Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Interior: Jerry's apartment. Jerry and Elaine are there, Kramer enters.

Kramer: Guess who got a new cheap laptop?

Jerry: So, you're finally joining everyone on the information super highway?

Kramer: You got it, buddy!

Elaine: How did you get it so cheap?

Kramer: Police auction.

Elaine: Oh, I've heard of those, yeah you can get all sorts of stuff there.

Kramer: Yep! My friend Bob Sacamano once picked up one of those radars the state troopers use. Yeah, he tied it to a rope and threw it out his window. Did you know that thing goes 30 mph on its way down from the 30th floor?

Jerry: Astounding. Now that I know that, what more do I need in life?

(George enters)

Kramer: George, check this out, I got a laptop for dirt cheap from a police auction!

George: Oh nice! Wait a sec.... a police laptop?

Kramer: yep, you got it.

George: Did they wipe it first?

Kramer: Whaddaya mean? I don't know, I haven't turned it on yet.

Jerry: Ohhhhh no....

George: Kramer, this might have some illegal stuff on there.

Kramer: (looks slightly intrigued) Oh yeah?

George: Yeah, but it might not be...

Kramer: (Opens up laptop and boots it up) Ah, Linux...

Elaine: isn't that what pedophiles and hackers use?

Kramer: (reads from a sticky note, typing in password) "I.... N.... T... E... L... 1998... That was a good year. So, what's on here, let me s- AAAAAH! *falls off chair*

George: Oh my god....

Elaine: *gasp* Get OUT! *pushes Kramer further across the floor*

Jerry: Oh moses, smell the roses... You gotta get rid of that thing!

Kramer: (slams laptop) Jerry, I'm marked! I saw it, and now the police will know I've seen it!

George: What are you gonna do? Kramer, you can't use that anymore! You might be able to destroy it, but some people can go through trash and find it. You gotta get someone else on the hook for this.

Elaine: Well, who the hell would take a laptop with this... stuff.... on it and keep it to themselves?

Kramer: Wait... Yeah, I might know someone, giddy up.

(Cut to Newman's apartment, we hear a knock at the door. Newman gets up from his chair and goes to the door and opens it. He sees something and picks it up; it's Kramer's laptop.)

Newman: Ooooh, my lucky day! *squeal*

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

Automatic Slim posted:

He was in his late 20s, 30 at the oldest when he was head of the PAC. It’s hard to see Josh Duggar capable of running an outfit like that at any age. He doesn’t doesn’t come across as having that skill set.

I can't speak to the family research council PAC, but a lot of outfits will put a figurehead at the top to draw checks and virtue signal bullshit to throngs of people that make donations to them. The VPs or deputy directors run the day to day, but they will have someone like chud Josh give a speech at christian conferences to burnish his credentials to be a back bench US rep in 5 years.

Groups like the NRA will have Charlton Heston or Oliver North be president of the org, but really Wayne lapierre runs the show.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Automatic Slim posted:

He was in his late 20s, 30 at the oldest when he was head of the PAC. It’s hard to see Josh Duggar capable of running an outfit like that at any age. He doesn’t doesn’t come across as having that skill set.

Unless, it’s all part of the grift machine.

In AR, lots of outfits can be profitable and not look like it but if Josh and Jim Bob wanted to sell redemption after hitting rock bottom then that is rock bottom.

The fact that JBob got elected to the AR House of Representatives twice blows the mind.
:psyboom:

there's no real skillset for running an org like that, its more about if you're savvy enough to have learned the game of politics and management by delegation

being the eldest duggar boy, his real value is in being the eldest duggar boy instead of any actual merit he can bring to the org. at the very least he's expected to nod politely, not harass the interns, and read off the teleprompter to the public at the right times. it's even better if he can be trusted to conduct interviews with the press on his own or manage some small area of responsibility like begging donors for money. if he's the eldest duggar boy AND he's also legit demonstrating competence and talent in a managerial role, then he'll be rich for life so long as he keeps the child touching and intern murdering to a dull background roar

in 2015 when the allegations of him molesting his sisters came out and he admitted guilt it pretty much ended his political career, because it wiped out the real value he held for any christian political group - being the nice smiling boy from the TV show who has youth appeal

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. maybe if this was some state case and he was at the height of his power but now he is some half forgotten figure and mainly a weird hosed up joke to most of americans. "the hosed up evangelical kid who blew thousands to beat up women during sex while cheating on his wife and he also molested his siblings multiple times."

yeah, none of these fucks have charisma even to other evangelicals and evangelicals like fuckers like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKcSylwj9g&t this rear end in a top hat helped kick off the santanic panic and still makes some money even after some christian magazine basically toss him to the wolves and showed he lied about everything. they are hosed after this and i sorta suspect daddy wont win the primary.

