Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Not very active in here but just wanted to poke my nose in - I recently got a Craigslist board to fit my bigass feet(I had a couple boards I liked that were stolen a couple years ago). A Nidecker Merc that has Flow bindings on it. I brought it home only to discover that one corner of one of the straps had been busted and concealed by the seller. I couldn't find anywhere for spare parts at the Boulder shops, so I got in touch with Flow's customer service and whoever was answering emails that day is sending me replacement parts free of charge, despite them being secondhand.

I don't have any experience with Flow's and I don't know what the general consensus on them is here but I just wanted to spread the good word about their CS department.

Also please loving snow god drat it I'm so terrified for fire season next year based on the unprecedented late start.

edit: vv boulder county, so most of my time is spent at eldora!

Admiral Bosch fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like every poster in this thread should have their top resort in their signature so I know where they're talking about.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Admiral Bosch posted:

Not very active in here but just wanted to poke my nose in - I recently got a Craigslist board to fit my bigass feet(I had a couple boards I liked that were stolen a couple years ago). A Nidecker Merc that has Flow bindings on it. I brought it home only to discover that one corner of one of the straps had been busted and concealed by the seller. I couldn't find anywhere for spare parts at the Boulder shops, so I got in touch with Flow's customer service and whoever was answering emails that day is sending me replacement parts free of charge, despite them being secondhand.

I don't have any experience with Flow's and I don't know what the general consensus on them is here but I just wanted to spread the good word about their CS department.

Also please loving snow god drat it I'm so terrified for fire season next year based on the unprecedented late start.

edit: vv boulder county, so most of my time is spent at eldora!

Nothing wrong with Flow Bindings. Not my favorite but not bad. Very useful at small hills in the midwest though. Cool that they hooked you up!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Utah has some resorts open, but with limited stuff. Very limited at Park City. But they are supposed to get snow this week, so hopefully that weather continues on into Colorado.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

kiimo posted:

I feel like every poster in this thread should have their top resort in their signature so I know where they're talking about.
this makes me want thread-specific signatures, which sounds like a database nightmare for these forums

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

bawfuls posted:

this makes me want thread-specific signatures, which sounds like a database nightmare for these forums

I think there are few enough posters that I seem to have memorized where everyone skis: I ski Mt. Hood in Oregon along with Highme, Hookshot is at Whistler, spwrozek is in Colorado, moot is in Tellluride, and you ski Mammoth I think? Hmm now that I think about it it would be helpful to have thread specific signatures.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Any Epic pass new englanders here? Got some accrued time off work I gotta burn before the end of the year and wondering what southern VT/NH Epic resort would be my best bet midweek this week.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Plank Walker posted:

Any Epic pass new englanders here? Got some accrued time off work I gotta burn before the end of the year and wondering what southern VT/NH Epic resort would be my best bet midweek this week.

This week? VT is the only place that’s had any significant snow I think. Maybe Okemo?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Took some video of wind transporting snow today at the bird. It was pretty mesmerizing. Also featured, an entirely brown south facing ridge. Let's hope this week's storm changes things!

https://youtu.be/LyjSae0744Q

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who has been to this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXCmAEgvN3m/?utm_medium=copy_link

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I've not, but I could make it–currently planning to be up there that weekend and a few days after.

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001

Plank Walker posted:

Okemo at least has some trails open and a few lifts, Sunapee is really 2 trails that merge into one about halfway down. Both got scraped off before noon. Midweek body count should be lower so at least you have that going for you.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Not for like 20 years. It was cold.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
I bought a new snowboard and all of a sudden it’s snowing. Barely, but snowing.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
What did you get?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

^^This

I mean holy gently caress "I got a new snowboard" this ain't twitter, you've got unlimited characters :allears:

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
... and photos.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Yeah well I just bought some new skis and it's raining.

Realizing that my wildcat 108 and zero g tour pro are not the ideal set up for the grand traverse, I pulled the trigger on a more uphill-focused setup. I didn't want to go full skimo race nerd, here, since I don't think I'll be racing with any regularity but do think I'll have a good amount of uphill focused outings as I get more involved in the local nordic search and rescue group.

So I split the difference and ordered the Salomon MTN Summit 79; 170cm and 79 underfoot. It'll be interesting to see how they feel compared to the wildcats; it's been years since I've skied on anything shorter than 180cm. Though even if we get snow soon I'll have to wait to try them until January since I want to get another pair of flexier boots for them, and won't be getting those until next year.

Also got the wife an early christmas present, ready for pickup now, we'll go down and pick them up / have them mounted later this week (buy moment!! seriously great company)

Sorry all I've got is gear posts, there's no snow and it's still October/mountain bike season here.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I got my wife her fourth pair of Chams off ksl (these are the cham 2.0, her first pair of them) for Christmas.

Ive got a new drag free (28 cm ww) NS heritage but there's nowhere near enough base to bring it out yet. Got some Now bindings that I'm stoked to try.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Steve French posted:

buy moment!!

