Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I think he's a dickhead but also so is Youtube. What are they objecting to?
I haven't really been following it but apparently he's done a bunch of stuff with guns and that's grounds for demonetization, age restriction, and ad restriction on YT now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Ahh in that case what the gently caress he expecting.

I don't own guns, live in a different country and think America has a gun problem, but I do watch Demolition Ranch. What I like is even though I'm sure he has vastly different politics to me, he shuts the gently caress up about it, seems like a good dude, is a good, personable presenter, and just sticks to shooting up dumb poo poo in a field. He does mention demonetisation sometimes, but more being careful about it, not being a whiny prick about it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Mr. Apollo posted:

Off topic, but since I saw him brought up here, WhistlinDiesel said he'll probably leave YT because his videos are getting age restricted, demonetized, and YT is flagging them for review before they can be posted. WD said he'll probably join Steven Crowder on Rumble.

Good gently caress him. Rumble isn't going to amount to poo poo.

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010
Land Cruiser Prado update:

KakerMix you are right, it looks like a silver tape or cover that was applied to the license plate assembly so that's good news!

Bad news, looks like I am missing the third row seats? I checked around and I thought every 5 door came with third row of seating?

The weird thing is I don't see the third row seat mount points on the floor or fender wells. Did come with a sweet tire cover though. Plus there is that retractable cargo bay cover that is hanging behind the 2nd row of seating. I'm not too worried about it, third row would be nice but honestly having a giant cargo area is probably more useful.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

That catalog rules, but I'm having doubts about the availability of the parts. Like I mentioned about the windshields a few posts up, they will list every part, including decal packages, as in stock until someone goes to order them, they check, they don't have it, then they mark the item as 'not in stock'.

Can confirm. I had several parts I ordered for my AE86 (USDM, sadly) get canceled once they actually checked the warehouse.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Can confirm. I had several parts I ordered for my AE86 (USDM, sadly) get canceled once they actually checked the warehouse.

I keep expecting an email canceling but right now I’ve been much longer than my weekend order and no cancellation for a different carpet set and some sweet oem fog covers. Will see

I have not had that gen Prado but the previous gens and those year cruisers here had the side folding seats in the rear so you wouldn’t have floor mounts they would be on the side. But yeah I see listings where they do t have the third row or they are missing. I had a 92 US cruiser and a lot of people who looked at it seemed surprised that it had the third row (or still had it?)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Ahh in that case what the gently caress he expecting.

I don't own guns, live in a different country and think America has a gun problem, but I do watch Demolition Ranch. What I like is even though I'm sure he has vastly different politics to me, he shuts the gently caress up about it, seems like a good dude, is a good, personable presenter, and just sticks to shooting up dumb poo poo in a field. He does mention demonetisation sometimes, but more being careful about it, not being a whiny prick about it.

The only gun person to follow on youtube is Forgotten Weapons.

johnnyonetime posted:

Land Cruiser Prado update:

KakerMix you are right, it looks like a silver tape or cover that was applied to the license plate assembly so that's good news!

Bad news, looks like I am missing the third row seats? I checked around and I thought every 5 door came with third row of seating?

The weird thing is I don't see the third row seat mount points on the floor or fender wells. Did come with a sweet tire cover though. Plus there is that retractable cargo bay cover that is hanging behind the 2nd row of seating. I'm not too worried about it, third row would be nice but honestly having a giant cargo area is probably more useful.

Yours doesn't have the points in the floor like you mention but yeah the side mounts are the most obvious ones. Plus you don't have the third row floor mat. Yours must not have come with it at all, but I've also never seen that retractable cargo cover. Must have been an option.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 8, 2021

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Looking back I see that cargo cover mount there at the rear doors as Kaker said, you couldn’t have that with the side fold seats as the cover wouldn’t be compatible and this is Toyota after all. Third row seats I’m sure are on yahoo auctions but you could probably buy another car from Japan for the cost plus shipping for that.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Crowns and other full-size sedans are the best value in terms of how much car you can get. A boring-rear end, clean, low mileage (sub 50k even) non-turbo JZ white one with wool interior can be had for under 5k all day. Some of the weirder ones like UZ-equipped 4WD models get more expensive. Wagons are more expensive but even then, not much more.
If you deviate outside of Toyota and into Nissan you can get stuff insanely cheap. Again, all boring sedans but tons of car with a bit of unique charm for not a lot of money. I wouldn't anticipate making any money on them for resale though. The G and JZ engine models absolutely can come with manual transmissions. The UZs and wagons I've not seen, doesn't mean they don't exist though.

Just to confirm, Toyota never put a manual box behind a UZ engine. If you see a V8 manual Crown/Soarer/Aristo/Celsior/whatever, its a conversion.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I daily a 2jz Crown Majesta. It is absolutely ridiculous value. I may have 7k in it registered and plated. I love everything about it, getting in it, the seats, the drive. After a bad experience with a Celsior and it’s AC, I picked this one because of a somewhat hard to find no air suspension but all the other good stuff, did not want to deal with air suspension problems for a family car. I didn’t realize at the time the EMV (electro multivision) could be a problem - this is a mid 90s touch screen radio/climate/gps! Mine is perfect, but if I was shopping for one find a model with the non emv…or make sure it’s perfect with inspection. I know a guy who fixes them but it’s in NZ and it’s about $1k.

Don’t buy a low end Toyota if you want one for yourself like a Sprinter or Corolla…nothing wrong with them but for the same price or a tiny bit more get a freaking Crown.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Mr. Apollo posted:

Off topic, but since I saw him brought up here, WhistlinDiesel said he'll probably leave YT because his videos are getting age restricted, demonetized, and YT is flagging them for review before they can be posted. WD said he'll probably join Steven Crowder on Rumble.

Guy is a weenie and the less notoriety he gets the better. Destroying things for the sake of destroying things is lame.

johnnyonetime posted:

I have seen a few that were not 3rd row seating so I think it is a thing. I think the missing third row probably makes the car more practical since those back jump seats are pretty small and decimates any cargo space you once had. Less weight too.

My Prado was picked up from Long Beach yesterday I have not heard from the transporter when to expect the car but I would guess by the end of the week? He took some photos and it was nice to finally get some high res shots. It looks really good and I like those front fog lights a lot!

there are some neat easter eggs in the background photos.

My Partsouq order of various filters and thermostats and small things hasn't shipped yet but no big deal. Huge thanks to KakerMix and johnnyonetime for their help via misc PMs! Four years since my first post in this thread and I have finally done something!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Your Prado looks fantastic!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I have seen a few that were not 3rd row seating so I think it is a thing. I think the missing third row probably makes the car more practical since those back jump seats are pretty small and decimates any cargo space you once had. Less weight too.

If given the choice I'd pick the Prado without the third row seats every time. Too small to be useful and a pain in the rear end to remove them so they just become these dumb things stuck to the side blocking windows.

Dock pics for a couple vehicles came in:

The Town Ace looks amazing as expected, and the bonus on the Hilux with the topper is the bed is flawless and the winch is actually an OEM Toyota winch. I knew they existed but have never actually seen it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Wait, is the Town Ace 4wd?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

LeeMajors posted:

Wait, is the Town Ace 4wd?

Did you ever doubt it wasn't? Both of them (The Town Ace and the Master Ace) are 4WD, real 4WD too with Hilux guts driving it all. RWD normally, lock the hubs and dive into 4WD baby.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KakerMix posted:

Did you ever doubt it wasn't? Both of them (The Town Ace and the Master Ace) are 4WD, real 4WD too with Hilux guts driving it all. RWD normally, lock the hubs and dive into 4WD baby.

I was just teasing because it’s got rad 4WD poo poo all over it.

My folks had the American equivalent TOYOTA VAN when I was a kid and it loving ruled besides the seat getting hot as poo poo from the engine below.

I remember my dad changing a timing belt (I think) on it once it was a total pain in the dick to access.

