Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Cardboard Fox posted:

I had to look this up and can't believe what I'm seeing. 135lbs? No way. He is a genetically mutated soldier.

He's like 5'7" and built like a dancer, he is not a big man.

Paperhouse posted:

Her non-death means Holy is never successfully cast and the lifestream isn't enough to stop the destruction of the planet :v:

Untrue, she successfully cast Holy before dying, the whole point is that her death did not have to happen. You can argue that she needed to be dead so that the Lifestream could help Holy against the actual Meteor in the end cutscene, the game is unclear on whether Aerith was required for that or if the Lifestream would have done it on it's own. But the stated goal was that death is not this Hollywood meaningful thing, sometimes it just happens and it sucks and you have to keep living your life even though that person you cared about isn't there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Epi Lepi posted:

Dude has giant forearms and quads that he needs to lift that big dumb sword.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm 6'2/160lbs and skinny. Which brings me to my real question, do you think I can beat up Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII?

Also,

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Someone make that the background of the thread, tiled

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Not going to lie, I really like how the FF7 overworld sprites are a bizarre in between of 6 and 8s.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I also really like how the FMVs sometimes can’t decide whether to use the field or battle models.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Cardboard Fox posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm 6'2/160lbs and skinny. Which brings me to my real question, do you think I can beat up Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII?

Also,

See your mistake is that those aren't his quads, his pants are just super baggy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Either that or he wears orthodontic socks that don't go up all the way.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
They'd better keep the CPR minigame, jumping into the parade march, and having to do the formation stuff in Junon in the second part of FF7R.

The Fort Condor minigame I can take or leave. I guess the big question is if Yuffie will join the party in part 2 since the Fort Condor/Junon area is the earliest you can get her in the original.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

They'd better keep the CPR minigame, jumping into the parade march, and having to do the formation stuff in Junon in the second part of FF7R.

The Fort Condor minigame I can take or leave. I guess the big question is if Yuffie will join the party in part 2 since the Fort Condor/Junon area is the earliest you can get her in the original.

Considering her own DLC basically ended with "And she is going to join the party" I imagine so, yes.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only way I see that she doesn’t is if they want to keep using her in DLC content.

Though maybe game 2 will have a Vincent DLC.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Cardboard Fox posted:

I dunno. If I shot you a bunch of times with an automatic rifle, would you take scratch damage that impale me with the railroad sign that you call a sword?

To be fair tho, seems like everyone on that world takes hits like brick shithouses. Even a fat ol' nerd like Palmer can take a small truck to the face like a champ. Everyone's so beaten down, the standards to actually give someone a beating have suffered inflation.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I put up a sign at work

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

thetoughestbean posted:

I put up a sign at work

So good.

I'm reading through the FF Ultimania Archive Volume 1 while in queue and today I learned that Kefka is 35. Now that I know that I completely understand why he goes full nihilism, he is staring 40 in the face, I get it my dude.

Oh also the Ghost from the Phantom Train likes Hell, dislikes Heaven, and is interested in floating.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sacrificing a lamb to the dorito pope in hopes of getting a XVI trailer tonight

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

sacrificing a lamb to the dorito pope in hopes of getting a XVI trailer tonight

Let YoshiP sleep.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ImpAtom posted:

Let YoshiP sleep.

Pretty sure YoshiP is the same kind of video game producing vampire that Masahiro Sakurai is.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Mega64 posted:

Then make one, ain't no rule against it.

okay: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987345

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
ff7i on epic huh. guess i'll have to get it some other way

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Epi Lepi posted:

Untrue, she successfully cast Holy before dying, the whole point is that her death did not have to happen. You can argue that she needed to be dead so that the Lifestream could help Holy against the actual Meteor in the end cutscene, the game is unclear on whether Aerith was required for that or if the Lifestream would have done it on it's own. But the stated goal was that death is not this Hollywood meaningful thing, sometimes it just happens and it sucks and you have to keep living your life even though that person you cared about isn't there anymore.

