Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's weird, as it's apparently down to Jenkins' schedule, but... like... Gal Gadot is in the Cleopatra movie, so she can't shoot Wonder Woman until that's done anyway, and Star Wars is meant to be after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi9GRafMz2E

I love that all the trailers are just boba fett saying "I AM ... BOBA FETT!!!" like yea man, we know. Music is epic in this trailer and all the visuals so far for this season make me really excited. I wanna see lots of gribbly little crime gangs all get mirked by Temura & Ming Na.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jerkface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi9GRafMz2E

I love that all the trailers are just boba fett saying "I AM ... BOBA FETT!!!" like yea man, we know. Music is epic in this trailer and all the visuals so far for this season make me really excited. I wanna see lots of gribbly little crime gangs all get mirked by Temura & Ming Na.

Using the sonic charge sound for the Inception horn here is deliciously stupid and I love it

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Cross-Section posted:

Using the sonic charge sound for the Inception horn here is deliciously stupid and I love it

Was about to post this same thing. I thought it was just a coincidence at first but the second or third time they did it I had a big stupid :haw: on my face

Also loving the Iron-Man-style robot-assisted armoring.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Looks like the show's bringing back Luke's friends from the ANH deleted scenes, as well as Tosche Station:

Same door and wall.

Same wall, with Fixer and Camie.

Robot Style fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 8, 2021

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Robot Style posted:

Looks like the show's bringing back Luke's friends from the ANH deleted scenes, as well as Tosche Station:

I have to figure Koo Stark is probably available.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The show takes place right after Mando S2, so it's probably cheaper just to recast than to de-age an actor to match a character that was cut from the movie.

Also if they're not bringing Gina Carano, they'd probably be wary of hiring a known Prince Andrew defender.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Robot Style posted:

Same door and wall.

Sweet Anakin, that is a deep cut reference.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1468728762065985539

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I would love to see old Mark Hamil come back to Tattooine and have to deal with his lovely friends that called him Wormy.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Madurai posted:

I have to figure Koo Stark is probably available.

lmao

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The United States posted:

Rebels was hurt a lot by Disney cheaping out on the animation, especially early on, Clone Wars in contrast when it needed the budget to go for something it really went for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b5m5LfxiGo

That’s one of my least favorite arcs of the whole clone wars, but the pay off right there is worth it.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Sweet Anakin, that is a deep cut reference.

At this point we're only like one meta-deep-cut away from having Pink Shorts Guy in a background shot

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I appreciate that Rebels was well written and had some pretty good stories, but i could never get into it.

It's the thin lightsabers. I hate them. I just can't get past it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SolarFire2 posted:

I appreciate that Rebels was well written and had some pretty good stories, but i could never get into it.

It's the thin lightsabers. I hate them. I just can't get past it.

The long-neck ISDs always stuck out to me. Thin sabers just mean you’ve got to be even better at deflecting than someone with a wide blade, and that’s more :black101: to me somehow.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Thin sabers are awesome ‘cause that’s how they were in ANH and makes them more reminiscent of the samurai katanas that inspired lightsabers in the first place.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been rewarching Mando again. Season 1 is definitely better than S2 even if S2 has the best episode of the show with Bill Burr.

It's funny watching Mando's interactions with other Mandalorians. It's awfully telling when he's working alongside Bo Katan how lovely the other Mandos are. Bo Katan is a prick and has a lot of nerve calling Djarin a religious zealot for being a member of The Watch. Considering she's a former terrorist who switched sides at the drop of a hat when things stopped going her way, she comes off as a massive hypocrite.

What is so bad about The Watch, anyways, besides the inherent violence that comes with the Mandalorian way of life. Look at Din and how he follows The Way of the Mandalore. He honours commitments, provides for his clan, doesn't betray his allies, and acts in good faith. The only time he breaks his code is when he takes a moral stand to save Grogu, and even though that was a good deed, it is the thing that also condemns him to be hunted. That's why the episode is called The Sin. And the punishment for breaking his code affects the rest of The Watch by proxy. On the inverse, the people who betray him face retribution for breaking the code of honour, and it's fun watching him switch from hero to slasher villain.

Meanwhile Bo Katan blackmails people, alters deals more frequently than Vader, is a judgmental rear end in a top hat and has a massive entitlement complex. With the Death Watch dissolved and the clans either fighting or abandoning their squabbles to join the Children of the Watch, it seems like The Way is better off than whatever stupid poo poo Bo Katan is trying to pull.

She's essentially The Worst.