Great car though. I’d drive the poo poo out of it, like everything here.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hey KakerMix don't post pictures of keys online lol

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chris Knight posted:

Hey KakerMix don't post pictures of keys online lol

If someone wants to steal this van a key isn't going to help nor hurt their chances. The point of posting the key is the sick ultra-old school Toyota branding on it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've found having the correct key isn't always necessary for an old Toyota.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Charles posted:

I've found having the correct key isn't always necessary for an old Toyota.

This one probably won't tolerate just any old key, but I've had a few imports that don't even grab the key anymore, just pop it out whenever you want even while running!

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

KakerMix posted:

This one probably won't tolerate just any old key, but I've had a few imports that don't even grab the key anymore, just pop it out whenever you want even while running!
My old ex-cop Crown Vic did this and it was quite convenient when I wanted to leave the car running while running in somewhere quickly (which became mandatory for a while thanks to starter issues).

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
My old XJ had a key which would routinely pop out while driving. I once got to work, went to shut the car off, and then spent 10 min looking for the key (it was wedged under my seat).

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Absolutely dripping in sex appeal. I cannot believe babby's first import finally happened! Almost three months to the day from winning at auction to delivery in front of my house.

I got my export docs on my Surf so more paperwork getting filled out and assuming all goes well I will be seeing that before the end of the year too! Wild times.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

The well-worn key for my AE86 pulls right out any time you want. It and the cylinder are so worn, I'm surprised it requires the key at all, really.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:siren: INCOMING KEY POST :siren:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Damned proper work truck. You'll make a killing on that one.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

KakerMix posted:

:siren: INCOMING KEY POST :siren:

I'll be down to steal that once it arrives with my home made keys.

That is a perfect truck that's been used but still looks like clean underneath and yeah it's going to bring a lot of money. That was a good buy.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

The 730th one that rolled off the line :c00l:

EDIT

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 22, 2021

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Oh Dang x2.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man those speakers in that Tarago 4WD :radcat:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Got an imported Japanese car thing:

According to the seller:

"This is the Imax Emergency Escape E2 Tool made by Seizo Imai in Seki, Japan. Imax was Imai's personal brand which he reserved for his best production knives. Imai patented this unique design in 1999 to market in Japan, primarily to Toyota. Seizo Imai was one [of] Seki, Japan's finest craftsmen and most famous knifemakers of the modern era. After his passing, several new old stock models were found at his warehouse."

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I too got an imported Japanese car thing:

Inside that Hilux where true 'things' though:

I'll get more pictures and things tomorrow, have had just enough time to change the oil in the ST205 and give it a short shakedown, and use the Hilux to go pick up some oil filters. I assume that fire extinguisher is quite uncommon, and the box for it probably non-existent. Inside the OFFICIAL TOYOTA BURLAP SACK is a set of tire chains and the accessories needed to mount them to a set of wheels. A bit rusty, but they look unused otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lies, show us the official Toyota potatoes.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Loving the Toyota Rent-a-Car keychain, and the omamori hanging in the 4WD van as well, but that fire bottle is probably a hazard, it's likely original (can't zoom in enough but I think it's labeled as being from 1995).

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Frame that burlap sack

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Lies, show us the official Toyota potatoes.

Toyota, potato, Toyota, potato, let's call the whole thing off.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

MikeyTsi posted:

Toyota, potato, Toyota, potato, let's call the whole thing off.

I was hoping for a Toyota/Toyoda joke, very disappointed.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Can we get a detailed pic of the small inlet that is fed by the small hole in the hood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010
I had two vehicles arrive at port at the same time which is a first for me. I asked my buddies if anyone wanted to go on a flight with me and road trip these babies back but no takers. Enter my recently retired father, "Sure sounds like an adventure!". Long story short we have been road tripping for the past few days across the southwest and it's been a blast. It's been especially memorable for me because I love being around my Dad and he lives two states over from me. We've had only minor issues to repair on the vehicles to keep us moving, full maintenance run-downs will happen later.

Land Cruiser Prado and a long boy Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear. So much fun. I'll post a few more pics when we are back home.