Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

I have tried several times but the post office has told me that if I try to mail a manila envelope full of several ladles of gumbo one more time they will send the post officers who can carry guns after me

https://youtu.be/On3cQ0sPvSY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yea ok posted:

aws come back pweez i need to work

death to AWS. Just pointlessly confusing, the amazon supplied tutorials always pick the most expensive way to do poo poo and their support people are full of farts.

I would be so much happier if VMware offered a cloud product similar to their ESX stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Sometimes I love the internet

https://twitter.com/GarrettoType/status/1468205467503669250?t=16lgcvoTIAdHqWIoPFM2qQ&s=19

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

coconono posted:

Finished Strange Journey(or rather got to a place where I started thinking about re-rolling because no autosave and I forgot to save and I got married to a choice I didn't like) so I started poking around at the other roms I bagged.

Code of Princess- still a big titty RPG with interesting brawler controls. Not a whole lot going on for it beyond titillation.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus- you gotta draw your own map. Even if you tell it to draw the fuckin thing, you still gotta stop and add in doors and poo poo. Not a whole lot going for the combat system.

SMT Soul Hackers- very cool, very oldschool SMT style game with a slight upgrade in graphics and VA over the DS rom.

SMT IV: Apocalypse- holy poo poo I thought this was just a remake of SMT IV with some added content. Turns out its a whole story based on an alternate retelling of the SMT IV game where the main character wiped out a couple of factions and is now proceeding to make war on both angels and demons. Meanwhile your character is a local resident of Tokyo doing anime boyfriend poo poo. And mugging demons.

For me it's Apocalypse in a walk. I love that game.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should bring back Gateway computers. I want a computer that comes in a cow box.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Lying in bed and can't sleep having discovered The X-Files is on Disney+ and amused the main characters are now known for being in a sex show and a different sex show.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Just remembered how Disney+ gave Daryl Hannah lovely digital extensions to cover her rear end in Splash, and lol'd. It was a sad lol though.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NienNunb posted:

They should bring back Gateway computers. I want a computer that comes in a cow box.

Not sure about the cow boxes but I think Gateway is now a Walmart exclusive brand.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Fuuuuck my anxiety is is in high gear today. Literally wincing at work emails coming in even though they're the most mundane poo poo imaginable.

At least I get my insurance in 9 days and can finally talk to my therapist after two months. Good goddamn thing cause cracks are starting to show. But I handled it better than expected so silver linings I guess.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

early gateway2000 was great because they didnt have a functioning rms, they could only check if you did have a warranty

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Only up to episode 2 and a very young Seth Green shows up in the X-Files

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Critical posted:

Fuuuuck my anxiety is is in high gear today. Literally wincing at work emails coming in even though they're the most mundane poo poo imaginable.

At least I get my insurance in 9 days and can finally talk to my therapist after two months. Good goddamn thing cause cracks are starting to show. But I handled it better than expected so silver linings I guess.

hang in there dude, I've been in those lean days between medications and appointments and they're generally loving awful

keep your head up and try not to let the little things bog you down too much, the finish line is in sight

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I still have my squishy Gateway stress relief cow. It came with my first computer in college.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Gateway doesnt have the cow boxes anymore cuz Alienware abducted them all

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Haha

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

For me it's Apocalypse in a walk. I love that game.

yeah I really like a lot better than IV, which is one of my fave games. I'm gonna attack and dethrone all the gods.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Gateway doesnt have the cow boxes anymore cuz Alienware abducted them all

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Been watching Curb for the first time ever and it got me thinking about a thought experiment: what’s the be all, end all funniest show? What show had the highest highs, or the show that was the most consistently A-tier funny? Something like the Simpsons is up there when it comes to peaks but it’s hindered by only 10 of its 50 year run being worth a goddamn.

Always Sunny, Seinfeld, 30 Rock, Nathan For You, Night Court, these are the pillars for me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ask your church father

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The hardest i've ever laughed at TV was the Louie episode where he gets his kids those dolls for christmas and everything goes wrong, i was in tears.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Golden Girls
Walker Texas Ranger (never on purpose)
Supernatural (never on purpose although it thinks it is sometimes)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can't remember anything. vice Principals

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Eat My Fuc posted:

The hardest i've ever laughed at TV was the Louie episode where he gets his kids those dolls for christmas and everything goes wrong, i was in tears.

yeah this and the I Think You Should Leave sketch where the turbo team installs a toilet for farts are both up there for me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm not sure it could strictly be called the funniest show because the atmosphere is so relentless and grim but Jam is I think the most consistently good comedy show. Partly because it only has 6 episodes.

It's essentially a sketch show and those obviously have highs and lows but so much of it has stuck with me over the years, from the gross and shocking to the infantile to the just very funny.

Probably never going to be something rather would appeal to the widest audience when parts of it are clearly attempting to push a whole lot of buttons but I still think it's great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

ask your church father

I did he sent me here

Nirvana The Band The Show

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Nirvana The Band The Show

This is my answer, probably.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Review w/ Forrest MacNeil
King of the Hill
All three Jody Hill/Danny McBride shows
Taxi

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eagleheart and Xavier Renegade Angel are all timers, and as recognized as it's been already, Seinfeld has to be up there with Curb.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The final episode of wunder showzen is a weird hilarious masterpiece

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

check it out!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How could I forget

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought Cheers was consistently great through its entire run, and even Frasier kept up the quality for a long drat time after that.

Fawlty Towers is probably the funniest comedy I have ever seen though, 2 near perfect seasons where the quality never once dipped and then Cleese got the gently caress out of there and very wisely didn't make any more and risk diluting it.

I think I hurt myself laughing at the end of The Health Inspector episode from the moment he opens up the biscuit tin to the end credits rolling :vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_q4S7lZeik&t=106s

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I liked the Munsters Mary Tyler more show dick van dyke show and I love lucy and the Bob Newhart show. And gilligans island. I didn’t really care for green acres, the Beverly hillbillies , Newhart. I liked the odd couple. Dragnet scared me and I didn’t like it. Any questions?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mary Tyler Moore is my great aunt. I never met her. I liked her two tv shows too. Any questions?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Mary Tyler Moore is my great aunt. I never met her. I liked her two tv shows too. Any questions?

how'd she make her hat stay up in the air like that

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

i heard she was a dumbass later in life but when she was a babe i would have totally boned her. condolences.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i guess my question is, you get mary tyler moore in her prime, chipper and quirky, big fat rear end, but you know she's your great aunt. you going there?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bro I am so going there, and then some! And then I'm going to Funky town lol.

e; Mis read the question.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mary tyler moore is on prime but it might only be season 1. no, i checked again and it's the whole program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't have Prime because i'm poor. you can just look and see what's on there