There's also fantastic misdirection because the previous big story beat has Cait Sith sacrifice himself and immediately rejoin. It conditions you to think she's coming back.......right? Any minute now......... wait they're having a funeral........ she's really dead isn't she?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Asterite34 posted:

Dolphins have a long and storied tradition of training in the art of the dragoon

It's a misconception that Dragoons are dragon themed. They're actually dolphin themed. Amano just has a lot of trouble drawing dolphins. The name is a mistranslation.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Dalphoon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

It's a misconception that Dragoons are dragon themed. They're actually dolphin themed. Amano just has a lot of trouble drawing dolphins. The name is a mistranslation.

You're wrong everyone knows dragons irl evolved into dolphins when air became too polluted from cooking fires of early humans.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pictured: A dragoon irl

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am finally super hyped to be able to play FF7 remake but I’m super sad that it’s stuck on Epic games store lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Asterite34 posted:

Clearly that dolphin was infused with mako and Jenova cells as part of Shinra's aquatic special ops, the MARINE Program.

For their Navy's amphibious elite strike teams, they used seals.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Al-Saqr posted:

I am finally super hyped to be able to play FF7 remake but I’m super sad that it’s stuck on Epic games store lol

This is me but final fantasy is final fantasy

I do wonder how mods will work though.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah, that announcement sucked. I hope it's only a year exclusive before coming to Steam.

Also, Chrono Cross not being announced. I was one of the dummies that actually believed those internet rumors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jokes posted:

This is me but final fantasy is final fantasy

I do wonder how mods will work though.

There will somehow be nude mods for every single character in the game before the game even launches.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I just want cloud dressed in a chocobo costume.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They didn't announce Chrono Cross because between Endwalker, 6PR and 7R PC they're worried about overloading our brains

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mustached Demon posted:

I just want cloud dressed in a chocobo costume.
This, but Barret as a giant marshmallow.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Scalding Coffee posted:

This, but Barret as a giant marshmallow.

Barret as the stay puft marshmallow man also needed.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

There will somehow be nude mods for every single character in the game before the game even launches.

you joke but it's unreal engine so the game will probably at least get cosmetic mods

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man people are pissed about the EGS thing.

Don’t worry, nude tifa mods are coming guys chill

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe I'm not a real PC Gamer(tm) but I cannot bring myself to give a poo poo about EGS versus Steam. I just don't care at all and it is bizarre to me how much of a crusade some people make of it, still.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Harrow posted:

Maybe I'm not a real PC Gamer(tm) but I cannot bring myself to give a poo poo about EGS versus Steam. I just don't care at all and it is bizarre to me how much of a crusade some people make of it, still.

it does definitely get blown out of proportion but EGS doesn't have sales as frequently as steam, and is also a much much shittier store. For example they only just recently added the ability to have a shopping cart, and you can't gift games still. It's also just annoying to need multiple launchers on PC when 99% of everything is on steam anyways, or "EGS for a year, then Steam afterwards"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harrow posted:

Imagine the console wars of the 90s but instead the only price of entry is the name of the app you click on.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I simply cannot believe that people are mad online about video games.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I just use GOG Galaxy as my front-end of choice since it implements multiple storefronts. Alternatively, add your EGS games manually to Steam.

Loyalty to storefronts is as dumb as loyalty to specific brands of consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine the console wars of the 90s but instead the only price of entry is the name of the app you click on.

Yeah I was thinking about this last night when I was reading people getting turbomad about FF7R being on EGS. It's not like you have to buy a new system! You just click on a different icon to buy it!

Xad posted:

it does definitely get blown out of proportion but EGS doesn't have sales as frequently as steam, and is also a much much shittier store. For example they only just recently added the ability to have a shopping cart, and you can't gift games still. It's also just annoying to need multiple launchers on PC when 99% of everything is on steam anyways, or "EGS for a year, then Steam afterwards"

I mean I 100% get that EGS is a worse storefront for a bunch of reasons but if there's just one specific game you want and you know it's there, you can just go get it. I guess I stopped caring about having a bunch of different launchers around the time I started having to use things like uPlay for games that I bought on Steam.