WRT Rebels, the animation itself is what puts me off rather than the cheaper looking visuals. There's no sense of speed to any actions and the facial animations are overly animated making everyone look like their jaws are broken.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Moose King posted:

At this point we're only like one meta-deep-cut away from having Pink Shorts Guy in a background shot

I mean someone has to be Jeans Guy's dad.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Generally the issue with zealots is that often the whole song and dance about their fancy code of honor is often just for show and they don't actually stick to the rules. Often the rules are pretty arbitrary too, so you may just randomly end up on the wrong side of a crazed murderer. From a purely social perspective, people also generally just don't like hanging around with weird religious nuts. Enough of this don't remove your helmet crap and just eat your stupid sandwich okay.

There's also the aspect of Bo Katan, as just kind of a violent jerk who spouts largely meaningless lines on the honor of battle is the truer legacy of the Mandalorians as opposed to the pretty recently formed strict religious order that actually follows rules and keeps its head down. Her tenure as a terrorist saw her opposing a pacifist, a sith crime lord, and the empire, all for the sake of the freedom to be a violent jerk.

It's a lot like how Worf is with Klingons.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mando can't be Worf. Mando can actually win fights. But they do both seem to embody the ideals of their respective cultures. I just think it's rich for Bo Katan to poo poo talk The Watch when she's such a reprehensible hypocrite.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
More High Republic content coming in the form of a new game: https://www.starwarseclipse.com/

Wonder if this will tie into Acolyte in any way. Seems like it might sit between the books and the tv series?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJpiOPKH14

Not a tv show but a game set during the High Republic age, unfortunately its by Quantic Dream.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DurosKlav posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJpiOPKH14

Not a tv show but a game set during the High Republic age, unfortunately its by Quantic Dream.

You see, droids are clearly analogous to slaves in the American South during the Civil War era, and in this video game David Cage will...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

DurosKlav posted:

unfortunately its by Quantic Dream.
https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyVibrantLadiesYee-hsqQSHR1ufVdlc4T

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

*extremely running around a market voice* "Ani? aniiiiii? ANI?!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jerkface posted:

*extremely running around a market voice* "Ani? aniiiiii? ANI?!"

Ani gets run over by a speeder when he stops in the middle of the street.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Ani gets run over by a speeder when he stops in the middle of the street.

Ani, are you ok? Are you ok?! :dadjoke:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1471485560388788225?s=20
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/robert-rodriguez-interview-book-of-boba-fett-star-wars-1235062364/

Rodriguez confirming that all the footage we've seen so far is from the first half of the first episode because the rest spoils too much lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's not like they could make the mining guild the bad guys for a whole show when they got chumped by a hobo cowboy in a flashback in Mando.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Loo Loo Loo

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess it's kind of a new thing that's been established that a big part of Imperial rule was putting major industries into authoritarian guilds, so I'd like to see some of that explored directly instead of just offhand.

Although KOTOR's whole deal with Tattooine was that it gives false results in mineral surveys and it's really just worthless sand all the way down.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YbTBmJgfB4

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I wonder if Book of Boba Fett's going to Fremenize the Tuskens at all. Boba's been using a Gaderffii, so I could see them taking some (more) inspiration from Dune and exploring their culture a bit more.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Robot Style posted:

I wonder if Book of Boba Fett's going to Fremenize the Tuskens at all. Boba's been using a Gaderffii, so I could see them taking some (more) inspiration from Dune and exploring their culture a bit more.

There's a really interesting bit of lore (that's sort of acknowledged in Episode II, KotoR, and The Mandalorian) where the Sandpeople are a direct metaphor for Native Americans. They're ancient natives of the Tatooine desert who just want to be left alone. The pejorative name "Tusken Raiders" (according to the Star Wars Technical journal) actually refers to an attack on a Tatooine settlement called Fort Tusken that was set up on tribal lands at the junction between the Northern and Western Dune Seas and the Sandpeople tried to get them to gently caress off and were massacred.

It's not very subtle.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Style posted:

I read "Fremenize" as "Feminize" and I was like, god drat it. I'm glad the "Dune" was capitalized because my eyes went there next and otherwise I would have been sad.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vitruvian Manic posted:

I read "Fremenize" as "Feminize" and I was like, god drat it. I'm glad the "Dune" was capitalized because my eyes went there next and otherwise I would have been sad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

#AnakinDidNothingWrong

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

I met a dude freshman year in college who was waaaaaaay into muslim women in a creepy way it took me three months before I figured out that he was a zionist.

That picture reminds me of him.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

SlothfulCobra posted:

Although KOTOR's whole deal with Tattooine was that it gives false results in mineral surveys and it's really just worthless sand all the way down.

No it's all the previous attempts to mine it, it probably did have some minerals and they left the equipment behind and then whenever its been long enough for people to forget they prospect it, see high purity metal (old mining equipment) and a fresh gold rush starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:vince: