Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I'm what they call a 'lipstick lesbian' ! Apparently, that's the best kind. You're very lucky.

That episode isn't funny!

I had the same thing happen to me. They had my gender wrong on some official form, and it took a lot of work to get it straightened out.

I'm not prepared to be Hank. I have the intelligence of a Luanne with the future prospects of a Bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cemetry Gator posted:

I had the same thing happen to me. They had my gender wrong on some official form, and it took a lot of work to get it straightened out.

I'm not prepared to be Hank. I have the intelligence of a Luanne with the future prospects of a Bill.

Okay but at what point does that hamstring you? Did it insult your ego or gender or did it irritate you on a technical level?

Because if it was a technical point, you're a Hank.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“Hwhere did I put my pantyhose?”

“Bobby go to your room”

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Okay but at what point does that hamstring you? Did it insult your ego or gender or did it irritate you on a technical level?

Because if it was a technical point, you're a Hank.

It was on a technical level.

I needed to get a passport, and I needed a birth certificate.

Got dang it! It shouldn't have been that hard to get a corrected birth certificate.

And then one of my friends made fun of me, so I told them I was going to kick their rear end.

I just want to sell propane and propane accessories in peace. Is that too much to ask?

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I thought Hank did understand the situation, but heck I’m gonna rewatch the episode to find out.

There are a lot of times where Hank doesn't understand the situation on purpose because he loves Peggy. If he absolutely needs to, he will break kayfabe (spapeggy, kidnapping) but even then it is motivated by his love for Peggy.

It is very wholesome and a big part of what makes KOTH work.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Cemetry Gator posted:

The lesson of that episode is that you need to be Dale to fight the bureaucracy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

What would hanks drag name be?

That was a rhetorical question to be clear. The answer is Sweet Lady Propane

It would be some random woman's name, and Peggy would be convinced that because he didn't choose "Peggy", it's a long lost lover he secretly pines for. At the end of the episode we find out it was the name he gave his first grill.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
His drag name would be Betsy, named after the guitar he took to the prom.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Guy asked me if I wanted honey mustard. I almost took a swing at 'em.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Guy asked me if I wanted honey mustard. I almost took a swing at 'em.

Long story short I got a good deal on classic yellow.

Probably my favorite KotH line after Cotton's "Good god you got a fat neck, Hank!"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That line is now soured for me cuz I imagine Mike Judge being one of the people scandalized by Obama wanting grey poupon on a burger once.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That line is now soured for me cuz I imagine Mike Judge being one of the people scandalized by Obama wanting grey poupon on a burger once.

The old dig on Bush 2 was pretty good. I mean, he's a Texan and a Republican and former governor, how could Hank possibly aaaeugh, his handshake--it's limp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64MkJ1fe46c

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Kahn and Minh breaking into Hank's house to do kinky roleplay is amazing

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheKingslayer posted:

Kahn and Minh breaking into Hank's house to do kinky roleplay is amazing

That episode also involves Cotton becoming a cop and getting crazy with his newfound authority isn't parody by today's standards!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

seiferguy posted:

That episode also involves Cotton becoming a cop and getting crazy with his newfound authority isn't parody by today's standards!

Ten-four, Manimal!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Souphanousinphones have the healthiest relationship of the show tbh. Kahn's more of an rear end in a top hat than Minh deserves but goddammit, it works. Kahn Jr is going to turn out better than any kid except maybe Good Hank.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah I'm sure GH will turn out fine lmao

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Everyone wants to bang in Hank's kitchen but Hank and Peggy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think maybe my favorite part of that whole thing is Kahn trying to get the video from Dale because its pretty good.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I like how the second Cotton is dead, Didi nopes the gently caress out of that situation to another man and wants nothing to do with any of them anymore lol

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The old dig on Bush 2 was pretty good. I mean, he's a Texan and a Republican and former governor, how could Hank possibly aaaeugh, his handshake--it's limp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64MkJ1fe46c

i wouldn't call myself old fashioned by any means, but this probably means that I am. A little limp ol' hand during a handshake is super weird. Like gently caress all that macho bullshit trying to squeeze hard, pull them near you. But a firm handshake just feels right.

Also, this is the absolute wrong thread for this, but how can I get my youtube Ad Blocker to work on embedded videos? Or can I? Or is there a work around? I don't get the full ads, just the stupid banners.

And pimp Hank was cool.

And when Cotton identified Khan as Laotian, was kind of a sweet moment.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

blight rhino posted:

Cotton's a lovely person, but he's a worldly lovely person.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

blight rhino posted:

i wouldn't call myself old fashioned by any means, but this probably means that I am. A little limp ol' hand during a handshake is super weird. Like gently caress all that macho bullshit trying to squeeze hard, pull them near you. But a firm handshake just feels right.

A good handshake is supposed to be a mark of mutual respect.
too hard means theyre trying to intimidate you, too limp it means they dont care about this social exchange
Its an old social custom for a reason, it lets you identify a person just from touching hands.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hihohe posted:

too hard means theyre trying to intimidate you, too limp it means they dont care about this social exchange
Its an old social custom for a reason, it lets you identify a person just from touching hands.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Hihohe posted:

My boss at my first office job was this schlubby middle manager who always squeezed as hard as he could and I still have a chuckle in my head when I think about it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

blight rhino posted:

Also, this is the absolute wrong thread for this, but how can I get my youtube Ad Blocker to work on embedded videos? Or can I? Or is there a work around? I don't get the full ads, just the stupid banners.

And pimp Hank was cool.

I have perfect adblocking working on youtube, I can watch whole movies with no ads. But it just will not seem to work on embeds, I think you're stuck with it.

I think Cotton recognized and respected Khan because he knew he must be anti-communist. Like if you're Cuban or Laotian and given US citizenship pretty sure you're fleeing communism. And if there's one thing Cotton hates it's commies. And nazi squazzies.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I have perfect adblocking working on youtube, I can watch whole movies with no ads. But it just will not seem to work on embeds, I think you're stuck with it.

I think Cotton recognized and respected Khan because he knew he must be anti-communist. Like if you're Cuban or Laotian and given US citizenship pretty sure you're fleeing communism. And if there's one thing Cotton hates it's commies. And nazi squazzies.

You forgot the tojos.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Clark kent smart as gently caress. Nobody would suspect a guy with cum on his glasses to be superman

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

appreciate both insights, dog

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If you're on Android get YouTube Vanced

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

Yeah, this, but I wish I could make it the default player.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

haljordan posted:

I'm getting an Android phone this weekend so thanks for the tip

blight rhino posted:

I have adblock and ublock origins on google chrome and I haven't seen an ad, embedded or otherwise, in years. But do I look like I know what a jay-peg is? For all I know one of those scripts is a loving malware farm for all I know lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hank Hill would never use adblock hth

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Milo and POTUS posted:

Do I look like a know what a hosts file is?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's the same as stealing! Bwaa!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Boomhauer had to tell Luanne's mom "No means No."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Y'see Bobby, this article doesn't require a login for me to read it. And the reason it doesn't is because these good folks here paid money to let me know about *Hank Hill slowly reading voice* "10 beach swimsuit they don't want you to see"?? *low level Hank Hill disgusted noise*

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Heh, yep, I was too busy to read it but apparently there's one weird trick to reverse baldness that doctors hate.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Damnit Dale, I'm not paying you 15 dollars a month for Gribble VPN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Damnit Dale, I'm not paying you 15 dollars a month for Gribble VPN.

lol