Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dackel posted:

That's because they wouldn't be caught dead going to some casual FFXIV rave. A Wildstar rave otoh... now that's hardcore

cupcake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Dackel posted:

That's because they wouldn't be caught dead going to some casual FFXIV rave. A Wildstar rave otoh... now that's hardcore

Unless hanging out with friends in the rave requires 2 months of attuning to keys and killing at least 3 rare world boss spawns on random 48 hour respawn timers, I don't even want to hear about em.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I remember seeing a video on twitch going to a FF14 rave and they had a separate discord everyone went to that had a real DJ playing music. Presumably there would also be private chat rooms for ERP or findom poo poo or whatever

There was a line of like a hundred people waiting to go in, which is probably more similar to the real thing than anything going on inside

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

jokes posted:

I remember seeing a video on twitch going to a FF14 rave and they had a separate discord everyone went to that had a real DJ playing music. Presumably there would also be private chat rooms for ERP or findom poo poo or whatever

There was a line of like a hundred people waiting to go in, which is probably more similar to the real thing than anything going on inside

yeah the DJ's are usually streaming on twitch while simultaneously in game. The Preach video I linked earlier has his impressions - here's like 4 hours of clubbing he streamed that has the music and poo poo. I've gone to a couple, it's kind of fun particularly if you get into the headspace with a couple bowls and just hang out chatting. It's not analogous to rl clubbing, but it's a fun diversion, particularly when you know, there's an airborne pandemic occurring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRKBq0QiQNo

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Oomcha Oomcha Oomcha Oomcha

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I've been cueing around this and watching and this is one of the dumbest and most fun things i've ever seen.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

I've been cueing around this and watching and this is one of the dumbest and most fun things i've ever seen.

Ooomcha Ooomcha Ooomcha. (It's so dumb and fun - that describes the events I've been to perfectly.)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Unless hanging out with friends in the rave requires 2 months of attuning to keys and killing at least 3 rare world boss spawns on random 48 hour respawn timers, I don't even want to hear about em.

Sadly the rave only drops glow sticks and ketamine, all vendor trash.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

squirrelzipper posted:

yeah the DJ's are usually streaming on twitch while simultaneously in game. The Preach video I linked earlier has his impressions - here's like 4 hours of clubbing he streamed that has the music and poo poo. I've gone to a couple, it's kind of fun particularly if you get into the headspace with a couple bowls and just hang out chatting. It's not analogous to rl clubbing, but it's a fun diversion, particularly when you know, there's an airborne pandemic occurring.

the coke dealer lol

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The MMO coke dealer is actually more appealing cause my hometown coke keeps killing people with fentanyl

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

squirrelzipper posted:

That looks awesome lol, I never got into FF14 but the community sounds amazing

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

lol and lmao, look at these losers going to a party in an MMO. What absolute broke brains, socially inept morons!

*locks self in a dark room for 6 hours a day to watch progress bars fill up*

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Socialization? In my Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
There is nothing more pathetic than posting on Something Awful message boards in order to supplement human interaction. Goons have zero legs to stand on.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I draw the line at ingame weddings. That’s too weird.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

punk rebel ecks posted:

There is nothing more pathetic than posting on Something Awful message boards in order to supplement human interaction. Goons have zero legs to stand on.

Ah but here you are, posting!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

AmbientParadox posted:

but there's a whole series of in game mechanics for it for FFXIV, including built in gifts for the attendees

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Man, chinese games love weddings as in game mechanics.

In age of wushu, you got benefits to getting married to someone, but you could also invite guests. The more real money you spent on it, the more gifts your guests got.

If you didn't spend a lot of money and invited people, they would get upset and trash the wedding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ9_kHEhdgI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjOj2ieTko

You would even become stronger when fighting with your wife husband

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Hw7ooJxT8

In other chinese games, they have a social system where you can get married or put someone as a lover and it always provides benefits.

