Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
There's something to be said for worsening conditions driving crime but I'm pretty sure it's just understaffed stores can't easily stop shoplifting. I just watched a video of a guy walking into a store, noticing all staff was nowhere to be seen and walked out with a bunch of poo poo with the SF blowhard who posted it going PACIFIC HEIGHTS IS NOW THE HOOD STORE OWNERS NEED TO ADJUST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

youd suck his weird hog while he chowed down on two chicago styles for sure

Are you saying you wouldn't suck his dick? Seems kinda gay to be choosy about what men you blow imo.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I've sucked some dicks but I don't got like preferences and poo poo

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

A Russian troll farm posted:

I could listen to Slavoj read a phone book

*sniff* Aaron A. Aaro.. *sniff* I am shorry I musht pause here to make a comment, becaushe *sniff*, my gott, you have heard of the joke of the man who goesh to hish doctor and shays...

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
how about suckoj medick

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
jk I always like listening to him

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I thought the Zizek interview was good.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Shipon posted:

felix you really need to throw out some pity likes, these former reply guys turned haters are annoying as gently caress

these people just want to be republicans but not be yelled at for it

"scorned Chapo reply guy" is the origin story for so many lovely people on twitter

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Just checking in on what ended up happening with those people I called grifters and got mercilessly flamed over.

Jimmy Dore is now a horse paste salesman.
Briahna Joy Gray is now bank rolled by Peter Thiel.

Who could have ever imagined this??

xtal has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Dec 9, 2021

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shipon posted:

defund the police and all but anyone with a bio like this deserves to be put in a reeducation camp

how can u visit half the earth and be broke? the gently caress lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I wish i were one of zizek friends telling him poo poo about where i live

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

There's something to be said for worsening conditions driving crime but I'm pretty sure it's just understaffed stores can't easily stop shoplifting. I just watched a video of a guy walking into a store, noticing all staff was nowhere to be seen and walked out with a bunch of poo poo with the SF blowhard who posted it going PACIFIC HEIGHTS IS NOW THE HOOD STORE OWNERS NEED TO ADJUST

I like going to bars, listening to blowhards like this, then just laughing and saying I wish I was cool enough to steal poo poo like that

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

fits my needs posted:

how can u visit half the earth and be broke? the gently caress lol

he says he was *raised* broke, and now he's almost in the 1%, so i guess he must feel very secure in his persons and possessions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

I like going to bars, listening to blowhards like this, then just laughing and saying I wish I was cool enough to steal poo poo like that

retail clothing has pretty universally returned to unmonitored dressing rooms so now's the time to start filling out that wardrobe

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Truly, we are in a golden age of shoplifting.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Truly, we are in a golden age of shoplifting.

when my home depot switched over to primarily self-serve checkout lines, they may as well have changed all the prices on those little bins in the hardware aisle to FREE

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

when my home depot switched over to primarily self-serve checkout lines, they may as well have changed all the prices on those little bins in the hardware aisle to FREE

lmao we're the same person

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

lmao we're the same person

Let's get patches for our jackets that say "NOT ONE CENT FOR A $2 BOLT"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

*cashier looks at giant stack of bricks in cart*

"how many ya got?"

"seven"

"got it"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
this is an advanced technique if you ever need to get hardwood from there that they charge like $9/ft for: just grab a tag from a 2x4 so you have something to scan that doesn't set off the "hey this needs to get measured" prompt

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
life hack: if you want something but don’t want to spend the money to buy it, just take it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i am first and foremost a coward so i haven't done it but i have gone into CVSs where i could not find a single employee for the life of me. looked everywhere. empty. i could have have loaded up a cart full of poo poo and walked out the door and they'd only notice if anyone bothered to look at the security tapes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

start small. steal something that easily goes into the pocket like batteries or a patreon episode

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

xtal posted:

Just checking in on what ended up happening with those people I called grifters and got mercilessly flamed over.

Jimmy Dore is now a horse paste salesman.
Briahna Joy Gray is now bank rolled by Peter Thiel.

