Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Yeah I honestly struggle to understand the outrage on this, as if Tories openly laughing in our faces hasn't been standard practice for over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I thought it had more to do with the brexit promise of £350m per week for the NHS written on the side of a bus

Oh yeah that too. What is it with this fucker and buses?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

smellmycheese posted:

Rumours are that Old Cuck Cole was at the party

No, the Sun aren't reporting on the Downing Street party because he wasn't there. He was at their Christmas party, which was held the same night.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah I honestly struggle to understand the outrage on this, as if Tories openly laughing in our faces hasn't been standard practice for over a decade.

Maybe before they thought Bozza Wot A Larf was laughing WITH them at lefty woke snowflakes welfare skiving scroungers refugees etc but now, just maybe, they start to realize he was laughing AT them. And people don't like that.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Honestly looking forward to hearing what my "I suffered so everyone else should have to as well" Tory voting grandparents make of this. This actually seems like exactly the kind of thing (& the only kind of thing) that could actually get through to that particular type of voter (which I understand comprises about 40% of voters)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Boris didn't get Cocopops that he wanted.
Horrific scenes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1468312373953974283

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah, for all the things they'll get guillotined for, throwing an illegal Christmas party will be near the bottom of the list.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Butternubs posted:

Yeah, for all the things they'll get guillotined for, throwing an illegal Christmas party will be near the bottom of the list.

Welcome to modern politics, where the office xmas party actually has a (very small) chance of toppling the government.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Been reading up a bit on the Nationality and Borders Bill. Do you reckon Patel was invited to any of the parties? I have to think that her true believer zeal makes at least a few of her colleagues as nervous as the rest of us.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grey Hunter posted:

Welcome to modern politics, where the office xmas party actually has a (very small) chance of toppling the government.

I can't think of any other political party that's likely to do it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Borrovan posted:

Honestly looking forward to hearing what my "I suffered so everyone else should have to as well" Tory voting grandparents make of this. This actually seems like exactly the kind of thing (& the only kind of thing) that could actually get through to that particular type of voter (which I understand comprises about 40% of voters)

They're going to become Toby Young Lockdown Skeptics dot Com.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cookie Cutter posted:

The SW1 hive mind. The Islington set. The North London elites. its like a shite knockoff of gangs of new york

I'm imagining a punished, glass-eyed Jeffrey Archer carving his way through hordes of north london elites with a mechanised typewriter-chainsaw on a stick, hell bent on destroying his mortal enemy, the arch-wizard Ken Livingstone

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
It will be the quantum xmas party.
No one was there, but there were people there.
None of the cabinet were there, but there will be proof they were in the house at the time.
etc.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

happyhippy posted:

It will be the quantum xmas party.
No one was there, but there were people there.
None of the cabinet were there, but there will be proof they were in the house at the time.
etc.

it's a big slapstick comedy sketch where they keep going out one door the moment the party comes in the other door and just missing the fact that a party exists

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Cookie Cutter posted:

The SW1 hive mind. The Islington set. The North London elites. its like a shite knockoff of gangs of new york

The postcode The Spectator is located.

e: 1 street over from Conservative Campaign Headquarters

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

He was literally shagging everyones wife, at once, in 10 downing street, at the christmas party, while everyone else watched? i don't know, it sounds a bit outlandish. Not sure I believe that one.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is why I'm glad mixed civil partnerships passed. It's the only way to stop him.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Crazy to think that a mass murdering blobfish gets more action most of us ever will but that's life for ya

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Convex posted:

He was literally shagging everyones wife, at once, in 10 downing street, at the christmas party, while everyone else watched? i don't know, it sounds a bit outlandish. Not sure I believe that one.

He had dozens of dicks grafted onto his body like in that Iain M Banks novel.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

josh04 posted:

They're going to become Toby Young Lockdown Skeptics dot Com.
True story, I learned recently that a bloke I know from work is working for Toby Young's free speech union

Same bloke also happens to be without question the biggest oval office I have ever met. Prolly just coincidence

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sinky posted:

That's called cabinet collective responsibility.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Borrovan posted:

True story, I learned recently that a bloke I know from work is working for Toby Young's free speech union

Same bloke also happens to be without question the biggest oval office I have ever met. Prolly just coincidence

I assume you haven't met Toby Young?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I have not

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If you prop up a shipping crate with a stick and write "what if the child consents" on it you can meet Toby Young and Rod Liddle.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lmao

Expecting CON+5 out of all this, CON+10 if it turns out to be an Eyes Wide Shut/Yellow King party

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

sinky posted:

Irek Ismaren from the Star Wars Extended Universe, but with dicks

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
We're too easily distracted for any of these outrages to have any lasting consequences. The party has already caused people to forget the cocaine, which caused people to forget the bum touching, which caused people to forget the thousands of gallons of liquid poo poo going into the ocean... so on and so forth. These situations will just keep passing us by like objects on a conveyor belt.

So, what's next?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A cuddly toy.

Boris Johnson also had sex with it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i mean no we're not. It's just that we can't do anything. People with power had to care and now they don't

it has nothing to do with distractions or playing too much video games or e numbers. If anyone is to blame it's the journalist class which just stopped giving a gently caress about integrity and everyone loving hates them.

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012
Just wanted to say, the Lib Dems are still pulling that 'only the Lib Dems can beat the Cons' poo poo in North Shropshire. Had poo poo in my post from both cons and Lib Dems - and both made to look like newspapers so that the Olds take them as fact.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

SpitefulHammer posted:

Just wanted to say, the Lib Dems are still pulling that 'only the Lib Dems can beat the Cons' poo poo in North Shropshire. Had poo poo in my post from both cons and Lib Dems - and both made to look like newspapers so that the Olds take them as fact.

They're right this time, even though it would seem to make little intuitive sense.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59584736

Annnnnnd shes out!
Boris had to sack someone, who else than the lowest on the rung, Allegra Stratton.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

This suggests they're going to stick with increasing restrictions, right?

My office christmas party hangs in the balance.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

happyhippy posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59584736

Annnnnnd shes out!
Boris had to sack someone, who else than the lowest on the rung, Allegra Stratton.

Finally justice has been served we can all now move on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isn't allegra a kind of drug?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

josh04 posted:

This suggests they're going to stick with increasing restrictions, right?

My office christmas party hangs in the balance.
My partner, who is 100% WFH, has driven an hour away to see her team in person for the first time ever at a a Christmas do she didn’t even really want to go to.

Going to be extremely awkward if it gets cancelled this evening just as everyone is ordering their starters.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OwlFancier posted:

Fexofenadine, an antihistamine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I thought it was a vauxhall from the 80's.