I hope you are right!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jim Bobye

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Yeah if Josh was the failson of billionaires or national politicians this would get swept under the rug but I don't think Jim Jam can call in favors at the federal level

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also, was it the sister-diddling scandal that got him kicked off the "Family Values" PAC, or was it the Ashley Madison scandal?

Because as I remember it, the conservatives were fine with him having diddled his sisters, ("Oh it was a youthful mistake. He has apologized to Jebus. etc."), but cheating on his wife was *gasp* a bridge too far.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Interior: Jerry's apartment. Jerry and Elaine are there, Kramer enters.

Kramer: Guess who got a new cheap laptop?

Jerry: So, you're finally joining everyone on the information super highway?

Kramer: You got it, buddy!

Elaine: How did you get it so cheap?

Kramer: Police auction.

Elaine: Oh, I've heard of those, yeah you can get all sorts of stuff there.

Kramer: Yep! My friend Bob Sacamano once picked up one of those radars the state troopers use. Yeah, he tied it to a rope and threw it out his window. Did you know that thing goes 30 mph on its way down from the 30th floor?

Jerry: Astounding. Now that I know that, what more do I need in life?

(George enters)

Kramer: George, check this out, I got a laptop for dirt cheap from a police auction!

George: Oh nice! Wait a sec.... a police laptop?

Kramer: yep, you got it.

George: Did they wipe it first?

Kramer: Whaddaya mean? I don't know, I haven't turned it on yet.

Jerry: Ohhhhh no....

George: Kramer, this might have some illegal stuff on there.

Kramer: (looks slightly intrigued) Oh yeah?

George: Yeah, but it might not be...

Kramer: (Opens up laptop and boots it up) Ah, Linux...

Elaine: isn't that what pedophiles and hackers use?

Kramer: (reads from a sticky note, typing in password) "I.... N.... T... E... L... 1998... That was a good year. So, what's on here, let me s- AAAAAH! *falls off chair*

George: Oh my god....

Elaine: *gasp* Get OUT! *pushes Kramer further across the floor*

Jerry: Oh moses, smell the roses... You gotta get rid of that thing!

Kramer: (slams laptop) Jerry, I'm marked! I saw it, and now the police will know I've seen it!

George: What are you gonna do? Kramer, you can't use that anymore! You might be able to destroy it, but some people can go through trash and find it. You gotta get someone else on the hook for this.

Elaine: Well, who the hell would take a laptop with this... stuff.... on it and keep it to themselves?

Kramer: Wait... Yeah, I might know someone, giddy up.

(Cut to Newman's apartment, we hear a knock at the door. Newman gets up from his chair and goes to the door and opens it. He sees something and picks it up; it's Kramer's laptop.)

Newman: Ooooh, my lucky day! *squeal*

lol, pretty good

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also, was it the sister-diddling scandal that got him kicked off the "Family Values" PAC, or was it the Ashley Madison scandal?

Because as I remember it, the conservatives were fine with him having diddled his sisters, ("Oh it was a youthful mistake. He has apologized to Jebus. etc."), but cheating on his wife was *gasp* a bridge too far.

I'm pretty sure the Ashley Madison poo poo was what got him kicked out of the PAC.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Ashley Madison stuff was also found through a site hack, and didn’t give them time to try and sweep it under the rug like the previous child molestation.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

The adultery site got him kicked off the family PAC. Behind the Bastards said that he was probably offended the site charged taxes. Because taxes fund sin.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Woolie Wool posted:

Jeddidiah: When being so redneck you want to name your child "Jebediah" meets up with being so redneck you can't spell "Jebediah".

Lol that it’s actually the opposite

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
end of trial today probably. so how long will the jury be out?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

end of trial today probably. so how long will the jury be out?

Depends on if someone tries to raise doubts, etc.
I feel like this should be a pretty short deliberation, but it's also computer-related.

If it's really short he's either getting away scot-free or is completely turbofucked and guilty on all counts.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Yeah if Josh was the failson of billionaires or national politicians this would get swept under the rug but I don't think Jim Jam can call in favors at the federal level

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Depends on if someone tries to raise doubts, etc.
I feel like this should be a pretty short deliberation, but it's also computer-related.

If it's really short he's either getting away scot-free or is completely turbofucked and guilty on all counts.

Hoping for a turbofucking.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Max: 500k fine 40 years

20 years and 250k for each count

https://twitter.com/SparrowHeart23/status/1468585340826914825?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 8, 2021

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hoping for a turbofucking.

Same.

The cynical side of me says he's probably gonna just get like 20 years. Then released in 5 or some bullshit

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Sentinel posted:

Same.