Who could have ever imagined this??

and your boy robert evans stole the phrase "the cool zone" from the dirtbag left for an entirely new and unsuccessful podcast universe, funded by sinclair media

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Centrist Committee posted:

I feel the same way about the "They just get free money for nothing, unlike us working men, who have to pay for what they have!" types complaining about welfare.

poo poo, son, if it's that easy, why aren't you doing it? Are you a moron?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

and your boy robert evans stole the phrase "the cool zone" from the dirtbag left for an entirely new and unsuccessful podcast universe, funded by sinclair media

to be fair it is the end goal of every anarchist to become a paid cia asset, as opposed to an unpaid one

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

I unsubscribed from that one a long time ago when I got tired of the ads for the navy

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It's funny how matt and zizek talked about the carnation revolution and how people here feel about it; either too little or too much or not care really

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
9 out 10 people would not know what the gently caress the Carnation revolution was if you asked them.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

xtal posted:

I unsubscribed from that one a long time ago when I got tired of the ads for the navy

Lmao is this real?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

9 out 10 people would not know what the gently caress the Carnation revolution was if you asked them.

well for the context i meant here as in where it happened

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

30.5 Days posted:

crime is going up across the board. Rural crime, urban crime, petty to grand theft, homocides, whatever. Now the more conservative or moral panic media is going oh wow see this is what LIBS wanted with DEFUND THE POLICE! Nordstroms is no longer safe!! and all the Nextdoor baby bombers clutching their pearls in terror like it's 9/11 all over again.

libs by contrary are doing the dumb reactionary crt-esque poo poo where they go lalala no it's actually not! crime doesn't exist! actually everything is fine! how dare you? because libs specifically do not want to acknowledge massive declining material conditions and that their boys in charge are loving up just as badly as everyone else predicted. lib policies have led to declining conditions.

so yes, crime is going up and it's entirely predictable in an atomized society of declining conditions. and although left may like to think there's some class conscience component to it, there is not. people don't look at a lovely beater car that they're yoinking the catalytic converter from and think "oh boy i hope this guy doesnt have to drive to 2 different jobs and he'll get fired if he's 5 minutes late": it's just easy dollars. infact, poorer people are easier marks for crime because its often easier to steal from older cars and of course they're a nobody in society so who cares.

crime usually affects the poorer-to-slightly poorer the hardest and most; it's like a backed up toilet in the basement that floods the house with sewage starting from the ground to the attic -- and did I mention the rich are parked in a zepplin tethered 5000 ft above the house?

anyways nordstrom WoW raids are very funny headlines and no one should be worried about nordstroms, but it's just another visible symptom of a country that's gone septic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

well for the context i meant here as in where it happened

u sure?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

well i wasnt there but peope told me it happened
im not going to assume they lying

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the defund the police -> more crime thing is real silly kuz we didnt defund the police at all and in fact are funding them more than ever before lol. *taps forehead*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

well i wasnt there but peope told me it happened
im not going to assume they lying

and now u do what they told ya

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

the defund the police -> more crime thing is real silly kuz we didnt defund the police at all and in fact are funding them more than ever before lol. *taps forehead*
ya thats why its funny because it's hilariously wrong but that's intentional

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I cringe every time Danny Bessner says “as leftists, we…” and I suspect Matt does too

It's entirely possible this is just wishful thinking, but I get the impression that Matt is extremely unwilling to openly disagree with cohosts and will just sort of ignore or mildly agree with stuff that he'd never actually say on his own. Like when Chris starts talking about Teddy Roosevelt being an epic boss and Matt is just like "yeah"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

It's entirely possible this is just wishful thinking, but I get the impression that Matt is extremely unwilling to openly disagree with cohosts and will just sort of ignore or mildly agree with stuff that he'd never actually say on his own. Like when Chris starts talking about Teddy Roosevelt being an epic boss and Matt is just like "yeah"

i think its ok to talk about teddy & also lbj being fairly loving epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
knowing lbj had a massive hog is the stuff of nightmares