Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Netflix uses the meme quality to determine which shows should get renewed.

The Witcher show was extremely cheesy with Henry Cavill fabio wig but the memes were top notch along with the horrible catchy song.

also
https://files.catbox.moe/xnr66c.mp4

etalian has issued a correction as of 14:25 on Dec 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

I would 100% say the Faye depiction killed the show entirely. She's basically a loony toons character in the reboot. Also, the episodes should have been 24 mins or whatever

absolutely completely butchered her character

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

etalian posted:

Netflix uses the meme quality to determine which shows should get renewed.

The Witcher show was extremely cheesy with Henry Cavill fabio wig but the memes were top notch along with the horrible catchy song.

also
https://files.catbox.moe/xnr66c.mp4

The Witcher actually works though, somehow

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What I find so fascinating about stuff like Faye and that Ed scene is how it gets to that point.
Like they write, they rehearse, they storyboard, they shoot, they edit

How does no one in that pipeline step up and say "this isn't working, in fact it's awful"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
let us bow our heads and take a moment of silence to consider what might have been.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The Witcher actually works though, somehow

Yeah despite the cheese factor in Witcher S1 some of the stronger episodes do capture the tone of the source material.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

uber_stoat posted:

let us bow our heads and take a moment of silence to consider what might have been.

this was the actor's breakout role... it was 40 seconds at the end of a failed show...

"Chance makes one's life a plaything." - Seneca

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I can't believe this, I mean they did everything right with this. They hired the guy that wrote Thor: Dark World to develop/write it and everything
how did this not work

Lol this explains so much

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The last thing with Ed was her referencing the antagonist from the loving movie, not even something from the show, so rip and good riddance

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
:allears:
https://twitter.com/senatornaomi/status/1469196996162555904?s=20
aspiring tv writer (currently cowboy bebop
@netflix
#prewga #iatse871). revolutionary leftism, restorative justice, eco-anarchism.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i feel like thats something you should be more mad at netflix about rather than people who didnt like your show

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Dr. Killjoy posted:

@netflix
https://twitter.com/0Bennyman/status/1469286886669701121?s=20

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/senatornaomi/status/1469324307566186499?t=LLg8k6zZ5Ql8B2-pxxzJ0g&s=19

Says....aspiring TV writer (currently cowboy bebop)

So what the gently caress, was she just getting coffee then lol

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

What I find so fascinating about stuff like Faye and that Ed scene is how it gets to that point.

How does no one in that pipeline step up and say "this isn't working, in fact it's awful"
They looked at it, and at the anime, and saw that they were basically the same thing.

Good soup! posted:

https://twitter.com/senatornaomi/status/1469324307566186499?t=LLg8k6zZ5Ql8B2-pxxzJ0g&s=19

It means she wrote fanfic of the show and sent it to the producers.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

weird to see someone just turn towards the storming mob and say "lol please gently caress me up"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oh what's that you read my profile and saw me insinuating I'm a writer working on a hated show and then told me I suck?? Suckers :smug:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
by eco-anarchism she means she wants to be stuffed into a wicker man

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

because their was no attention to detail at all just complete gently caress it ship it!

you wanna put more clothes on Faye fine sure I got you, however they couldn’t ask the Faye actress to maybe hit the gym and lose 30 lbs? Pathetic. Couldn’t even get her hair style right either, it all just looked like cheap lovely cosplay.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Good soup! posted:

probably running coffee while parents pay for everything, yeah. thats how it goes in the entertainment industry

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Good soup! posted:

"Script coordinator" but a desperate attention seeker. Previously the account was gloating about reading the 2nd season scripts and how the rest of the world is really missing out. :rolleyes:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If they just gave faye big tits the show wouldn't have flopped.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

I like this image. It's looks like a dumb as gently caress 90's thing.
Too bad everything around it sucks.

"my dear troll friends" -That poo poo is a red loving flag. Along with "Sweetie" and "honey"
There is something hosed going on there, or it's a regional thing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I like this image. It's looks like a dumb as gently caress 90's thing.
Too bad everything around it sucks.

ha, I thought "beakmans world"

coathat
May 21, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's a shame that the supposed "woke" creators hate women's bodies

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Good soup! posted:

The last thing with Ed was her referencing the antagonist from the loving movie, not even something from the show, so rip and good riddance

The first episode started off with the worst interpretation of the opening scene from the movie, so it's just all whatever to them.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Netflix cowboy bebop was so bad it killed her

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1469364579499388928

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Dr. Killjoy posted:

@netflix

very terrible vibes from this person

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

coathat posted:

It's a shame that the supposed "woke" creators hate women's bodies

this

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

speaking of Netflix sucking, things are looking down for Don't Look Up :(

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

tweet got deleted but there was an extremely funny thread yesterday of some guy whining about how OH, anime fans have been SLAVERING for a live action Bebop show for YEARS and now they HAVE it but HATE it, must be because they think they’re BETTER then the ANIME and the replies were almost entirely them getting dunked on by people saying they just wanted the show to be actually good

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
if we don't defend the mediocre products of our sex criminal media overlords then who will???

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
First they came for the anime life action remakes, and I said nothing because I am not an anime live action remakes,,

Then they came for the Jews :wth:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tokyo Godfathers is a really good movie

RIP

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

well yeah this is how it is with pretty much all american media production nowadays. just talentless people and yes men mining for low-effort nostalgia

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Trying to adapt Cowboy Bebop sounds like an unwinnable proposition to me since the cartoon's appeal came in large part from a hand drawn visual style and quirky character mannerisms that really do not come off well in live action. From what I saw, they could have dialed back a lot of the mannerisms, but then it'd have just been a lot like Firefly. I bet a lot of the original anime fans would have found even a much better adaptation disappointing because you don't get the same joy you get from the cartoon.

Eric Cantonese has issued a correction as of 20:48 on Dec 10, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

First they came for the anime life action remakes, and I said nothing because I am not an anime live action remakes,,

Then they came for the Jews :wth:

look rewriting spike siegel to be korean might have been weird but its hardly hitleristic

say can someone whos actually seen the show explain how they rationalized this i got the impression they explained lots of weird stuff like that in continuity

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
rationalize what? Spike being korean?

His ethnicity is never referenced in the original show so idk what there is to rationalize

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
The Beatles docuseries is a good watch regardless of your opinion of the Beatles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

rationalize what? Spike being korean?

His ethnicity is never referenced in the original show so idk what there is to rationalize

wheres that person who called me racist for not thinking usopp was black because of his hair come on man back me up