The cynical side of me says he's probably gonna just get like 20 years. Then released in 5 or some bullshit

Followed by him being caught again with CSAM material on his computer 3 weeks after release.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

it was the sister touching, and probably the fact that he admitted it more than anything. the allegations were exposed, and his confession happened, in may 2015. he quit the PAC that same month, and then two months later the ashley madison hack happened, though it took another month for it to come to light that josh was mixed up in that too

here's documentation from the time:

https://religiondispatches.org/josh-duggar-and-the-purity-lie/ <-- may 2015, josh resigns from the PAC

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/online-cheating-site-ashleymadison-hacked/ <- ashley madison hack in july 2015, but it took another month for the data to hit the media

https://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/08/a-statement-from-jim-bob-and-michelle-duggar-and-josh-duggar/ <-- josh pathetically begs for forgiveness on aug 20

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 8, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sentinel posted:

Same.

he will probably get full. its a fed case and its pretty clear cut and daddy doesnt really have the power to save his rear end.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
What’s the over under on him getting convicted, able to stay in his halfway house before sentencing, and trying to flee? Because I see that seeming like a “good option” to these people.

Or is he taken into custody right after the verdict?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

it was the sister touching, and probably the fact that he admitted it more than anything. the allegations were exposed, and his confession happened, in may 2015. he quit the PAC that same month, and then two months later the ashley madison hack happened, though it took another month for it to come to light that josh was mixed up in that too

i feel bad for his wife since she was basically raised as a walking incubator for his failson seed and will basicaly be trapped in her own head because of some hell cult until she dies.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

yippeekiyaymf posted:

What’s the over under on him getting convicted, able to stay in his halfway house before sentencing, and trying to flee? Because I see that seeming like a “good option” to these people.

he's going to be arrested in court, this isn't one where you get to go home and get your affairs in order and turn yourself in 3 weeks from now. If he gets convicted he is, literally, a walking, talking danger to society given form.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yippeekiyaymf posted:

dude was jerking of to loving toddler torture, he isnt some federal officials or uber wealthy scion. he is loving going to jail.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

His dad had some power over local office and police, and even was able to use that the first time. But at this level I don’t see how you get out of it unless the President really sympathizes with you.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i feel bad for his wife since she was basically raised as a walking incubator for his failson seed and will basicaly be trapped in her own head because of some hell cult until she dies.

Anna walks around with the perpetual “wtf is going on” blank stare all the time. I feel for her but drat. The level of brainwashing is beyond extreme. I’m honestly surprised none of the daughters who “got out” by marriage have done a 180.

One is close with wearing pants and have booze but I thought at least one would flee and show the receipts. If only for the dollars that would be involved for that exclusive. Especially considering Jim Bob shared nothing financially.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bobjr posted:

His dad had some power over local office and police, and even was able to use that the first time. But at this level I don’t see how you get out of it unless the President really sympathizes with you.

Good username/post combo

but yeah fed cops don't give a gently caress about Jim Bob's influence over bumfuck Arkansas politics and hopefully neither do the jury.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

dude was jerking of to loving toddler torture, he isnt some federal officials or uber wealthy scion. he is loving going to jail.

Good. I didn’t know if that would be the case since there are those where they are convicted, even at the federal level, and have a bit of time.

Throw him away and lose the key.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Do we think he did things to his own kids?

Also Jill Duggars husband

https://twitter.com/derickmdillard/status/1468589193014173703?s=20

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Do we think he did things to his own kids?

Also Jill Duggars husband

https://twitter.com/derickmdillard/status/1468589193014173703?s=20

Didn’t Derick show up at the trial as a viewer? I honestly don’t know how to read that. His wife was abused by Josh but none of them have really ever come out strong.

As for the first, I don’t know. I hate this family. They have more skeletons in their closet than others and the treatment of females is beyond disgusting. Josh and the sons are the prized pigs and the daughters are left to raise the litter Michelle pops out. The eldest spinster daughter still boggles my mind that she is there and hasn’t run off considering she is more of a mom than Michelle.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
If it was anything other than CSAM, then he might have a chance.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Sentinel posted:

Same.

Fed system doesn't have parole so if you get 20 years you do 20 years

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think Derrick hates Jim Bob.

Edit:

This is good news!

B-Rock452 posted:

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

B-Rock452 posted:

Haha holy poo poo i never knew that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That said, a federal sentence would make him eligible for a pardon when Trump gets re-elected.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Good god he does have lego hair.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Detective No. 27 posted:

That said, a federal sentence would make him eligible for a pardon when Trump gets re-elected.

If he can live with his worldview imploding inside of his head long enough to see Trump reelected.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cousin Amy

https://twitter.com/amyduggar/status/1468595686983745543?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I really hope this sick gently caress gets put away for the maximum. enjoy sitting in solitude for decades you shithead