Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

This is the most business-brained poo poo I've ever seen. WHY WOULD ANYONE USE THIS???

Ship your way
After we onboard your products, you can accept orders and fulfil them ready for shipping to your customers locally or internationally.

-(it sounds like you are responsible for shipping the product itself- so what exactly does egeez do other than decide if you are worthy to sell on this "marketplace"?)

Geolocate your fans
Trusted users access egeez marketplace dedicated to global licensed brands whenever, wherever. Boost your visibility with fans in the grid geo-located. Add as many shipping locations.

-(this seems to mean that you can ship to anyone who orders? kind of an easy thing for egeez to tout if they aren't the ones actually fulfilling the orders. "You mean I'm personally on the hook for getting this thing 'whenever, wherever'?? Wow!!")

Maximize visibility with
Artificial Intelligence
Every cartoon or celebrity has fans worldwide. Our entergaging AI predicts the IP statistics per region such as popularity, ranking, sales, fan base, and more in order to target your licensed products to the right fans who will buy. You just ship!

-(again- I just ship? is this purely a marketing service? was this the same science that led Nathen to choose Garfield based solely of how much the license makes?)

Retain your
customers
egeez is your digital marketplace that will act on your behalf to automatically remind customers of your products with our creative content generator and social media expertise.

-(translation: Nathen will shill your product in an Instagram story which will probably make people less willing to buy it. The whole "Garfield is celibate" thing is so insane on its face I can't even attempt to exaggerate or parody it.)

Tailored Dashboard
Access your egeez reports, sales, orders, and more to make enhanced decision making with your licensor, marketing team, & manufacturer as you learn on the go about your licensed products.

-(I guess it would kind of suck if they didn't let you see how few people are buying through the platform, but ultimately what I'm wondering is how much they take off or add on to every order)

Overall the word I would choose is "upsetting". He doesn't seem like a malicious guy but I really don't see the value in any of these ventures. The truth is none of these things- egeez, GarfieldEATS, Scooby EATS, whatever- have a reason to exist.

Load with debt, falsify profits, extract dividends, sell the company to morons. It probably isn't even technically illegal in the UAE as long as the princelings get their cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

EGeez sounds like it's born under the assumption that IP owners make their own action figures and poo poo and then licensors have to buy them and sell them. This is incredibly backwards and seems far too stupid to exist in the real world but it's the only strategy I can rationally divine from his bullshit corporatespeak. There's just nothing there.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Also, EGreeze is a really stupid name. Even by tech company standards.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

This is incredibly backwards and seems far too stupid to exist in the real world but it's the only strategy I can rationally divine from his bullshit corporatespeak. There's just nothing there.

That perfectly describes every business venture Nathen has come up with.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

EGeez sounds like it's born under the assumption that IP owners make their own action figures and poo poo and then licensors have to buy them and sell them. This is incredibly backwards and seems far too stupid to exist in the real world but it's the only strategy I can rationally divine from his bullshit corporatespeak. There's just nothing there.
it's a product that is designed for nathans.

think about it - you've just become the youngest ever licensee for marmaduke, what do you do? you log on egeez, tell it what products you have, then you switch back over to instagram to begin the entergagement, secure in the knowledge that behind the scenes ??? is happening without ever having to set up your own storefront or metrics or account management. your 'business' will practically run itself!

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
andycappBEATs

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Cathy EEKs

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Aren't all these functions just standard e-commerce stuff you get opening your own shop on like, Etsy too?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Aren't all these functions just standard e-commerce stuff you get opening your own shop on like, Etsy too?

but do you think of Etsy when you think of Mickey Mouse? :dukedoge:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Garfield, Scooby Doo (and Mickey Mouse for that matter) are all great examples of legacy media characters that make millions (billions?) for their respective owners but they aren't really part of contemporary culture like, at all. They go decades without appearing anything so the adoration for them is mostly residual/lack of pushback to marketing- they're an easy thing to slap on to any product to move it. Nobody hates Garfield, but everybody hates Mondays- the enemy of our enemy is our friend. However that doesn't mean we're craving coffee with orange peels because lol at the fat orange cat. Did I mention he's hungry?? He loves pizza shaped like his head!! And lasagna that is "cowboy cut" for some reason.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Egeez? Oh, jeez! How did this entity get its name? It’s terrible.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Nathen where you at

https://twitter.com/xbox/status/1469336248389099527?s=21

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

he really missed a golden opportunity for his GarfieldEATs lasagnas boxes to turn into Xbox skins

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
“Carefully tear pieces apart and then paste them on!”

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Guys I think I just realized what the deodorant tweets were about. The deodorant company had probably been foolish enough to sign in on this eGeez thing, and those tweets were Mazri doing his branding wizardry! I hope the popularity boost was worth every dollar, deodorant-company-who's-name-i-forgot-already™.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm fairly certain the egeez site still uses some photos nathen took of the marvel merch at the Eaton centre miniso

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
When you think Scooby Doo, you must think Garfield.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

This is truly the Garfield Renaissance. Nathan needs to capitalize and make Garfield Eats a global food sensation.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Looks like Nathen's taking entergagement university-wide!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

When I grow up, I'm going to Garfield University!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
If only that were real; Poli-Sci majors could finally have another degree which they could point at and say, "Now, that's useless!"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

At least Garfiology has actual predictive abilities unlike economics ayyy

Example: next monday sucks and lasagna will still be good.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
garf better get ready

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Why would a celibate person want to sex up?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
For the entergagement, of course

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Spoilers he's not actually celibate and it's all performative just like literally everything else he does

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Spoilers he's not actually celibate and it's all performative just like literally everything else he does

No! It's impossible!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

One of you touched the poop.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Escape From Noise posted:

Why would a celibate person want to sex up?

I don't know, but I will take the opportunity to note that Cher has been celibate for 20 years or something

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

I don't know, but I will take the opportunity to note that Cher has been celibate for 20 years or something

Further cementing my belief in life after love

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wynott dunn posted:

garf better get ready

I might just be in a dark place this morning, but i thought he was holding a gun to his mouth until I expanded the thumbnail/timg

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Last Chance posted:

I might just be in a dark place this morning, but i thought he was holding a gun to his mouth until I expanded the thumbnail/timg

Oh my God I wasn't the only one!!

I legit thought he had a gun and was holding it to his mouth

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Last Chance posted:

I’m feeling positive today, and same lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Last Chance posted:

I thought the same.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Turns out it was just a strange dildo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wynott dunn posted:

garf better get ready

The face of a 20-something-year-old

E: How is his mouth so viscerally unpleasant in every picture

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

steinrokkan posted:

The face of a 20-something-year-old

E: How is his mouth so viscerally unpleasant in every picture

:yooge:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"Stand back, this thing could hurt someone..."

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPtu5V3kHTM

Hopefully Nathen likes Mondays more than that lady did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

wynott dunn posted:

garf better get ready

How do you gently caress up a hairbrush that bad