Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I've played like 11 hours and I can safely say Deathloop isn't an improvement on Dishonored 2. "Come back at another time" counts as backtracking right? Retracking? Eh either way it's not exactly fun. I suppose I could be wrong it's been awhile since I've played the Dishonored games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Putt Putt games were good fun with earnestly enthusiastic voice acting and if you say one bad word about the double P the only words needed will be at your euology

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
My only experience creating a let's play was a screenshot LP of Fallout 2 with my character being a complete moron simpleton fuckwit, channeling my posting style.

Then like 4 years later I found out that someone on Tumblr who I had never spoken to or even heard of was doing some sort of a role playing thing using my character from the lp which was weirdly unsettling.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Breetai posted:

Then like 4 years later I found out that someone on Tumblr who I had never spoken to or even heard of was doing some sort of a role playing thing using my character from the lp which was weirdly unsettling.

That's pretty funny ngl.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
These forums are anime and we are all characters in it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

These forums are anime and we are all characters in it.

Do you... Do you notice me?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's all fun and games until LP readers literally stalk you IRL

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Barudak posted:

Putt Putt games were good fun with earnestly enthusiastic voice acting and if you say one bad word about the double P the only words needed will be at your euology

Putt Putt Travels Through Time will always be one of the greatest games ever made because it helped me learn how to communicate with my autistic daughter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh no not my euology (which I'm assuming means the study of Europa Universalis lore).

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Maybe is a better Ink Spots song than I Dont Want to Set the World On Fire

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Your Feet's Too Big is the superior Ink Spots song because it's one of the few that isn't exactly the same.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Doctor J Off posted:

Maybe is a better Ink Spots song than I Dont Want to Set the World On Fire

Perhaps.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They both suck poo poo, the only good Ink Spots song is Java Jive but that isn't in a video game

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just remembered that I got the Sony Play Station 3 home computer system version of Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes because it allowed for a custom soundtrack, and then it crashed on me when I tried to play my own tracks.

I guess the opinion was that it mattered, and I was WRONG.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

flavor.flv posted:

They both suck poo poo, the only good Ink Spots song is Java Jive but that isn't in a video game

That's a real good one. I remember first hearing it on the Theme Time Radio Hour show hosted by Bob Dylan. That was an amazing radio program and Bob Dylan should do more of it, is my unpopular videogame opinion.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Fallout game with the best sound-track is Fallout Brotherhood of Steel

No that's not really my opinion - it's impossible to have that opinion. It's actually Fallout 4 with Kawolski as the DJ.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I never played Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 and New Vegas needed much larger soundtracks. The radio felt like it had about 3 old timey songs on constant repeat and that was it for the soundtrack. Those songs are practically public domain, quit being so stingy with them!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

look buddy if you don't care that to the town of Agua Fria came a stranger one fine day...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Excelzior posted:

look buddy if you don't care that to the town of Agua Fria came a stranger one fine day...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh yeah, any time I want to replay any of them the first thing I do is go on nexus and download the mod that adds hundreds of songs and radio ads from the fifties

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol if Jingle jangle isnt burned into your brain

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Space Kablooey posted:

lol if Jingle jangle isnt burned into your brain

Sometimes I come home from work and wake my lady up by going, "I got spurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs," and then she yells at me for making her sing that song.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Nice Van My Man posted:

I never played Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 and New Vegas needed much larger soundtracks. The radio felt like it had about 3 old timey songs on constant repeat and that was it for the soundtrack. Those songs are practically public domain, quit being so stingy with them!

Fallout 4 radio was such a let down because it had so many FO3 songs in it. It didn't really feel new. And the radio host was bad. I hated the whole story arc he had.

But usually for most games I listen to the game music for a while, but then I curate a playlist of game appropraite music to listen to. It's a nice excuse to dive deeper into different kinds of music. For LA Noire I listened to lots of noire movie scores (swing jazz I'm already so familiar with that I wanted something different). RDR2 I listened to old western scores and early country and folk. And so forth.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
See I don't really get that with any fallout game where the music is burned in to my head, but for some reason Stubbs the Zombie really did a number on my noggin. Also, that game was super weird, it felt really unfinished to me, I had no clue I was on the last level when the game finished, felt really abrupt.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

How is that otherwise? I'd never heard of it before the switch port was announced, is it worth playing today?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

flavor.flv posted:

How is that otherwise? I'd never heard of it before the switch port was announced, is it worth playing today?