I'm still on the hunt for frankenblades.

One day.

highme
May 25, 2001

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I got my wife her fourth pair of Chams off ksl (these are the cham 2.0, her first pair of them) for Christmas.

Ive got a new drag free (28 cm ww) NS heritage but there's nowhere near enough base to bring it out yet. Got some Now bindings that I'm stoked to try.

Jesus gently caress, how big are your feet if you need a 28cm for no toe drag? Sole reduction on my Tactical ADVs has my sz 12s comfortable on a 25.5 waist.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Size 14. I jam em into size 13 32s though, but I definitely boot out on hard toe carves even with a normal 'wide' board around 26.4 wide.

Aside from the drag issues though, the ultra wide boards are cool as you get a really skaty floaty feel in pow and can reduce board length if you want without sacrificing floatation due to all the added surface area you get with the width.

Never heard of sole reduction though, can you elaborate?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

oh gear posts. I just bought this:

and put these on it:

and these on my feet:

And am headed up to Whistler Thursday night so yeah, current mood: stoked.

e; my previous beloved setup was a K2 Valhalla with K2 Impact bindings and Burton Ion boots. But I've been riding that and a Sims park board for years, and I'm old and somewhat more portly than I was so I'm excited for this new set-up. I demo'd the 2021 binding boot combo last year and loved it.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 7, 2021

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Moey posted:

I'm still on the hunt for frankenblades.

One day.

I specifically mounted mine with the biggest sole length range I could find on non-demo bindings. Come out to Tahoe and you can borrow them

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

What did you get?

Wanted something with a little more pop and flex (this is the year for the backside 3, he says unconvincingly) but still with the magnetraction for when the front side of the mountain turns into a wall of ice. Going to put the quiver baseplates on it and use it when there’s less than 8” or so of fresh.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Moot .1415926535 posted:

Wanted something with a little more pop and flex (this is the year for the backside 3, he says unconvincingly) but still with the magnetraction for when the front side of the mountain turns into a wall of ice. Going to put the quiver baseplates on it and use it when there’s less than 8” or so of fresh.

Hell yeah, that thing should have plenty of pop.
I'm a neversummer guy mostly, but even I can admit how nice magnetraction is when it's icy. My Rossi xv split has it and it can be a lifesaver. :hfive:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Looks like this season is finally starting!

Looking forward to my first weekend morning drive on I-70 as a NaTiVe.

asur
Dec 28, 2012
Gear post: Shattered my Flagship last year so I decided to double.down and upgrade to the stiffer version and see how it rides.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Looks like we are finally due for a pattern change in the western US, models suggest almost a normal amount of precipitation the next couple weeks in the Sierra’s!

highme
May 25, 2001

asur posted:

Gear post: Shattered my Flagship last year so I decided to double.down and upgrade to the stiffer version and see how it rides.

Took me way too long to realize this was not a Bryan Iguchi board from Arbor

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Looks like we are finally due for a pattern change in the western US, models suggest almost a normal amount of precipitation the next couple weeks in the Sierra’s!

Hah, and some others are suggesting more than normal

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Size 14. I jam em into size 13 32s though, but I definitely boot out on hard toe carves even with a normal 'wide' board around 26.4 wide.

Aside from the drag issues though, the ultra wide boards are cool as you get a really skaty floaty feel in pow and can reduce board length if you want without sacrificing floatation due to all the added surface area you get with the width.

Never heard of sole reduction though, can you elaborate?

Some boots try to minimize the outside footprint for folks like you.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Steve French posted:

Yes please

I'm so excited to living in Tahoe for a month this winter, aiming for 15 days on the slopes

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Yes please

I'm so excited to living in Tahoe for a month this winter, aiming for 15 days on the slopes

Nice! What area/resort? Am I remembering right you’re usually up in south lake?

pinarello dogman
Jun 17, 2013

Moot .1415926535 posted:

...Going to put the quiver baseplates on it...

The what?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Steve French posted:

Nice! What area/resort? Am I remembering right you’re usually up in south lake?

We're gonna be staying about 10-15 minutes from Heavenly

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

https://www.tactics.com/karakoram/prime-quiver-connectors/black

It’s rad I like them a lot

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Steve French posted:

itshappening.gif

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
swear to god if this starts dumping right before i have to go back east for christmas and i don't get to ride any of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
https://www.vaildaily.com/news/vail-resorts-announces-acquisition-of-seven-springs-hidden-valley-and-laurel-mountain-ski-areas/

Vail Resorts announced Wednesday it has agreed to purchase Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Pennsylvania from Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Inc.

Vail Resorts will also acquire Hidden Valley Resort and the operations of Laurel Mountain Ski Area as part of the deal. The approximated $125 million purchase price includes the three ski areas, a hotel, conference center and other related operations.

Rob Katz still skis in jeans