In blood of steel, if you play with someone long enough to become lovers, you share access to any units you both have unlocked.

China rules.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 7, 2021

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AmbientParadox posted:

The FFXIV weddings are baller to crash. Full fmv video, wonderful play setting, just a good vibes celebration all around. If you ever see anyone in area chat hawking wedding tickets you snatch that up it is fun.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

jokes posted:

Ah but here you are, posting!

I never implied that I wasn't a sad excuse of a human being.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

punk rebel ecks posted:

I never implied that I wasn't a sad excuse of a human being.

Me too

I fuckin love postin’ and playin’ video games, especially FF14 even though it’s nigh impossible to reliably get on and play

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
does anyone still gently caress with DC Universe Online? Apparently they retooled their garbage f2p system to be actually good? Now all their story stuff is free and subbing gives you a lot of time saving bonuses more than anything, it sounds like. Anyone actually play it and can say if it's worth checking out again?

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
I actually just finished playing it again for a little while, after being away for a few years. The only things I actually noticed being locked behind the paywall besides various buffs, boosters, and cosmetics, were the powersets that were added after launch. I still had access to the little helper companions, the crafting, and even though I didn't get around to trying any of the newer zones or content packs, it all seemed to be available to everyone.

If you liked the gameplay before, it's still exactly what it always was, and the biggest thing I noticed was that you hit the level cap incredibly quick. Which is good, because all of the group content queues seem to all unlock at max level now instead of being staggered through the leveling process, and the majority of your progress is through the end game gear ladder anyway.

It's got me curious how the team will be handling the Marvel MMO, assuming this one doesn't suffer the same cancellation fate as the previous attempts.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Just lol at the people harshing on the video game rave. As someone that goes to actual real life sketchy rear end warehouse raves, please don't gatekeep the community you probably don't even participate in.

Online festivals and raves are good and cool. They can introduce people to the scene and music in a safe environment and allows people that are unable to attend real ones a way to still experience something similar.

It's literally the same thing as listening to a live festival like couch lands but with more social interaction.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It’s cause they secretly want to cyber and can’t imagine people just doing something like this to chill and listen to music

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It was one post about having to sit and think about the concept. I think people are blowing that post a little out of proportion.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ridiculous overreactions to posts are also an honorable goon tradition.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

as someone who has done shitloads of sketchy clubbing over the years i'd never go to a final fantasy rave because the idea gives me social anxiety despite not suffering from anxiety in literally any other aspect of my life

something about the catgirl rabbit person game just makes me feel like i'm gonna do something wrong and everyone will be too friendly to call me out on it

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vinestalk posted:

It was one post about having to sit and think about the concept. I think people are blowing that post a little out of proportion.

I just checked back to this thread and yeah lol. Making up a guy and getting really mad at him

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Shadowlz posted:

Just lol at the people harshing on the video game rave. As someone that goes to actual real life sketchy rear end warehouse raves, please don't gatekeep the community you probably don't even participate in.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'mma be honest I don't really see a lot of room here to make fun of people going to raves and socializing in a group with some minor roleplay from fake bartenders, drunks and drug dealers, over going to kill a dragon for the 20th time in utter silence with a random group in the hopes of getting new pants.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

making GBS threads on role players while being obnoxiously fixated on number go up is an MMO tradition

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
socializing in vr chat rules... kinda counts as an mmo i guess?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Flayed barbarian skin leggings aren’t ‘just pants’

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Orange DeviI posted:

I just checked back to this thread and yeah lol. Making up a guy and getting really mad at him

The shitposting police is here, guys. They're onto us

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Well there are no good new MMOs out so we have to fill the time doing something in this thread.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I heard the new catgirl bunnyboy mmo expansion is good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

don't forget there are also bunnygirls and two (2) varieties of catboy

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Fine, I'll download the bunnygirl catgirl catboy MMORPG video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i was trying to remember how far into the ff14 free trial i made it and this is the only screenshot i took

this guy ruled