Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

hosed up it isn’t releasing February 22nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Looper posted:

it's sonic's plane

Bitch they keep it at tails house

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

and?

tails' plane is the tornado 2, btw

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Stairmaster posted:

sonic doesnt have a house

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Tails' house is shaped like his own head in Sonic Battle

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sea Lily posted:

sonic doesnt have a house

he does in sonic boom

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m sorry, what was that writer’s name again?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
You do know IMDB pages are freely editable by anyone and things with unofficially announced details have been vandalized since the website's inception right?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

True, but apparently Justin Peniston is actually a real person who wrote for the Megaman cartoon by the same studio among other projects (unfortunate name though):

https://www.justinpeniston.com/

https://imdb.com/name/nm8839621/

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 9, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Tails built the tornado for himself, but sonic came by one day while he was working on it and said it was really cool and tails just blurted out that it was a gift for him because he's autistic and 10 and really wanted to impress this cool guy who is nice to him for some reason

Sonic thanked him for the amazing present and asked tails to hang onto it for him until he learns how to fly it, which he has not done because he does not want an airplane

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If I recall from Sonic 2’s Japanese manual, apparently the animals you saved in the first game built it for Sonic as a gift. He used it to fly to Westside Island where Tails lived and the game takes place. I forget if he saw Sonic or the plane first but Tails kind of took an immediate shine to it as a young mechanic.

It was destroyed in Adventure and Tails built a second model to replace it, only this time colored blue and with a few extra settings. I guess the old one got repaired eventually though as it shows up in games like Rush Adventure and Lost World.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 9, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

Tails built the tornado for himself, but sonic came by one day while he was working on it and said it was really cool and tails just blurted out that it was a gift for him because he's autistic and 10 and really wanted to impress this cool guy who is nice to him for some reason

Sonic thanked him for the amazing present and asked tails to hang onto it for him until he learns how to fly it, which he has not done because he does not want an airplane

Sonic knows how to fly a plane dude.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is that proven?

He can definitely skydive and air surf though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Is that proven?

He can definitely skydive and air surf though.

He’s shown flying the plane if you play as Tails in Sonic 2, the end of Knuckles’ campaign in Sonic 3K, at the end of Sonic Advance if you’re playing as anyone except Sonic, and the beginning of Sonic Mania and the first act of Mirage Saloon if you’re playing as anyone except Sonic or Knuckles (he also literally states that the Tornado is his plane in Sonic Adventure)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

should’ve been Isaac Peniston

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/crunchchute/status/1468993411181129730

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hoopin and hollering about the new Sonic 2 trailer that just dropped

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean all I really wanted to see was knuckles smacking sonic down and I got it and a snarky one-liner on top of it, so I'm entirely happy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of the trailer, here you go:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=I9nrRmnOJho

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 10, 2021

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Already seems like a big improvement on the original. Knuckles looks great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Schwartz’s Sonic somehow sounds even more like Dewey here but it looks good and I’m fine with Elba’s Knuckles.

Out of curiosity though, what is this film’s actual release date? The poster said April 8 but the trailer says March 31

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

knock knock

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I have a suspicion this might actually be an SA1 adaptation. You're introducing Echidnas which means we get a look at their civilization, we've got the Master Emerald, those two together have a great sin associated with them. Add in the fact that Super Sonic has GOTTA be in this one, and the exploding fire hydrants and focus on the city...

I think it's happening, folks. Thunder, rain and lightning.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 22, 2021

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sonic: Breath of the Wild

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sonic Frontiers trailer with...no gameplay besides environmental shots showing that it is some kind of OW game

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah they really should cancel the Xbox One/PS4/Switch versions.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is the collage of SEGA games to go along with the SEGA logo new, I like the inclusion of Shenmue, Yakuza, and what appears to be Rome Total War footage.

Augus posted:

knock knock

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Funky Valentine posted:

Is the collage of SEGA games to go along with the SEGA logo new, I like the inclusion of Shenmue, Yakuza, and what appears to be Rome Total War footage.

I mean, Total War is a bigass Sega franchise. Not quite up there with Sonic, Football Manager and Miku, but it's big.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The trailer for anyone who didn’t see it:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F42pHusbeME

Open world Sonic game confirmed I guess, kind of curious how that’s going to work.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 22, 2021

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Death Sonic-ing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah they really should cancel the Xbox One/PS4/Switch versions.

gently caress that. I want to actually play it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Im so loving excited about sonic

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Open world games are bad but i'm hoping Sonic will make it good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/1469130889552699396

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

gently caress that. I want to actually play it.

It's gonna be so constrained by last gen hardware. Have fun playing it at 10fps.

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

huh, cool

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Open world games are bad but i'm hoping Sonic will make it good.
sonic games are bad but i'm hoping open world will make it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

The movie looks good! The game will probably be bad. Wish they weren't cross-developing for Switch.