Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know why people are having issues with Val wanting Hawkeye dead. She is evil, works for evil people, and Clint is a good guy and also someone that might stop her evil plans, and she has the oppetunity to get who is probably the best spy/assassin on earth to do it for her.

I don't think we need to learn some deep motivation for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Ignis posted:

Did Hawkeye just ship Kate off back home without actually taking the Rolex off her? Cuz that's some major oversight

No I think that he knew exactly what he was doing there and shows how important it actually is to him that he removed it from the area.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The whole show kind of makes me wonder who was in charge of cleaning up the avengers base wreckage.

I bet it was Rocket.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Pugh got blocked from posting pictures of this week's episode on Instagram after it came out. It's funny to think Feige's Machiavellian control over everything did this but it sounds like she got flagged by fans.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

Pugh got blocked from posting pictures of this week's episode on Instagram after it came out. It's funny to think Feige's Machiavellian control over everything did this but it sounds like she got flagged by fans.

Have you ever read people objecting to spoilers? Specifically how much fear and loathing they direct at people who posted said spoilers? I have zero problem believing that would happen.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I learned a long time ago to not go on any website with user created content before watching a new episode of an MCU show because the algorithm will for sure spoil something.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

twistedmentat posted:

I don't know why people are having issues with Val wanting Hawkeye dead. She is evil, works for evil people, and Clint is a good guy and also someone that might stop her evil plans, and she has the oppetunity to get who is probably the best spy/assassin on earth to do it for her.

I don't think we need to learn some deep motivation for that.

I dunno about people having issues with Val and Hawkeye, but Yalena mad at Hawkeye for Natasha's death is pretty stupid.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

live with fruit posted:

I learned a long time ago to not go on any website with user created content before watching a new episode of an MCU show because the algorithm will for sure spoil something.

For me it's Google News and I loving hate it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

External Organs posted:

For me it's Google News and I loving hate it.

"Big Name actor has been REPLACED and the fans are FREAKING OUT" (someone else was cast for 5 seconds of voice work in a "what if")

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kazil posted:

I dunno about people having issues with Val and Hawkeye, but Yalena mad at Hawkeye for Natasha's death is pretty stupid.

She's already got Walker so maybe Val's thing is collecting idiots.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

"Big Name actor has been REPLACED and the fans are FREAKING OUT" (someone else was cast for 5 seconds of voice work in a "what if")

Yeah I can't believe Brie Larsen has been replaced so many times. Captain Marvel is a true ship of theseus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can definitely see some farmhouse finale in the works.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kazil posted:

Why? Yelena doesn't know anything about Clint except that he was in the Avengers with her, and maybe that he was also a SHIELD agent. From the arrow marks in the safehouse, she can assume that he fought Natasha before. If she thinks it was just a job to him, which is what she's used to thinking, then it's not a stretch that someone like Val could fabricate a story that makes it look like Clint was still an assassin and killed Natasha.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna get settled quickly anyway. Then we'll get Kate and Yelena as BFFs who go on to recruit the next generation of Avengers.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The big thing about the Black Widow was Natasha freeing everyone from brainwashing. For Yelena to blindly do what the next person tells her would undercut the advancements the movie made.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

live with fruit posted:

The big thing about the Black Widow was Natasha freeing everyone from brainwashing. For Yelena to blindly do what the next person tells her would undercut the advancements the movie made.

As others pointed out, she had a chance to just shoot him and didn't take it. Seems like she wants to get some information out of him first, like "hey, what the gently caress happened?" and "did you really kill her?"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Why? Yelena doesn't know anything about Clint except that he was in the Avengers with her, and maybe that he was also a SHIELD agent. From the arrow marks in the safehouse, she can assume that he fought Natasha before. If she thinks it was just a job to him, which is what she's used to thinking, then it's not a stretch that someone like Val could fabricate a story that makes it look like Clint was still an assassin and killed Natasha.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna get settled quickly anyway. Then we'll get Kate and Yelena as BFFs who go on to recruit the next generation of Avengers.

If Yalena can't understand an operative going on a deadly mission and not making it back then maybe she is a giant moron.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
After all that, Marvel puts out a trailer that's largely clips of Yelena from the rest of the season

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kazil posted:

If Yalena can't understand an operative going on a deadly mission and not making it back then maybe she is a giant moron.

