Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

The comments on this one are full of weird nerds trying to deflect the seriousness of Tesla letting you browse forums and play video games while you drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pookah posted:

Watching the guy sitting behind her on the right and he's is just astonished and delighted - it's lovely to see :3: (at 3:45-4:00 and from about 6 mins onward) I know some of it is acting but there's a quality of genuine amazement there too
That's the first time she ever sang the role at the Met, too. She was the understudy, the lead got sick three hours before she went on stage, and she hit the drat thing out of the park. Overnight star.

As far as athletic high notes go, one of the standouts is the Queen of the Night in The Magic Flute. Mozart wrote it for his sister-in-law, and one does wonder whether it was a gift or a threat. Beverly Sills, who sang it, once said that she was sometimes tempted to go to the theater, sing the high F6s a few times, and go home, and see if anybody noticed. It's a bitch kitty, and again just hitting the notes is an accomplishment.

Diana Damrau, here, hits all the notes with a beautiful clear tone, and acts the gently caress out of it. The Queen of the Night is telling her daughter Pamina to kill Sarastro, Pamina's father and the Queen's ex, or be disowned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463jDvbw3LQ

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There's a good book called Reincarnation: The Phoenix Fire Mystery that gives a wide sampling of ideas about reincarnation from across a huge variety of faiths and philosophies, from Buddhist and Hindu to the ideas of modern American authors and Christian sources, so you could learn about those ideas in detail instead of listening to other goons whose concept of it was formed by video games and a half-remembered Phil 110 class

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

super reincarnation is really only worth it when you have a ton of karma from D-merits, otherwise you’re just wasting time and mana

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Heath posted:

There's a good book called Reincarnation: The Phoenix Fire Mystery that gives a wide sampling of ideas about reincarnation from across a huge variety of faiths and philosophies, from Buddhist and Hindu to the ideas of modern American authors and Christian sources, so you could learn about those ideas in detail instead of listening to other goons whose concept of it was formed by video games and a half-remembered Phil 110 class

Wheres the fun in that though?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's like the opposite of what buddism teaches

like the world is inherently 'bad' yes but just sitting back and doing nothing waiting to get reincarnated just means you'll get stuck in a karmic cycle of misfortune
Yeah I mostly meant the weird kinds mentioned above that are about people born with severe illnesses or children getting abused is something their "soul" willingly and knowingly opted into.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That's the first time she ever sang the role at the Met, too. She was the understudy, the lead got sick three hours before she went on stage, and she hit the drat thing out of the park. Overnight star.

As far as athletic high notes go, one of the standouts is the Queen of the Night in The Magic Flute. Mozart wrote it for his sister-in-law, and one does wonder whether it was a gift or a threat. Beverly Sills, who sang it, once said that she was sometimes tempted to go to the theater, sing the high F6s a few times, and go home, and see if anybody noticed. It's a bitch kitty, and again just hitting the notes is an accomplishment.

Diana Damrau, here, hits all the notes with a beautiful clear tone, and acts the gently caress out of it. The Queen of the Night is telling her daughter Pamina to kill Sarastro, Pamina's father and the Queen's ex, or be disowned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463jDvbw3LQ

Oh I adore Diana Damrau :allears: There's another youtube video of her rehearsing Queen of the Night, and it's really cool to see her acting the character out of costume. On phone, so finding it is a bit awkward

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Heath posted:

Ooh, thank you! My partner and I would both enjoy this (he likes religious studies, I like history).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like how in past life regression seemingly every other person was someone famous or adjacent to someone famous. When 90% of people should have been peasants and proles in most if not at all of their past lives.

It's always ''oh I was a handmaiden to Marie Antoinette and was executed by the revolutionaries for my unfailing loyalty to my mistress" and not "I was a plowman in the Albanian village of Vend i Ndyrë where I died at 37 from a combination of malnutrition, infection, and being kicked in the nuts by an oxen."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
“In my first life I was a Paleolithic hunter-gatherer briefly in charge of figuring out which mushrooms were safe to eat. Ever heard of Lepiota brunneoincarnata? Yeah, that was me.”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I like how in past life regression seemingly every other person was someone famous or adjacent to someone famous. When 90% of people should have been peasants and proles in most if not at all of their past lives.

