Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I doubt it. I think they pretty clearly dictated their terms to ESPN and will likely do the same to any other suitors. I don’t think either guy is hurting for money and they both seem like the type that would rather do what they want than make a few extra million.

Yeah, they’re very much doing things on their terms and I can’t see either of them going anywhere that forced them into doing stuff they didn’t like doing.

That said, if Amazon let them be uncensored and say whatever the hell they want, bring back a loaded BeefMoe every few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AndrewP posted:

Same room, no guests unless it's a former teammate maybe.

all the football guests I've seen have been great, all the non-football people have been terrible.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fate Accomplice posted:

all the football guests I've seen have been great, all the non-football people have been terrible.

Ooh, ooh I know which one's going to be copied more though!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Or it’ll ruin a good thing through over saturation.

man remember when Kobe was injured and just tweeting during Laker games as Coach Vino? it was the greatest poo poo ever and then the broadcasts started showing them and it was instantly ruined

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, they’re very much doing things on their terms and I can’t see either of them going anywhere that forced them into doing stuff they didn’t like doing.

That said, if Amazon let them be uncensored and say whatever the hell they want, bring back a loaded BeefMoe every few weeks.

If not him, who would’ve thought this a week ago, but give me DGAF Joe Buck.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hire the third manning brother as well so Peyton and Eli can just feed it to him during boring games about never making it to the NFL.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Remembering that DT was the guy who caught Tebow's OT pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMVnLsODqqg

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Uh I guess it's time to see what they got in Josh Palmer I guess?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

On the other side it looks like the entire Giants offense has died so rip them https://twitter.com/Dan_Salomone/status/1469420846116655110?t=eSPXMWAjKqcJ4cp2w1wz1g&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How far the poor old Giants have fallen.

The full story around Daniel Jones injury seems pretty bad though https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/09/new-york-giants-daniel-jones-suffered-structural-damage-in-neck/ Giants are denying he was originally hurt in week 11 and played risking further injury. Given the NFL fuckery around injuries nothing would surprise me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think either guy is hurting for money and they both seem like the type that would rather do what they want than make a few extra million.

yes, a very common trait among millionaires I have noticed

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Daniel Jones is officially cooked for the rest of his life because of Joe judge. Love to give 20 year olds crippling neck problems to secure a bottom of the nfc east season.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

BlindSite posted:

How far the poor old Giants have fallen.

The full story around Daniel Jones injury seems pretty bad though https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/09/new-york-giants-daniel-jones-suffered-structural-damage-in-neck/ Giants are denying he was originally hurt in week 11 and played risking further injury. Given the NFL fuckery around injuries nothing would surprise me.

"Structural damage to the neck" seems like an injury that is less week-to-week and more uncertain if he'll ever play again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ah Romo and Peyton played after having some vertebrae fused. He can tough it i out.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Kalli posted:

I've had my teams win championships but this is still the most mind-meltingly joyous moment of my sports life.

Man, RIP

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Hope Amazon can convince them to stop trying to be talk show hosts and let them just riff on the games.

Yes, no guests unless the guests are going to talk about football or the games exclusively.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

yes, a very common trait among millionaires I have noticed

There are plenty of millionaires who choose comfort or getting to do what they want over having a few extra million dollars when they’ve already got tens or hundreds of them.

Lots of football players take less than they could likely get as a free agent to stay with their team or go to a super bowl contender, for example.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I've had my teams win championships but this is still the most mind-meltingly joyous moment of my sports life.

Man, RIP

Congratulations Mr. Irvin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rUswrL3qJY

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chucktesla posted:

Uh I guess it's time to see what they got in Josh Palmer I guess?

I hope Keenan is back for KC

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

At first I thought the first game DT's mom got to see him play in person was this one because it was a wild card game against Pittsburgh, but sadly it was a different WC game against the Steelers.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Man, RIP

Seriously, agreed. SB50 was incredible but this moment is why I'm a fan.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Someone post the TFF explosion when DT caught that pass.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dumptrucks full of cash will get them to go anywhere.

100% Eli is gonna demand Amazon gift cards so he can send semis full of prune juice to Peyton

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Make it Eli, Peyton and Ochocinco and I think you got me on Amazon

Also RIP DT

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

boop the snoot posted:

Someone post the TFF explosion when DT caught that pass.

Got you covered, friend

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459407&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=156#post399366164

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There are plenty of millionaires who choose comfort or getting to do what they want over having a few extra million dollars when they’ve already got tens or hundreds of them.

Lots of football players take less than they could likely get as a free agent to stay with their team or go to a super bowl contender, for example.

The vast majority don't, even if it would help their team win a lot, and a cynic might say that winning a super bowl/being on a really good team will more than pay for itself in the form of any future contracts/endorsements.

But yes, you're technically right. It does happen. It's just exceedingly rare and not a single rich person I've met was EVER happy with how much they had even if it was a lot.

Also remember, we are talking about these guys:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cringe

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Fate Accomplice posted:

Joe Buck was awesome

I guess he’s sorta a football guest though

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

wyoak posted:

Joe Buck was awesome

I guess he’s sorta a football guest though

yeah I intended to lump Buck in with "football guest" vs "player," but I should have made that clearer. someone engaged with the game professionally - media, player, former player, etc.

contrast that with Letterman, who was terrible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fate Accomplice posted:

contrast that with Letterman, who was terrible.

I didn't watch this but it strikes me that Letterman is at his best when he's riffing off of someone else, which is the opposite of what goes on with the Manning show.

Just a bad matchup, styles make fights comedy and all.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lmao

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Thank you for doing the needful. I remember laughing so goddamn hard.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Kawalimus on Pittsburgh sports radio starts around page 201

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That win was perhaps the greatest accomplishment in human history.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/Schopptalk/status/1469391658496233478

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Now lemme tell you all about Lincoln and Kennedy connections.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TIL that Brady and Antoine Winfield have a son.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The nfl is a joke meritocracy

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1469485875625140229

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

boop the snoot posted:

TIL that Brady and Antoine Winfield have a son.

Gives new meaning to the TB12 method

:quagmire: