Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I figured tails would be voiced by Chris Pratt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

He'll be Shadow in the third movie.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Weird to cast Sonic and Knuckles with new actors but keep game Tails but sure.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Larryb posted:

Tails’ current game VA will indeed be reprising her role in the second Sonic movie:

https://twitter.com/VOColleen/status/1468305802687483911

This is great news! I would not be shocked if they originally planned on hiring someone else, but there was too much loud support for her to stay the voice after she showed up in the credits and Tyson Hesse gave a nod to the executives and they were too scared of his power to say no

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think if Knuckles had showed up in the end credits voiced by his game actor there'd have been a similar thing. If Tails hadn't showed up I think they would've just gone with a new VA for him because there wouldn't have been a precedent set

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Travis Willingham regrettably no longer plays Knuckles for some reason, they replaced him with another guy I forget the name of as of Team Sonic Racing.

Macaluso posted:

This is great news! I would not be shocked if they originally planned on hiring someone else, but there was too much loud support for her to stay the voice after she showed up in the credits and Tyson Hesse gave a nod to the executives and they were too scared of his power to say no

Plus, Colleen’s been in the voice acting business for a little while herself and is probably cheaper than any big name star they could have gotten (also I’m not really sure who else could be a decent fit for him come to think of it)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bring back Jason Griffith for movie Shadow.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 22, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh yeah, there another movie coming out. That's what the game awards thing will be, won't it? In which case we should also get to see/hear Knuckles, which would be neat.

Idris Elba will likely just play him as Idris Elba (which to be fair wouldn’t exactly be a bad fit for the character honestly) but yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got our first trailer for this pretty soon now.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I hope they give Knuckles Idris Elba's actual accent

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Larryb posted:

Plus, Colleen’s been in the voice acting business for a little while herself and is probably cheaper than any big name star they could have gotten (also I’m not really sure who else could be a decent fit for him come to think of it)

Yeah, an additional factor is that Tails' voice sits in the range where a non-voice big name actor couldn't just use their own voice or a bit different, so you'd need a proper voice actor.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Larryb posted:

Travis Willingham regrettably no longer plays Knuckles for some reason, they replaced him with another guy I forget the name of as of Team Sonic Racing.

Dave B Mitchell

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The real answer is nobody cares about tails compared to Sonic or knuckles

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Curious how the "hire actual voice actors not Hollywood actors" crowd was silent when they announced that Idris Elba is Knuckles.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Detective No. 27 posted:

Curious how the "hire actual voice actors not Hollywood actors" crowd was silent when they announced that Idris Elba is Knuckles.

Well Tails had a voice in the first movie. While Knuckles did not.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is that actually curious

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They’ve been making a big funk the past couple months every time Chris Pratt gets announced as the Hollywood voice of a character, so maybe its just vitriol towards the guy spewing under the banner of the “HIRE ACTUAL VOICE ACTORS” crowd. :v:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The comment was more directed at Chris Pratt backlash. Chris Pratt sucks rear end so I'm not defending him or his casting, but the rest of the Mario casting ranges from good to inspired. Internet always gets flooded with people lament that never hire real voice actors for animated films and always opt for a Hollywood flavor of the month (something they've been doing for over half a century).

I guess the post is mistimed or misplaced but yeah, none of those comments happened when Elba's casting was announced. (A sublime choice.)

ChaosArgate posted:

They’ve been making a big funk the past couple months every time Chris Pratt gets announced as the Hollywood voice of a character, so maybe its just vitriol towards the guy spewing under the banner of the “HIRE ACTUAL VOICE ACTORS” crowd. :v:

Yeah. I've been catching up on Young Justice and while there's no issues with the voice acting it's super obvious that 75% of the cast is Troy Baker, Nolan North, Phil LaMar, and Tara Strong.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Phil LaMarr has a lot of range, tbf. I was rewatching Avatar recently and I noticed a bunch of guest voices like Rene Auberjonois, Kevin Michael Richardson and James Hong. Phil slipped right by me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He's a very talented voice actor. I rewatched Justice League and JLU recently and it's funny how sometimes two or three characters are talking to each other and they're all voiced by him.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Ngl watching an otherwise excellent foreign animated feature where they've filled the dub cast with british comedians who don't know how to voiceact even a little is really frustrating, but I'm willling to give Idris Elba a chance here, seems like a good fit for the character who just like every sonic character is cannonically a cockney anyway if you read STC.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Cybershell/status/1468349189020999681?t=A710AQLYPlfOqq9YoA3bCA&s=19

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Detective No. 27 posted:

He's a very talented voice actor. I rewatched Justice League and JLU recently and it's funny how sometimes two or three characters are talking to each other and they're all voiced by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-VHe_4GmE

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

Ngl watching an otherwise excellent foreign animated feature where they've filled the dub cast with british comedians who don't know how to voiceact even a little is really frustrating, but I'm willling to give Idris Elba a chance here, seems like a good fit for the character who just like every sonic character is cannonically a cockney anyway if you read STC.

knuckles is australian

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The only canon version of Knuckles is the Jamaican one from that Sonic and Knuckles strategy guide that was written in first person for some reason.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1468581182979776513?t=a6Gs48hfS-e8y_AK7zNyYw&s=19

April 8th release

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I kinda really dig the marriage of Sonic 1 Eggman's iPod-looking tech with the more game inspired Badnik and hovercraft designs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Dave B Mitchell

That’s the guy, not quite as good in my opinion. Speaking of, any idea why Travis left in the first place?

I believe Amy’s VA said she was leaving a while back as well so we’ll probably get a new actress for her if she shows up in Frontiers

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 8, 2021

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope the next poster has some barely visible Echidna eyes hiding in a bush staring at them

The Bee posted:

I kinda really dig the marriage of Sonic 1 Eggman's iPod-looking tech with the more game inspired Badnik and hovercraft designs.

Oh you're right that's a buzz bomber on the left, didn't even realise.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 8, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Digging Eggman's raincoat, the traditional Robotnik design didn't really translate well to Carrey's gangly form at the end of the first movie, so he needed bulking out a bit.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
here's hoping we get a sonic the movie: the game based on the movie.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EA Sports posted:

Has anyone made any romhacks yet that make Sonic and Robotnik look more like the movie versions?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

EA Sports posted:

They're going to rename Sonic Origins to Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The Movie: The Games.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has anyone made any romhacks yet that make Sonic and Robotnik look more like the movie versions?

of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5PSOT-pZjk

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/danny8bit/status/1468394224030609408?s=21

gently caress Sega. Sonics dead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant believe IGNorant news doesn't know about tail's plane the tornado

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

i cant believe IGNorant news doesn't know about tail's plane the tornado

it's sonic's plane

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If this IMDB page is accurate apparently we have a bit of casting information for the upcoming Sonic Prime cartoon on Netflix:

https://imdb.com/title/tt13961348/

I’ve never heard of either of those people to be honest

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I liked the original design better.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Jaleel White is so busy lately though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bring back Jason Griffith for movie Shadow.

This. His Shadow and Pollock's Eggman were the only good things to come out of the 4Kids era.