Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i doubt the audience (me) who liked Armageddon knows the difference between an asteroid and a comet

and comets have heck of gas

yeah, drilling into a comet would probably be closer to what a rigger would have to deal with. but also still massively, massively different in ways they'd have no experience with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i enjoyed the commentary for the tenacious d movie. it is a bad movie and they come across as kind of embarrassed by their lack of preparation in it.

there's a baffling scene where a bunch of cars peel out with a bunch of sorority girls in them, and one of the ladies leans out of the window and pulls up her shirt. it's an R-rated comedy, so in any normal movie she would be flashing her tits, but in this movie she is wearing a bra. in the commentary we learn that none of the producers asked if the actresses were willing to show boob on screen while casting them, so this was the compromise they reached on the day they were shooting, when they realized nobody was willing to do a topless scene.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Well that sucks

https://twitter.com/70sscifi/status/1469038392025378816?s=20

RIP to a real one

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

fear and loathing with hunter s thompson ranting and swearing and trying to get terry gilliam on the phone during it.
and probably pooping his pants in between homophobic slurs

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jonny 290 posted:

it was literally the first poirot thing ive ever watched but i enjoyed the character, though they did to my understanding change his neuroses a bit he's OCD now instead of just a picky annoying type. i still enjoyed it and there were chuckles, gasps and thinking faces all around last night (i wasnt familiar with the story plot so legit got got by the twist)

the next one comes out feb 11 looks like

britbox has most of the suchet poirot series if you want more, they are worth the watch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i secured the full run last night but thank you!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
now you can say "yeah good one poirot" instead of 'no poo poo sherlock"

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

and probably pooping his pants in between homophobic slurs

it’s pretty much him screaming slurs and drinking while trying to get Johnny Depp on the phone

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Laserdisc-era Arnold commentaries are golden, before he had political ambitions he was stoned out of his gourd for the tapings.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i liked the commentaries for scrubs. they're not really noteworthy just well done which is kind of rare. the cast are all nice to each other and don't appear to hate doing commentary

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the short-lived clerks cartoon has some good commentary, as does futurama

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the short-lived clerks cartoon

funnier than it had any right to be

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

clerks cartoon is good because it's rude without being cruel

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

SmokaDustbowl posted:

just like Raphael, cool but rude

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rip bebop lol

we knew it was coming but still

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i have been watching lot of romantic anime

i think smoka's at fault for this?

(thank you)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

rip bebop lol

we knew it was coming but still
did they even do the whole plot arc of the original?

I'll never really understand why it was made in the first place, sometimes it's as simple as someone who bought an option for an adaptation that's about to expire desperation pitching it and netflix clearly has no taste [and billions of dollars]

qirex fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 10, 2021

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

matti posted:

i have been watching lot of romantic anime

i think smoka's at fault for this?

(thank you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN8Rlp3Oi94

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

qirex posted:

I'll never really understand why it was made in the first place, sometimes it's as simple as someone who bought an option for an adaptation pitching it and netflix clearly has no taste
Netflix buys a lot of poo poo that's already been made and slaps "A Netflix Original" on the front. Like that poo poo-awful Michelle Wolf show that while ostensibly being made for Netflix still had commercial breaks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Truman Peyote posted:

there's a baffling scene where a bunch of cars peel out with a bunch of sorority girls in them, and one of the ladies leans out of the window and pulls up her shirt. it's an R-rated comedy, so in any normal movie she would be flashing her tits, but in this movie she is wearing a bra. in the commentary we learn that none of the producers asked if the actresses were willing to show boob on screen while casting them, so this was the compromise they reached on the day they were shooting, when they realized nobody was willing to do a topless scene.

Maybe they were just Canadians?

Nws maybe if you work for mormons

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/YM8tDmY

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I'll never really understand why it was made in the first place, sometimes it's as simple as someone who bought an option for an adaptation that's about to expire desperation pitching it and netflix clearly has no taste [and billions of dollars]

i think they thought they were actually making a good thing but it turned out they made a really bad thing instead.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

It's Keven Smith, it exists more than it has any right to

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r3ibeog9Bs1sytd81.mp4

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i appreciated it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

qirex posted:

nowhere close, the big stinger at the end of season 1 is ed shows up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

haveblue posted:

nowhere close, the big stinger at the end of season 1 is ed shows up

how many seasons are there in total

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://i.imgur.com/e7LVR10.mp4

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
original was 26 eps. idk how much that maps but no it'll forever be a 1/3 of a show fail effort we look back and chuckle at

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
live-action remake of a show people like is a pretty easy sell. seems to work like a charm in japan

never watched any of the new bebop myself, though. vaguely watching through the original series, because i’d only ever caught bits and pieces out of order

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
on the upside, this clears the path for the live action evangelion remake starring scarjo as gendo

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Jonny 290 posted:

i secured the full run last night but thank you!

You and your little grey cells are in for a treat, Mon Cherie.

and for my money, Suchet‘s Poirot is the perfect balance of neuroses that you can’t tell if some of them are real meltdowns because his routines / rituals are messed up or if he’s just a grumpy old rich dude. a bit more likeable than the book, which may be due to the help of Hugh Fraser’s Captain Hastings, who is the epitome of the Edwardian Charming Rich Doofus.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

good commentaries:

the sum of all fears with Tom Clancy bitching about all the ways they hosed up his book.

fear and loathing with hunter s thompson ranting and swearing and trying to get terry gilliam on the phone during it

most of the Simpsons DVDs.

Star Trek 2 with Nicholas Meyer talking about how he didn’t care about Star Trek lore which enabled him to fix the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBhE8JOcLE

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/LateNightNelly/status/1468319016733212674

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

oh my god bear is driving how can that be?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
neo don't hang up, we don't have to talk about the matrix

we could talk about... stuff... your favorite bands... chicks who've broken our hearts... the matrix

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:getin:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

KidDynamite posted:

oh my god bear is driving how can that be?

for the longest time i thought i had hallucinated that, turns out i saw the clerks cartoon while really high or something and subsequently forgot that it existed

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

infernal machines posted:

for the longest time i thought i had hallucinated that, turns out i saw the clerks cartoon while really high or something and subsequently forgot that it existed

often a pretty good feeling to discover that more things than you expected are actually real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

often a pretty good feeling to discover that more things than you expected are actually real

one time a butterfly had a dream like this