Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Convex posted:

Presented without context

"those alien cunts are gonna pay for bollocksing up my motor"

Why does this sort of look like Bruce Willis with a wig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Convex posted:

Presented without context

"those alien cunts are gonna pay for bollocksing up my motor"

Get Jeremy Clarkson to voice him and I'm in.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Why does this sort of look like Bruce Willis with a wig?

I was thinking BJ Blazkowicz but stretched vertically a bit, but yeah.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
According to the latest patreon post the MMOD version for Half-Life won't make release this month because Gunship Mark decided to recode the entire thing from scratch because apparently project management is just a skill that doesn't exist anywhere anymore. Ah well.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Hopefully it's not a huge undertaking because redoing work you've already done once can be a huge motivation drainer on any project.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is free on Steam right now. I'm enjoying it due to how arcadey it feels.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1469003983423303682?s=21

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 10, 2021

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Gunslinger is the best western game since Sunset Riders. It plays like a light gun game without the light gun. It also has great music and some fun storytelling.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Mr E posted:

DRG is one of my favorite games because all the weapons feel pretty great and with the overclocks you can get some real variation even with the same weapon.

DRG is one of those games where you can tell the developers know what they're doing. Updates come regularly, they don't reach further than their grasp, and they know what to prioritize. I genuinely cannot think of a criticism for the game, and that's rare for me.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/2021/

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
dropping the cacos during the game awards. total power move

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

dropping the cacos during the game awards. total power move
It's December 10 somewhere, and December 10 don't wait.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Maybe some day we'll see an Halo game that has fun shooting and not slow as molasses

Sounds like someone didn't find the grapple hook button.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

is it just me or does this year feel a bit less forbidding than last year did? it felt like 9/10ths of the winners and most of the runners up last year were combat puzzle giant slaughtermaps that demanded pounds of flesh, but 2021's choices are a bit less overwhelming in terms of scope and difficulty. (not that there aren't still some hyperscary slaughters in there, of course)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh, I thought FWH's next game, Evil West, was also an FPS but it's third person and seems kinda melee focused.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou_rV8AIYwc

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Auger;Zenith only runnerup? It received tooons of forum nominations. It feels as if DW is snubbing out the child of the competition (doomer board projects) :P

Also, I thought Timer Tripper would get it.

In any case it was a super tight year with many great wads. Heartland, Lullaby, Ashes: Afterglow, Fractured Worlds were locked in.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Hey, another goodass, underlooked channel coming your way. https://youtu.be/ChG35KSRlks

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Squeezy Farm posted:

Sounds like someone didn't find the grapple hook button.

I found it, on Titanfall 2 while moving 10 times faster and making me fly over a building.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Imagine if the doom devs got the halo devs to put in a secret multiplayer mode where you had all the weapons haha just as a joke lol they could bodge in a weapon wheel and it would be funny as a joke haha I would like to smell it

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

i started playing deep rock galactic the other day and i'm surprised at how nice the weapons feel to use. like the scout dwarf can unlock an m1 garand as an alternate primary (called m1000 something or other instead because ~space~) and that thing feels chunky as hell for popping creatures, and said scout also starts with a double-barrel sawn-off as a secondary which has a weighty bit of punch to it. it's nice to bump into games that seem to get something right when designing their weaponry because it really sticks out in one when guns feel 'off'.

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

DRG is one of those games where you can tell the developers know what they're doing. Updates come regularly, they don't reach further than their grasp, and they know what to prioritize. I genuinely cannot think of a criticism for the game, and that's rare for me.

I have 200 hours played so yeah, I recommend it big time :P.

Also, if you want to see another indie FPS with surprisingly good weapons (variety, sounds, feedback, feel), try Gunfire Reborn, the best fps/roguelite combo. We have a thread too here in SA.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Turin Turambar posted:

Auger;Zenith only runnerup? It received tooons of forum nominations. It feels as if DW is snubbing out the child of the competition (doomer board projects) :P

Also, I thought Timer Tripper would get it.

In any case it was a super tight year with many great wads. Heartland, Lullaby, Ashes: Afterglow, Fractured Worlds were locked in.

The runner up awards are almost uniformly better than the actual winners they were paired with this cacowards. It has been an exceptionally strong year for doom.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1469248651440451587

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://twitter.com/romero/status/1469234514178289668

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John, please, release a new Daikatana Episode

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Progress on my Quake mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-B9T8imi6E

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Jehde posted:

Gunslinger is the best western game since Sunset Riders. It plays like a light gun game without the light gun. It also has great music and some fun storytelling.

one of the few games where the scoring system totally works AND the upgrade tree actually gives you useful and well-paced abilities.

It really is something special.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I feel like I'm not only being trolled, but also that this was an epic diss carefully crafted to insult my sensibilities.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm trying to remember a Quake 1 or Quake 2 mod that turned it into a fantasy side scrolling hack and slash platformer, anyone got any ideas?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

After getting through Mephisto's Maosoleum tonight, I take back some of the praise I was feeling about the Master Levels.

Good revenant practice though I guess.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Croteam is teasing something for Serious Sam 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4xVZ0T0bog

Considerably less of a tease is DUSK: The Goodies, a free DLC to celebrate DUSK's third birthday that includes a horde of prototypes, development materials, unreleased music and the odd embarrassing photo.
https://twitch.tv/videos/1230081451

Barudak
May 7, 2007

After playing through not even the first level of Serious Sam 4 on Game Pass because it was that shockingly unfun, Im gonna need a lot from Croteam here

Dusk though, I could play more Dusk even if I didn't end up as high on it as most

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

After playing through not even the first level of Serious Sam 4 on Game Pass because it was that shockingly unfun, Im gonna need a lot from Croteam here

Dusk though, I could play more Dusk even if I didn't end up as high on it as most

Same

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Hot take alert: Dusk is just an uglier and less fun Painkiller. I almost refunded it, but I overshot the window by like five minutes cause I kept playing in the hopes that it would eventually come good. It didn't.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

condolences on your poo poo take

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm willing to entertain it not being something you like, but I'll be honest at no point did it remind me of Painkiller

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

szary posted:

Hot take alert: Dusk is just an uglier and less fun Painkiller. I almost refunded it, but I overshot the window by like five minutes cause I kept playing in the hopes that it would eventually come good. It didn't.

When do you last remember having a soul? Were you near any unusually vibrating objects when it happened?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

condolences on your poo poo take

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Painkiller was loving dull.

Dusk was not.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The worst part of Painkiller is its unlock system, followed by not being able to save demon explodey mode.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

szary posted:

Don't let these people troll you , stupid newbie. You're right Dusk is a bad game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

The Kins posted:

Croteam is teasing something for Serious Sam 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4xVZ0T0bog

Possible expansion? I'm kinda eh on the idea. Sam 4 was decent enough most of the time, until the final map, then everything became too drat much to deal with. I finished the thing in co-op though. Considering the Sam 3 DLC wasn't that hot, I don't have a lot of hype.