Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
'russian australian cossacks' is a combination of words that makes me assume someone got incredibly, unbelievably lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*with fake australian accent* that’s just brisbane on friday, mate

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

it's very tiring. my personal life experience with australian ignorance has been skewed toward the worst case scenario, because i grew up in a very rural area and got the most white-centric history from the most colonialist fascist teachers imaginable (throughout my schooling i spent a total of one [1] hour officially learning about the holocaust) and since then have mostly lived outside the capitals where educational standards were similar. people just... have totally forgotten anything ever happened. in the city it's hopefully different, i wouldn't know

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

if you're wondering how that translates to current events, no australian has any idea there's anything particularly noteworthy going on right now in ethiopia, poland/belarus, myanmar, haiti, yemen, south sudan, or vancouver

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

to be fair to the australian education system, i spent another hour [1] learning about ww2 in general. my teacher was apoplectic with joy as he described the great advanced armies of australia, britain and america all coming together to defeat the devil hitler. i didn't find out how hitler actually died until a few years later when i looked it up myself, from the way my teacher told the story i kind of assumed he was shot dead on the battlefield by winston churchill

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

in contrast, i spent approximately thirty [30] hours throughout my schooling learning about the vikings, one hundred [100] hours learning about the ancient greeks, innumerable hours learning about the anzacs, and i had to dress up as sir henry parkes* for a school celebration when i was 10

*father of the white australia policy

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

re: sir henry parkes, the dress code for the day was that boys were to dress as sir henry parkes and girls as lady clarinda parkes, sir henry's wife. my friend and i struck a pact - i got a suit and top hat and was sir henry, and my friend found a crinoline somewhere in his grandparents' mansion and was lady clarinda. we weren't chosen to be in any of the photos.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVTyuP1O6lQ

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Like gojm I have moved up in the world. Handed my 2 weeks notice in today at my old job and start my new job Monday.

6.5 years at the old place, the longest Ive ever been at a single job. Feels weird, but good.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
congrats! are you still going to be working in a customer facing role or are you leaving the service portion behind? i remember the elderly folks coming in for prescriptions being a hassle at times

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Still a public facing pharmacy but its strictly for addictions treatment so its not like Racist Grandpa #50 will be coming in to yell at me because he has no repeats and is heading to Florida for 6 months tomorrow morning.

Plus at this place I actually get to do something legitimately helpful for others.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Like gojm I have moved up in the world. Handed my 2 weeks notice in today at my old job and start my new job Monday.

6.5 years at the old place, the longest Ive ever been at a single job. Feels weird, but good.

i hope you will never forget your latvian neighbours, who motivated you to never become like them

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i hope you will never forget your latvian neighbours, who motivated you to never become like them

Her German boyfriend ended up arrested and she moved back out to Calgary. :rip: weird noisy naked neighbors.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Her German boyfriend ended up arrested and she moved back out to Calgary. :rip: weird noisy naked neighbors.

:rip: calgary sounds alright though (for a latvian)

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

what is a russia, when you really think about it

an egg fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 12, 2021

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

the cossacks are an unexpected twist. the next few years in this state are going to be weird.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Furnaceface posted:

Still a public facing pharmacy but its strictly for addictions treatment so its not like Racist Grandpa #50 will be coming in to yell at me because he has no repeats and is heading to Florida for 6 months tomorrow morning.

Plus at this place I actually get to do something legitimately helpful for others.
i'm proud of you :unsmith:

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Congratulations Furnaceface

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Welcome to the new/better job squad!!!!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Welcome to the new/better job squad!!!!

an egg posted:

i'm proud of you :unsmith:

Sinnlos posted:

Congratulations Furnaceface

Thanks!

Today was my first day. Amazing people working there. I think I may have found my calling.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Furnaceface posted:

I remember talking to you about this job it sounded lovely years ago I can only imagine post covid. Congratulations man, it took years but you finally escaped that poo poo, at least what your doing is helping a group that like you said isn't chudpa and his story's of "a little place called mylai"

Oh wait your Canadian that joke doesn't make sense

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
saw these 150 year old australian birb eggs in a local collection and thought of avs

they weren't tagged when they came to the collection, so the curator did some epic hunt through old archival catalogues and figured out they were one of the first specimens of this quail collected for scientific preservation

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

all my sa life i've been trying to communicate with a select few individuals, not by addressing them directly like a normal person, but by shotgunning posts into threads i think they read in the hopes they will see and somehow correctly interpret them. just now i realised that's what a pm is for
:unsmith: those

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

i mostly overshare about my family to try to explain and illuminate my first five years of posting :negative:

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

for example, for the first ~3 years of posting i very earnestly claimed to be romani and now i feel eternally obligated to explain how that happened

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

the sheer timescale of these forums make them an inherently socially awkward space

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

i hate it!!

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

my sins are many, and i have so little time

an egg fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 19, 2021

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

i have just had an epiphany of social interaction. one communicates with other individuals not by simply announcing one's point loudly to the crowd and hoping the right person hears it, but by actually engaging another individual one-on-one and telling them what you want them to know. this is incredible

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

an egg posted:

i have just had an epiphany of social interaction. one communicates with other individuals not by simply announcing one's point loudly to the crowd and hoping the right person hears it, but by actually engaging another individual one-on-one and telling them what you want them to know. this is incredible

really happy for you, this is a great breakthrough

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

an egg posted:

:justpost:

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

WoodrowSkillson posted:

really happy for you, this is a great breakthrough
lol thanks

i absolutely communicate like that irl too. it's awful to recognise it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

an egg posted:

maybe this works with a megaphone?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

an egg posted:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

an egg posted:

Go for the high score?

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

today i went down unto the swamp and built a city for frogs out of wooden shipping pallets

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

vanya has entered a kind of second springtime of old age and i am so thankful for it :kiddo: