Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
although it could use a hard mode, tormented souls was pretty great. could have used more full frontal nudity of the mc though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Does bumping into Maria in Silent Hill 2 actually matter? I ran into her so many times already lol even though I just met her.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

poe meater posted:

Does bumping into Maria in Silent Hill 2 actually matter? I ran into her so many times already lol even though I just met her.

How much damage she takes can affect the ending you get, but I don’t think simply bumping into her does anything.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A horror game that's like the sandbox levels of Evil Within 2, that would be the dream.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

glitchwraith posted:

How much damage she takes can affect the ending you get, but I don’t think simply bumping into her does anything.

It does but you need to do it 30 times for it to count against the Maria ending; at least according to datamining how the PC version works.

https://github.com/JokieW/SilentHill2Endings/blob/master/README.md

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
So, World of Horror got a long promised update with a bunch of new stuff.

If you liked the game and vibe at all, it's worth checking out. Hopefully this is not the last update, and we'll see some more going forwards.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Oops wrong thread

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 5, 2021

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Did someone call for a necromancer because hell yeah

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1469127237454684162?t=sixTiz7Je_aBSDyNoR0cUQ&s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell yeah more Remedyverse

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

About drat time

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As soon as the Alan Wake DLC in Control dropped, I knew this has to be coming

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Also, Slitterhead. From the creator of Silent Hill. One of those screens better give you vibes of The Thing or else your horror brain might need a re-calibration.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I wish they hadn't made Control just an Alan Wake backdoor. Having him create the Hiss was stupid as hell.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

when your Marty Stu is evil, that's what we call "subversion"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly I kinda enjoyed Alan being both a lovely rear end in a top hat writer and a sort of supernaturally charged creative entity as a plot point.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

They’re straight calling this one survival horror.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Agent Escalus posted:

Also, Slitterhead. From the creator of Silent Hill. One of those screens better give you vibes of The Thing or else your horror brain might need a re-calibration.

Silent Hill had a team create it, wasn't just this guy. The trailer looks interesting but has more of an action feel than horror.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it looks about as Silent Hill as Devil May Cry does lol

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah it looks about as Silent Hill as Devil May Cry does lol

I get some real RE6 vibes from the trailer, especially the heads expanding into monsters as well as the pumping soundtrack, the actiony movement and the Kowloon like architecture. I'd guess that people are going to be disappointed if they expect a normal horror game because of the Silent Hill connection, but we'll see.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

packetmantis posted:

I wish they hadn't made Control just an Alan Wake backdoor. Having him create the Hiss was stupid as hell.

It's purposely left vague in AWE whether Alan actually willed them into existence or just kind of brought them to Jesse's attention.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Maybe it's just because I didn't like Control that much but I really wish they had kept Control and AW separate, the latter was much better when it was a vague malevolent entity instead of bad SCP fodder.

Agent Escalus posted:

I mean, it has Yamaoka on it but I think that's largely about it. Still could be good.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Agent Escalus posted:

Honestly, I get more of a parasyte vibe from it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
where's non poo poo max payne 3

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Relin posted:

where's non poo poo max payne 3

I kinda wish they'd go all in and just make an Alex Casey game that continues the story but with all the names changed like they've always been that way.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Max Payne 3 was badass top to bottom and I’d play a remaster in a heartbeat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah I actually like it a surprising amount on its own, I just want a Remedy continuation.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
max payne 2 ended the franchise perfectly and mp3 was a bucketful of generic rockstar sludge

thankfully remedy’s focused on other properties and rockstar on exploiting its fans with terrible online modes, so the IP should be safely left alone

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khg8rd0ifYs

Scorn actually has a release date now. Roughly. October 2022

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's a fundamental dissonance when a comparatively well-funded, well-advertised indie makes games that are Fine when single-dev micro indies can make things that might not be enduring but are effective and at least momentarily surprising - like I remember that "one thousand dungeons" game or whatever it's called that actually manages to be startling and tense, and it's just you running down a single Wolfenstein 3D-rear end corridor while a guy who eats green ink follows you.

I've been racking my brain and can't for the life of me figure out what game BC is referring to but I certainly can't recall playing anything like that - anyone have any idea?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Spooky's jumpscare mansion?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think it was part of a game jam or otherwise packaged in a compilation whose gimmick was that there was a lot of microgames included. Probably on Itch.io somewhere. I saw a youtuber go through it a year or two ago

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
oh yeah, for example, highlight of the season Haunted PS1's Madvent Calendar 2021 is up.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Slitterhead kinda looks like poo poo and I’m not afraid to say it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Slitterhead kinda looks like poo poo and I’m not afraid to say it

The graphics hitch a lot but in the moment it could turn out good, who knows. It certainly isn't an extreme graphical fidelity game.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
max payne 3 was fun for each 30 second segment i could play it between cutscenes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

drkeiscool posted:

max payne 3 was fun

Hell yeah it was!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Max Payne 3 was the best one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ravenkult posted:

Max Payne 3 was the best one.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I always liked those "Address Unknown" show segments of Max Payne. That was Twin Peaks before I had known about Twin Peaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

Hell yeah it was!

oh no you did the thing where you cut my quote short much like what max payne 3's cutscenes did to the gameplay ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

to make this at least tangentially related to horror, i missed having nightmare sequences in max payne 3, i feel like a lotta fun stuff could have been done with that