Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

homeless snail posted:

guess it's time for my unintentionally annual gunbuster rewatch after I finish endwalker

Fly High, snail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The AotY list is going to be pretty difficult for me this go around. There were so many good shows in Q1, and the year is ending strong despite the summer slump.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hosed up that i have to watch peak steven blum

marumaru
May 20, 2013

now that Netflix killed la bebop all the la fans are coming out of the woodwork to talk about how good it is. this is bizarre. am i that out of touch in thinking it was an irredeemable poo poo show or is being controversial that endearing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no it's bad

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Like the only good thing about it was most of the casting.

Everything else was a trash fire.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

marumaru posted:

now that Netflix killed la bebop all the la fans are coming out of the woodwork to talk about how good it is. this is bizarre. am i that out of touch in thinking it was an irredeemable poo poo show or is being controversial that endearing

It's poo poo and the people who enjoyed it have bad loving taste in media and take any bottom of the barrel garbage as legitimate entertainment when there is better poo poo that even fulfills that role

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

marumaru posted:

The majority of the casting was pretty good in my opinion, shame about everything else though

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Uwe Boll could have made a better adaptation than the Netflix version, its that bad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The casting was fine, but every other part of the show is the drizzling shits made into a live action series funded by some loving moron in an office who is throwing darts at a board trying to find the next thing that will blow up on netflix so they can get some easy attention/money

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

The majority of the casting was pretty good in my opinion, shame about everything else though

yeah i agree with that 100%. jet was particularly great
the writers and directors should seek alternative employment

marumaru
May 20, 2013

was la cowboy bebop written by the same people as nutrek? (discovery, picard)

(it's pretty funny that of all the nutreks the one that has the most respect for / gets the originals the most is lower decks lol)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I do kind of feel bad for the actor they got to play Ed for all of one scene though as that was apparently their first major role.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Aurora posted:

hosed up that i have to watch peak steven blum

SMH, that’s the red dinosaur in Digimon, man.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Digimon sucks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
harsh, but fair

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Spotify is giving me travel ads for Ohio.

Who the gently caress vacations in Ohio in the winter? Or at all?!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Baal posted:

It's mostly the dub script is better than the sub scripts tend to be, but also Daran Norris is in the dub and I love hearing Timmy's Dad talk about the war on titan as he hallucinates butterflies.

I grew up watching Fairly Odd Parents so it always makes me giggle a bit whenever I hear Daran Norris in anime. He's hilarious as Cowboy Andy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

took me a minute to realize this was "nu trek" not "nut rek"

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

I do kind of feel bad for the actor they got to play Ed for all of one scene though as that was apparently their first major role.

yeah they're likely going to carry this stigma for a while. again even in their case I really don't feel like it's their fault at all, it's the writers and directors.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they looked so loving weird and were only in it for a scene, it'll probably be fine for normal acting stuff

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

dogsicle posted:

they looked so loving weird and were only in it for a scene, it'll probably be fine for normal acting stuff

Ed is not really a character that translates well to live action to be honest

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

they should have made Ed 100% cgi

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's insane to me that dream can say whatever bullshit he wants and his 15yo fans will defend him to the death

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive gone through my life not thinking about dream and im not about to start until he's elected president

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dear god no

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Odds are good

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Well, "bad"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

it's insane to me that dream can say whatever bullshit he wants and his 15yo fans will defend him to the death

Who’s Dream?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

yeah i cant believe it. its insane. its crazy stuff. stay safe out there

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Larryb posted:

Who’s Dream?

he cheated at mindcraft

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Furnaceface posted:

Spotify is giving me travel ads for Ohio.

Who the gently caress vacations in Ohio in the winter? Or at all?!

Come visit the scenic Hell is Real sign, spacious fields of corn, and three entire cities.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Larryb posted:

Who’s Dream?

A much better LittleBigPlanet

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Who’s Dream?

Popular minecraft youtuber, won "content creator of the year" at the game awards, which was hilarious, given his main claim to fame this year outside of his circle of underage fans was him cheating to get a minecraft world record, and when caught and called out, instead of admitting it mobilized his fan base to harass people and put out a lovely defense by a hack "mathematician" on probability. Eventually he did give in, with the lame rear end excuse that he "didn't know" he was cheating (because a lot of times they use mods for their challenge vids and such) and of course no acknowledgement of how he treated everyone who held him accountable like dogshit and caused a bunch of harassment for them.

In other words, Dream is a piece of poo poo who takes advantage of gullible people and small children.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also he said he was gonna donate all his proceedings during pride month to lgbt charities then only streamed once the whole month

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
This dream guy sounds like a real piece of poo poo nightmare

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

also he said he was gonna donate all his proceedings during pride month to lgbt charities then only streamed once the whole month

To add, IIRC, he only did that one stream on the last day of the month because someone called him out for it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

marumaru posted:

was la cowboy bebop written by the same people as nutrek? (discovery, picard)
It was written by the guy who wrote the cinematic masterpiece THOR 2: The Dark World

marumaru posted:

If it were just some bebop-inspired space show it would be remembered as this cheap, cheezy, syfy channel level series that somehow got a surprisingly good cast. But instead they tried to remake Bebop and well...

Julias posted:

Popular minecraft youtuber, won "content creator of the year" at the game awards, which was hilarious, given his main claim to fame this year outside of his circle of underage fans was him cheating to get a minecraft world record, and when caught and called out, instead of admitting it mobilized his fan base to harass people and put out a lovely defense by a hack "mathematician" on probability. Eventually he did give in, with the lame rear end excuse that he "didn't know" he was cheating (because a lot of times they use mods for their challenge vids and such) and of course no acknowledgement of how he treated everyone who held him accountable like dogshit and caused a bunch of harassment for them.

In other words, Dream is a piece of poo poo who takes advantage of gullible people and small children.
Sounds like a real piece of poo poo but as I was reading this and got to "underage fans" I was expecting something sex predator level horrific and now I'm somehow relieved that the game awards trending gamer is bad but not that bad (so far as we know). It's a really low bar I guess.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

marumaru posted:

You know how people say it's okay for different people to like different things and that's okay and we should all respect it?

This is why that's wrong. This is a time when all of that is wrong. Sometimes it is NOT okay for people to like a thing, and this is one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nah it's fine if you like live action bebop, even if it means you have poo poo taste. poo poo taste is not a crime.