Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sacrificed everything for the 1 win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
At least the Vikings gave a bunch of lovely steeler fans the hope of winning and then, through no action of their own, dashed them. gently caress the Steelers. Also, gently caress Menards.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

A single tear is rolling down my cheek as I think about the people in the other divisional threads not hearing the jingle as they read this title.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Just lol if you post in a divisional thread without hearing a fat Midwesterner shout “MENARDS!” in your head.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

I assume you saw the injury report from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/RichieCozz/status/1469060191257706498?s=20

Nurgle heard about the Lions' victory and decided to help with the celebrations by spreading his blessings.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

JGdmn posted:

Just lol if you post in a divisional thread without hearing a fat Midwesterner shout “MENARDS!” in your head.

All i hear is the unmittigated horror of their commercials screaming at you. Every time menards commercial plays, you wince because you think you may blow out your speakers. Your tv could be set to a 10 volume, but it plays max volume anyways, because you need to SAVE BIG MONEY.

Seriously, my memory of mendards is a commercial so loud and distorted that even my long dead grandfather could save big money if the volumn of their commercials could vibrate his bones into the store. I think i just need to roll a tv to the gravesite and it could happen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweH1131Vw0

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The songs of my childhood

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o79t7L35vIo

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
10% off all the hot dish you can fit in this paper bag

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
You aren't a true Menards commercial OG if you don't immediately hear hot banjos when you see one of their stores

Rectal Placenta fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 11, 2021

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

A single tear is rolling down my cheek as I think about the people in the other divisional threads not hearing the jingle as they read this title.

One single page here has more jingle then their entire threads.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://youtu.be/4JzApYSx0Bk

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Snake light!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsD_Lg2pJg

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Used to say "save big money at my nards" as a kid almost 30 years ago !!!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Lions thing is weird.

Four guys are on the covid list, but up to 22 players got sick, but with a flu of some kind, that is totally not covid.

Obviously, if that many guys got covid you're looking at a forfeit and the players not getting paid.

At face value its possible, but this seems fishy.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also didn't the entire lions coaching staff get covid last year before the Bucs game?

We know how that one ended.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grevlek posted:

I’m still saying it now.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Danny LaFever posted:

The Lions thing is weird.

Four guys are on the covid list, but up to 22 players got sick, but with a flu of some kind, that is totally not covid.

Obviously, if that many guys got covid you're looking at a forfeit and the players not getting paid.

At face value its possible, but this seems fishy.

Goff was actually a little sick for the game last Sunday with whatever bug was going around, and it got worse and he was out on Monday.

Was listening to some talking heads say that Denver was about the worst place to play if under the weather.

I know everyone expects the resurgent Lions to blow out the Broncos, but it could end up being close with all these health issues.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There’s definitely a non-COVID bug going around that tore its way through my wife’s family in the last few weeks and I had middle of this week. Meanwhile one of her sisters got COVID but nobody outside of her immediate home got it (thanks to everyone including the sister and her husband and kids being vaxxed presumably).

Basically it’s not that suspicious that another illness spread during peak flu season.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Guy A. Person posted:

There’s definitely a non-COVID bug going around that tore its way through my wife’s family in the last few weeks and I had middle of this week. Meanwhile one of her sisters got COVID but nobody outside of her immediate home got it (thanks to everyone including the sister and her husband and kids being vaxxed presumably).

Basically it’s not that suspicious that another illness spread during peak flu season.

yeah, last week I was hosed up and got two covid tests and a flu test, all negative. still have a dry cough from it which I feel constant pressure to reassure everyone isn’t covid

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Grevlek posted:

Freshman year of college, we were sitting around watching TV when the commercial played. Afterward, a kid sang the jingle again with that same little tweak. A girl asked if that meant he had a "discount dick," which frankly is still the most devastating burn I've ever heard. It didn't get the reaction it deserved at the time, but I still appreciate it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Just leave the room after a girl burns you like that. There’s no coming back.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Guy A. Person posted:

one of the theories over here is that a lot of people have got hit harder by colds and normal flu because we've spent the last year or so in masks, distancing and stuff and so our natural immunities to those bugs have waned a bit as a result

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I'm sure everyone in the NFL gets their flu shots though, they've never had a problem getting players vaccinated.

Hold on I'm being handed some breaking news

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
My kid brought home a nasty nonflu or covid bug from daycare. knocked him and my wife on their rear end for 2 days. And I still have a cough from it though I didn't get very sick.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
lol

https://twitter.com/HustleChillson/status/1469737722512240640?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1469755143667298307

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Think I might be watching redzone instead of Lions-Broncos this Sunday lads

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I made a Menard's commercial parody in Spanish class in 9th grade. Even had the banjo music in the background and everything. I dumped a ton of baby powder in my hair to make it white like the Menard's guy.

e: Also, fun fact, the Menard's guy's great nephew is Eric Szmanda, who plays Greg Sanders on CSI.

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 11, 2021

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Jesus, how'd the Saints manage to gently caress their cap so badly? Isn't Brees off their books?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Saints always seem to be in cap trouble and they just rework contracts to get out of it. I’m more amazed at the Chargers. They have ton of space to sign people next year, and they’re already a pretty good team.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm at Menards and it sucks gently caress this place

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Yup. But you can buy a sawzall and a can of baked beans at the same place, so…

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yup. But you can buy a sawzall and a can of baked beans at the same place, so…

Surely there are easier ways to open a can of beans.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Quiet Feet posted:

I assume folks are in the Midwest because they dislike life being easy or pleasant.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Yea, get a chop saw.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Any man that buys a tool at Menards is in for a bad time, but they're generally the best place for raw materials

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Menards vs Fleet Farm

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

Mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SirPablo posted:

Menards vs Fleet Farm

Farm and Fleet is the bougie Menards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUyQDttbgxg