Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The new yellow / green GTI color is pretty interesting as well.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/r6wkr3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Oh, wow, a Phoenix Yellow successor, that's cool

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Rusty posted:

The new yellow / green GTI color is pretty interesting as well.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/r6wkr3

too bad they ruined the inside

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Woah I didn’t know the MK8’s were already showing up. I love that moon-whatever grey.

The interior though :(

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Warbird posted:

What’s the next step “up” from a GTI/R? I can get nearly what I paid for my 17 for trade in and something a touch larger would be nice now that the kid is here. What’s that sporty Audi sedan folks like?

The Golf R and the Audi S3 are basically the same car with different styling. You're not going to get a significant increase in space going from a GTI to an S3. Also worth noting the Golf R and S3/RS3 have the same FWD based Haldex AWD vs. the higher model Audis that all have the RWD biased quattro setup.

Personally, when I wanted to step up from my Focus ST I ended up in a B8 Audi S4 (2014) which before prices went crazy this year could be had in the mid-high 20s with lowish miles. Now they're mid 30s though. But it feels like a tremendous amount of car for the money and I've been very happy with it. I've got over 400hp in a car that doesn't have boy racer vibes

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

God I wish they hadn’t gotten stupid with the interior controls, otherwise I’d totally go get a R.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I was gonna get the 22 GTI until I saw people using the head unit in the reviews. Touch controls for volume are a deal breaker, no exceptions.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Rolo posted:

I was gonna get the 22 GTI until I saw people using the head unit in the reviews. Touch controls for volume are a deal breaker, no exceptions.

And those arent even backlit from watching the throttle house on it lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Was legit also looking at the new Rs since we had a brand new 2013 that was great to us. The interior controls completely obliterated it from possibility though. Just garbage.

Bought a Volvo wagon instead :v:

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I don't think you can even just buy an R, the dealer I talked to said they were all reserved months ago, and even the GTIs get sold before they hit the lot. But yeah, I agree the interior is a deal breaker anyway.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I recently did some shopping for WRX and STI’s and those are doing the same thing since they showed off the ugly-rear end 2022.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Rolo posted:

The 2022 S3 yellow is so good looking to me. Give me more yellow cars, hatchback god!

monkey’s paw curls

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Man that was soooo disappointing.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

Man that was soooo disappointing.

the desperate "INTEGRA!" decal on the side lol

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Winter is coming!

(I put winter wheels/tires on the remaining R53)

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

i hope they put a big red 1.5T badge on it

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
please Integra

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Styles Bitchley posted:

Reminds me of when I had a Mustang, you started noticing all the people putting 3.7L badges on their V6’s.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ok Comboomer posted:

please Integra

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Styles Bitchley posted:

Turbo VTEC decals on the sides. And I am so in.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
hell yeah McDonald’s checkout guy complimented my FiST :cool:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Ok Comboomer posted:

hell yeah McDonald’s checkout guy complimented my FiST :cool:

Hell yeah. We had a plumber come by and he goes "hey is that your GTI?" Cue 15 minute car nerd chat that I hopefully didn't get billed for

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

prom candy posted:

Hell yeah. We had a plumber come by and he goes "hey is that your GTI?" Cue 15 minute car nerd chat that I hopefully didn't get billed for

and today (yesterday?) some dude in his own FiST, with a bunch of aftermarket stuff and some OZs on it, pulled up next to me in a parking lot, wordlessly shot me a thumbs up, and then drove away

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Off topic but does my hawkeye WRX wagon count as a hatch or should I find a hot wagon thread.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Idk about on topic for the thread but I would absolutely be down for a wild wagon or lovely/lustful longroof or expeditious estate thread

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
I believe wagons are totally allowed and encouraged here and all over AI, so :justpost:.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

In the mid 90s I helped open a coffee shop, and in exchange for a month worth of demo and construction the owners offered me the choice of either an 85 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser wagon in two tone brown or a tan 83 Rabbit. I chose the Rabbit because it was way more fun to drive, but part of me always regrets not going with the wagon.

Wagons, hatches, both are good

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The Pontiac Vibe GT, a classic Toyota, was classed as a wagon. It’s all about perspective, man.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Hey we've got a wagon:

Debatable if its 'hot' or not but it does have more power than our 2013 Golf R and since there are what, two? One? Hot wagons you can even get in the USA I'd argue that a not-lifted, not-plastic-cladded wagon of any kind counts. ESPECIALLY if its red :colbert:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Wagons are just long hatchbacks

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KakerMix posted:

Hey we've got a wagon:

Debatable if its 'hot' or not but it does have more power than our 2013 Golf R and since there are what, two? One? Hot wagons you can even get in the USA I'd argue that a not-lifted, not-plastic-cladded wagon of any kind counts. ESPECIALLY if its red :colbert:

That's a drat fine steed you have there :swoon:

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

KakerMix posted:

Hey we've got a wagon:

Man, all we had growing up were wagon after wagon, and this volvo is just making me realize how much I miss seeing wagons.

Ugh, that looks so much better than a crossover it hurts.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

prom candy posted:

Wagons are just long hatchbacks

Dachshunds to the hot hatches’ Jack Russells, or something.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Maybe a crossover is just a hatchback or wagon with more ground clearance?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

fat hatch

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
what weight/hp would make a hatch hot?

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

hhhmm

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Styles Bitchley posted:

Maybe a crossover is just a hatchback or wagon with more ground clearance?

I mean yes thats basically exactly what they are, also add dumb plastic cladding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
thicc hatch