That's the other thing, I played this game... (I wanted to say 10 years ago, but that felt like it was too long to be true, so I went and checked, and actually:) 15 years ago! gently caress! It felt like a game that you could play today, it's not unreasonable that there's a remake of it now, but, at the same time, I can't help but feel it's probably been updated so much as to be unrecognizable. I got it on a Warez disk, (fuckin, LOL, what? Remember them?!) so did actually wonder if I had like a pre-release version or something. I just remember very clearly the last level, and thinking, "I actually am quite enjoying this, I might finish it" and then it was over, lol.

I mean, there you go I guess, 15 years ago I thought "this might be enjoyable enough to finish" and I did. That's my review.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

lobsterminator posted:

Fallout 4 radio was such a let down because it had so many FO3 songs in it. It didn't really feel new. And the radio host was bad. I hated the whole story arc he had.

But usually for most games I listen to the game music for a while, but then I curate a playlist of game appropraite music to listen to. It's a nice excuse to dive deeper into different kinds of music. For LA Noire I listened to lots of noire movie scores (swing jazz I'm already so familiar with that I wanted something different). RDR2 I listened to old western scores and early country and folk. And so forth.

Manowar every game always

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Rutibex posted:

i see you have never read Infinite Jest

you wanna talk about kate gompert with me?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Icochet posted:

Manowar every game always

LIKE THUNDER FROM THE SKY!!!!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My girlfriend can be reduced to near crying at just mentioning the song The end of the world by Skeeter Davis because she finds it so sad.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

My girlfriend can be reduced to near crying at just mentioning the song The end of the world by Skeeter Davis because she finds it so sad.

holy poo poo this is bugging me, where have i heard this before?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Pretty bonkers that "Crawl Out Through the Fallout" is an actual oldies song and not something written specifically for Fallout 4

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

holy poo poo this is bugging me, where have i heard this before?

It's gotten around.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

kntfkr posted:

you wanna talk about kate gompert with me?

I like the part about the guy getting ready to go on a huge weed binge

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I like the part about the guy getting ready to go on a huge weed binge

the description of his condo always reminded me of these weird apartments my friend lived in in highland park

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

james joyce invented the soulslike genre by writing the original dark souls of books: all of his books.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

In that you're going to experience endless death every time you try to read them and they're most impressively enjoyed using a DDR pad

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
ulysses is straight up unreadable

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

kntfkr posted:

ulysses is straight up unreadable

sorry you failed the skill check bud. I passed it and wow I can see how brilliant this is, and I got 13XP from reading it :smug:

INELUCTABLE MODALITY OF THE VISIBLE: AT LEAST THAT IF NO MORE, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack, the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies. Then he was aware of them bodies before of them coloured. How? By knocking his sconce against them, sure. Go easy. Bald he was and a millionaire, maestro di color che sanno. Limit of the diaphane in. Why in? Diaphane, adiaphane. If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see.

Stephen closed his eyes to hear his boots crush crackling wrack and shells. You are walking through it howsomever. I am, a stride at a time. A very short space of time through very short times of space. Five, six: the nacheinander. Exactly: and that is the ineluctable modality of the audible. Open your eyes. No. Jesus! If I fell over a cliff that beetles o'er his base, fell through the nebeneinander ineluctably. I am getting on nicely in the dark. My ash sword hangs at my side. Tap with it: they do. My two feet in his boots are at the end of his legs, nebeneinander. Sounds solid: made by the mallet of Los Demiurgos. Am I walking into eternity along Sandymount strand? Crush, crack, crick, crick. Wild sea money. Dominie Deasy kens them a'.

Won't you come to Sandymount,
Madeline the mare?

Rhythm begins, you see. I hear. A catalectic tetrameter of iambs marching. No, agallop: deline the mare.

Open your eyes now. I will. One moment. Has all vanished since? If I open and am for ever in the black adiaphane. Basta! I will see if I can see.

See now. There all the time without you: and ever shall be, world without end.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
drunk rear end in a top hat