update to multiplayer which I assume will help trigger the campaign download

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The campaign should be a separate DLC package I think.

It should all be available now if Microsoft Azure isn't having a heated us-east-1 moment.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Checking that box and saving changes made the 4 GB download just a little larger

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Also lol that Xbox won’t let you take screenshots of the dashboard.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

How do you get to that?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ah yeah there it goes.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Finster Dexter posted:

How do you get to that?

Manage game via the menu button

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Server is taking a minor poo poo it seems, it’s gonna take me two hours to download it

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Multiplayer is offline for me. Did this crash the servers?

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

I had multiplayer, it's trying to charge £55 for the campaign. Is only the multiplayer free on gamepass?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It’s downloading at the usual speeds for me so I guess I lucked out.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ZeeBoi posted:

Manage game via the menu button

ah ok... that sort of seems obvious now... but also not

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

How do you get to that?

Highlight Halo Infinite somewhere in the OS, press the burg button on your controller, select "Manage game and add-ons", then A twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ZeeBoi posted:

It’s downloading at the usual speeds for me so I guess I lucked out.

It started at fairly high speed for me, but then dropped to 20Mbps