I don't think anyone knows what the Avengers did, because then people would be freaking out about time travel.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Someone says that Black Widow died saving the world and fighting Thanos, so the world definitely doesn't seem to know the details.

Either that, or members of the general public are all being very poetic about her death.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

I don't think anyone knows what the Avengers did, because then people would be freaking out about time travel.

I've wondered if Ant-Man's jump in popularity since Endgame is cause people know he was the one who figured it out.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

live with fruit posted:

For Yelena to blindly do what the next person tells her would undercut the advancements the movie made.

You've explained the entire MCU pretty succinctly. They always undercut the advancements past movies made, usually in the first minute of the next one. E.g. Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron, or Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

live with fruit posted:

She spoiled it for me too, but I didn't lose my mind. I was actually more stoked to watch the episode after but LOL I knew "fans" would do this.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Clint and Natasha are established Avengers due to the events in New York. They are also established due to the events in Sokovia. People with knowledge know they are friends, but the general population knows they are teammates at least.

Half the world turns to dust. Avengers do *something* and that half comes back. This is also well established and known.

Now, Val says Hawkeye was with Nat when she died. Now, Yalena can assume all the worst about Clint just from Val but that would completely erase any growth she had from the movie and also make her a giant complete idiot.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

kazil posted:

Now, Val says Hawkeye was with Nat when she died. Now, Yalena can assume all the worst about Clint just from Val but that would completely erase any growth she had from the movie and also make her a giant complete idiot.

Val specifically says that he is her "target" and the "man responsible for your sister's death."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Val specifically says that he is her "target" and the "man responsible for your sister's death."

And why should Yalena accept this without question?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Probably they will bring back "the shot I didn't take" with Yelena and Clint conclusion to wrap it up in a neat little MCU bowtie, then break for Christmas dinner.

As to Yelena not questioning poo poo, idk, that for sure undercuts her introduction in Black Widow. Or she has another motive all her own.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

We also didn't see the start of the rooftop fight, only hearing it from Kate's POV. Clint even says he thinks the figure on the roof is Maya. Yel might not have initiated the fight at all.

My guess is we'll start next week with a different POV and get clarity on the subject.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You know what would be really awful and make me actually hate this show? If Yelena just doesn't pop up anymore in the last two episodes. Imagine, that short fight was all they got her for.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

You know what would be really awful and make me actually hate this show? If Yelena just doesn't pop up anymore in the last two episodes. Imagine, that short fight was all they got her for.

She has at least two more lines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmIDwZ78jBg

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Is Santa a real thing in the marvel comics because if so I can't wait for those final credits.

Maybe Santa will be revealed to be a doom bot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I love her!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

And yukking it up so I'm guessing they squash the beef.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This is the best.
https://twitter.com/bestofpugh/status/1468832036614025216

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

And the follow up

https://twitter.com/bestofpugh/status/1468911982946435072

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I was annoyed when the last episode ended and it was only at like 34 mins, I got spoiled by the longer episodes of Loki + Falcon/WS. Lotta fun stuff but I want a lot more, feels like they are gonna be sprinting to the finish line over the next two weeks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Firebert posted:

I was annoyed when the last episode ended and it was only at like 34 mins, I got spoiled by the longer episodes of Loki + Falcon/WS. Lotta fun stuff but I want a lot more, feels like they are gonna be sprinting to the finish line over the next two weeks.

Yeah the episodes have been shorter and shorter each week, kinda a bummer but I hope they get longer again

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

pik_d posted:

Yeah the episodes have been shorter and shorter each week, kinda a bummer but I hope they get longer again

They will in about two weeks.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

What's the next MCU tv show anyway?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

External Organs posted:

What's the next MCU tv show anyway?

They haven't said. It was supposed to be Ms. Marvel, but it's possible if Moon Knight or She-Hulk are done, they might put one of them out first. This way Ms. Marvel can be closer to when The Marvels comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Moon Knight already has finished footage and a teaser they showed last month at the investors meeting; so it's a strong candidate to be next. If they go by order of announcement, then it will be Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk.