Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

quote:

It’s about a group of people, some of whom are convinced they’re in the West Wing, some who have designs to be in House of Cards and at least one who knows they’re in Veep.

Sold sold sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jiro posted:

I hadn't thought that Warlock would be a "Trickster Titan" that's an interesting wrinkle. But then again if it was Warlock doing that, wouldn't that mean he's effectively loving over everyone?

And future Omega Sentinel is just some weird future mega racist cyborg? Or am I interpreting that wrong? This being wants that future where humanity gets absorbed into the mega structures of the Phalanx Gods right?

it was the same conflict as always, but her side lost that time.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Sentinel Red posted:

Sold sold sold.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Does anyone else hear Mentok - The Mind Taker oooohweeeooohh whenever Sinister is talking?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I hear Matt Berry.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How Wonderful! posted:

I hear Matt Berry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsriu6a_ukw

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

As a kid I thought Mr Sinister was Colossus turned evil (they're both tall and have chrome-y white skin, you see) so I still hear a Russian accent in my head whenever I read his lines. :ussr:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hellions is the saddest I've been about a comic in a long time. They all (except for Empath and Sinister) deserved better.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hellions truly was something special. Mad respect.

Jiro posted:

Does anyone else hear Mentok - The Mind Taker oooohweeeooohh whenever Sinister is talking?

Not entirely, but close enough for me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JordanKai posted:

As a kid I thought Mr Sinister was Colossus turned evil (they're both tall and have chrome-y white skin, you see) so I still hear a Russian accent in my head whenever I read his lines. :ussr:
Hello did you write "Earth X"?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I read the spoilers because usually I can patiently wait the three months for the stories to get to Unlimited and don't mind learning what's coming ahead, but drat I may need to go grab the last few of Hellions it sounds like.

Endless Mike posted:

Hello did you write "Earth X"?

Beat me to it. I remember reading something that when originally pitched, those _ X books were meant to establish the official creation canon but I always imagine the point where they changed their mind on that was that particular twist.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Jiro posted:

I hadn't thought that Warlock would be a "Trickster Titan" that's an interesting wrinkle. But then again if it was Warlock doing that, wouldn't that mean he's effectively loving over everyone?

And future Omega Sentinel is just some weird future mega racist cyborg? Or am I interpreting that wrong? This being wants that future where humanity gets absorbed into the mega structures of the Phalanx Gods right?

She's from the future of this timeline, not from one of Moira's other lives. She doesn't know about that future. She just knows that mutants ran roughshod over every challenge thrown at them up to and including the Phalanx and that she doesn't want to see that future.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 9, 2021

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Yesssssssssssss

Someone do the Sickos meme but Sinister pls

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

About time someone got it right.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Adder Moray posted:

She's from the future of this timeline, not from one of Moira's other lives. She doesn't know about that future. She just knows that mutants ran roughshod over every challenge thrown at them up to and including the Phalanx and that she doesn't want to see that future.

Is the child of the sun Sunspot? I feel like that’s something Hickman would do. There’s also someone looking like Deathbird behind him.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Probably might end up being Sunspot's actual child, if anything. I feel like that'd be Hickmanesque as well.

Vulcan also crossed my mind.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Gotta say, the revelation from Omega Sentinel that the Moira-life that we all kinda assumed, reading HoX/PoX, was a devastating loss for mutants was actually the future where the mutants always won was kinda neat

E: oh wait, no - that was referring to this timeline jesus Christ this gets complicated

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Only Way Is Essex

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I could not get the thought out of my head.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Cape sickos be like that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought the original image was Sarah Palin giving Mr. Sinister a Nobel Peace Prize which is certainly a different reality.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, I don't really know where Hickman is taking all of this. Or what his plans were.

Like I can't imagine that Mystique and Destiny would kill Moira again, because they know that it would reset this reality. So maybe they're going to sort of take over the main spots on the council where Magneto and Xavier were.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Man, I don't really know where Hickman is taking all of this. Or what his plans were.

Like I can't imagine that Mystique and Destiny would kill Moira again, because they know that it would reset this reality. So maybe they're going to sort of take over the main spots on the council where Magneto and Xavier were.

So Destiny is a clairvoyant, not only does she see giant foreboding black hole future in Moira's presence or whatever, but ALSO sees like oh gently caress a Nimrod that's more powerful than the original, and an Omega Sentinel with future knowledge, oh yeah and mutants are just smacking Techno Gods around and flourishing even while putting humanity under their boot heel which is usually what bad guy villains sort of want to do regardless of if they are human or mutant...........yep this sure sounds pretty bad better stop this.

That all being said I really really REALLY enjoy it when Charles is smacked around for his hubris, Beast too maybe more so, because he NEVER loving learns, it almost makes me think the Maker theories from the very beginning were on point. Overall I'm enjoying everything going on, but start to get nervous when writers start using busted characters like Destiny and have her just be :smug: the entire time in an "all according to how I have forseen" kinda poo poo.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I just wanna see more hot magneto.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i liked how they clarified why the current nimrod is far more impressive than the original version.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Moira gonna go into a pit i think

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i liked how they clarified why the current nimrod is far more impressive than the original version.

Having just recently finished Second Coming... good. They nerfed the poo poo out of Nimrod(s) in that.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Onto Curse of the Mutants in our X-Read group and I think X-Men vs. Vampires #1 is the most batshit comic I've ever read.

Story 1: Husk is starts making out with a vampire and kills a bunch of them. Not a great look to use a teen girl to draw out bloodsuckers but compared to what comes next... it's tame.

Story 2: Dazzler is at a bar looking for vampires (!?!) and gets hit on by some creep who followers her out and HE'S attacked by vampires but then she chases the vamp to a... vampire disco. It's revealed they've just been hanging at a disco for a few decades and oh then Dazzler just kinda straight up murders the first vampire in front of them and the rest just turn to mist and leave.

Story 3: Oh boy. Rogue runs into some vamps, kills one. Then some good vampire shows up to save her. The Good Vamp is all like "I knew you'd be back!" and Rogue is like "wtf ru talking about" and he tells a story about how the loving KKK KILLED HIS LOVER BECAUSE HE WAS A POC AND SHE WASN'T SO HE "SOUGHT OUT A MAN... A MAN WITH A SOUL FAR DARKER THAN MY SKIN."

It is very important to note that the coloring in this story does not do a good job of showing this vampire as a person of color, which made the KKK reveal and that particular line extremely confusing.

Anyway, this dude thinks Rogue is his lover reincarnated but the twist is... It's not Rogue! It's No Girl who has taken over Rogue's body (?!?!) and Ernst shows up with No Girl's brain. And this guy is all like, "Can I still make you a vampire?" And No Girl is all "Um no this isn't my body I probably shouldn't do that." So instead the vampire dude just lets No Girl cut off his head using Rogue's body.

I am not making any of this up. This is a real story published in a real X-Men comic.

Story 4: Magneto, Scott, and Logan are killing some vampires but one of them turns out to be ONE OF MAGNETOS CHILDHOOD FRIENDS WHO WAS NOT TAKEN TO THE NAZI CAMPS BECAUSE HIS GROUP WAS ATTACKED BY VAMPIRES FIRST. Just... wth man.

Just loving bonkers poo poo.

danbanana fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 10, 2021

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

X-Men vampire stories are among my absolute favorites because they're so many of them and it just makes no sense and also makes perfect loving sense.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
How hot is Magneto in this story?

NM, found it. 6/10 hot, that'll do.

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 10, 2021

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

rantmo posted:

X-Men vampire stories are among my absolute favorites because they're so many of them and it just makes no sense and also makes perfect loving sense.

The main story has a captured Dracula be like "Hey, Storm. You're still looking fiiiiiine." It's great.

The 2nd issue of XvV includes Gambit hunting motorcycle riding BDSM vampire ladies on horseback, a really awesome Spurrier joint with Rockslide and Moby Dick vampire whales (legit great story with awesome Walta art), and a suuuuuuuuper sexist Chaykin Xian story. I know that seems repetitive given Chaykin but holy hell it is loving baaaad.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

No X-Men villain worth their salt fails to fall in love with Storm.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rantmo posted:

No X-Men villain worth their salt fails to fall in love with Storm.

Her name means Beauty!

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Moira is afraid of Destiny because she intends to create the formula again and use it on herself. She didn't want Destiny coming after her like last time. It's still personal, she still hates her, which is why she wanted to go so far as permanently backspacing her, but it's also because she was afraid that context wouldn't matter and Destiny would come for her.

It just clicked.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Men vampire stories are way better than X-Men space stories

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Adder Moray posted:

Moira is afraid of Destiny because she intends to create the formula again and use it on herself. She didn't want Destiny coming after her like last time. It's still personal, she still hates her, which is why she wanted to go so far as permanently backspacing her, but it's also because she was afraid that context wouldn't matter and Destiny would come for her.

It just clicked.

Yeah this is the most obvious out at this point. It's the only solution to the situation without another reset, and the problem with another reset is there's only one issue left to explain it all.

Again: every time she dies, trillions die with her and it is extremely hosed up.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men vampire stories are way better than X-Men space stories

Curse of the Mutants ends with the slaughter of hundreds (thousands?) of sentient beings by the X-Men. It is loving insane.

Also, X-Men space stories include the first brood story (great) and the end of Dark Phoenix.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

danbanana posted:

Yeah this is the most obvious out at this point. It's the only solution to the situation without another reset, and the problem with another reset is there's only one issue left to explain it all.

Again: every time she dies, trillions die with her and it is extremely hosed up.

Do they die? Or does time just rewind back to the moment of her birth????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Jiro posted:

Do they die? Or does time just rewind back to the moment of her birth????

There's textual references to her destroying everything and I'm pretty sure Hickman confirmed in interviews.

But even if it's a "rewind," she is erasing entire multiverses to start again and in doing so erasing ALL THE LIVES.

Never getting that rumored Moira book means never actually dealing with her character, which sucks.