It's always ''oh I was a handmaiden to Marie Antoinette and was executed by the revolutionaries for my unfailing loyalty to my mistress" and not "I was a plowman in the Albanian village of Vend i Ndyrë where I died at 37 from a combination of malnutrition, infection, and being kicked in the nuts by an oxen."

27 straight lives of being a peasant child that dies horribly before puberty.

Edit Half of those you don't even get a name because they don't name 'em until they're a year old because infant mortality is so high.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Dec 9, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Wow 27 lives and all of them straight. Maybe try something different on the next one, buddy.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

christmas boots posted:

Wow 27 lives and all of them straight. Maybe try something different on the next one, buddy.

MORE👏GAY👏PAST👏LIVES

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I don't know if reincarnation is real, but of all the ideas people have had about what happens after death through the ages, I think reincarnation makes the most sense. And I definitely was some sort of blind molerat in my past life

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Oh, poo poo, died of infantile diarrhea again. Better luck next tiiiii...
Goddamnit.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Imagine if your past life was a poster.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Just visit the Past Life Pavilion while you are in the afterlife and you can see all the people you have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAaX9SvNAUo&t=102s

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The "birds aren't real" thing is trending on Twitter today.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Read After Burning posted:

If birds aren't real then how can they tweet? Checkmate birb deniers.

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1458503508001443840

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose it makes sense in a "what is the most horrible option, it's probably that" sense wherein there is no escape from living at any point.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

NYT put out an article on the movement explaining that it's not real and the people involved know it's not real.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

NYT put out an article on the movement explaining that it's not real and the people involved know it's not real.

Sounds like something a bird would say. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sounds like something a bird would say. :colbert:

How could a bird say it? They don't exist.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Surfing Bird by The Trashman was a CIA psyop to promote the idea of birds being real.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Dec 10, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This was of course in reaction to Maoist China where birds were illegal which is why the singer goes "umm Mao Mao papa umm Mao Mao Mao [etc.]"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

I kinda hate people who invent fake conspiracy theories, because they almost always get integrated into actual conspiracy theories. Like I think modern flat earth theory started as a joke.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Inceltown posted:

If birds aren't real then how can they tweet? Checkmate birb deniers.

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1458503508001443840

i showed u my cloaca pls respond

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

dialhforhero posted:

i showed u my cloaca pls respond

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1370112830133825539

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/almostjingo/status/1469088034997997569

What is Rosie (sorry, ALMOSTJINGO) going for here? "A celebrity thought a hate crime happened to someone, so they were upset and sent the alleged victim well-wishes"? Wow, what a moron! GOT 'EM!!!

Like she's not even calling for Trump's head or anything, this is a fairly milquetoast statement for a celebrity to make about another celebrity claiming to have been involved in a violent hate crime. But chuds gotta get their victory lap somehow!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

What is Rosie (sorry, ALMOSTJINGO) going for here? "A celebrity thought a hate crime happened to someone, so they were upset and sent the alleged victim well-wishes"? Wow, what a moron! GOT 'EM!!!

Like she's not even calling for Trump's head or anything, this is a fairly milquetoast statement for a celebrity to make about another celebrity claiming to have been involved in a violent hate crime. But chuds gotta get their victory lap somehow!

I assume it's "look at them, they thought hate crimes still happen! Obviously the only real racism is against white people."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Push El Burrito posted:

I hope I come back as a dog I wanna piss everywhere.

Why wait?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
drat that guy is big nazi.

https://twitter.com/chick_in_kiev/status/1468834254314512389

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/matthew-heimbach

https://twitter.com/fallenigloos/status/1468854795838660609

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bugsy posted:

drat that guy is big nazi.

It's always the ones you most suspect

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/NutterButter/status/1469100408358547462

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

before this loaded fully i was certain that this was someone squatting on the twitter account. nope.

for when it gets deleted:
https://twitter.com/MakeItAQuote/status/1469125578309701639

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

Why wait?

Shy bladder.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