Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I”‘m thinkin; about thos fobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
sittin here pondering the fob

Barudak
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

It's most of the standard open world bullshit that is in every game these days, but the way it doles it out in small doses and the really fun gameplay has me 100%ing everything. Which I absolutely do not do in open world games. And I'm having a lot of fun doing it too! Game is good.

I genuinely think it not having a ton of them, each being a consistent shape but unique troop deployments in a game where that actually means something, and being very brief helps the game a ton. Squad defenses, FOBs, and HVTs are very brief and completely open to whatever your preferred strain of horseshit is so you don't get bogged down and you can very clearly see that you're not gonna be here grinding them for days.

Hell by late game when you get the wasp you can just show the brute with a hammer boss the true meaning of air superiority while the little gremliny fucker with an electro gun will make you sad.

Edit: Does Halo Infinite have the finest explosive barrels in gaming? I posit yes

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

veni veni veni posted:

It's most of the standard open world bullshit that is in every game these days, but the way it doles it out in small doses and the really fun gameplay has me 100%ing everything. Which I absolutely do not do in open world games. And I'm having a lot of fun doing it too! Game is good.

Same. I think it's because the map icons are very manageable compared to your typical Ubisoft style open world.

brb, going to conquer another fob.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I’m just talking about FOBS

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You down with FOB? Yeah you know me

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

FOB her? I hardly knew her.

Started the campaign. All hail a razorback full of marines.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Just cleared a fob without firing a single shot. Just drove around it in circles in a warthog carrying 2 marines.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love the Brutes/Elites who are like "FACE ME YOU COWARD" as you rain aerial death down upon them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sniping the shackles off chained marines and letting them run wild and then joining the madness… gaming bliss

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sniping the shackles off chained marines and letting them run wild and then joining the madness… gaming bliss

They're invulnerable while shackled so I cleared out those attacks without ever releasing them like Chief is just the biggest show-off rear end in a top hat in the universe. "Hey Marine, check out this swing" <slams a grunt into deep space with a brutehammer>

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

The gently caress is a fob?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ligma fob

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
a fob is the wireless thing you use to unlock and lock your car, also it usually opens the trunk and has a button for setting off the alarm

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you're posting in this thread and don't know what a FOB is I'm gonna eye you suspiciously as a game pass less lesser gamer. A Gamer S if you will.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I didn't know what a FOB was until I played MGSV Phantom Pain

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Grog knobs robbed by mobbed FOB hob, cobbed slobs sobbed

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Gonna S-Rank those FOBs

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao I got the achievement for clearing every FOB. I still have one more Banished outpost to clear before I get that achievement, though. Thankfully, after you beat the game it drops you back into the world to complete the stuff you missed. I thought I had killed all the high value targets but it turns out there's still one of those left for me to eliminate.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Some of you guys are quick in completing the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

And some of us are quick in bed 😎

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Did metal gear call them "fawbs" or "eff-oh-bees"?

I like the open world choice, most Halo enjoyment since 1/2. The areas feel kind of sparse to me though, reminds me a bit of Rage 2 or Mad Max.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I hate dealing with Hunters, I'm very bad at it and always die 500 times. Thankfully I think I just finished my last pair.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
a fob is what unlocks your car, idiots

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

SpiderLink posted:

I hate dealing with Hunters, I'm very bad at it and always die 500 times. Thankfully I think I just finished my last pair.

The best is when you kill one the other becomes enraged and is even harder

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

found a good strat for the hunters:

shoot them with a tank

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

The best is when you kill one the other becomes enraged and is even harder

That explains a lot actually, I just assumed my luck kept running out. The thruster helps but it's kind of hit or miss and sometimes they just blast you and take you from full to dead in a few seconds =D

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My Xbox headphones mic suddenly stopped working.

The mic monitoring option in the audio options is grayed out (along with headset volume and chat mixer) and turned all the way down to zero.

Any idea what I can do? I tried using another controller, another headset, etc but nothing works. I updated the controller and nothing.

It was working fine an hour ago.

Edit: if I go to the device menu I see my headset attached but the volume option is greyed out.

I can head audio fine but can’t get the mic to register…

RCarr fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 11, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

RCarr posted:

My Xbox headphones mic suddenly stopped working.

The mic monitoring option in the audio options is grayed out (along with headset volume and chat mixer) and turned all the way down to zero.

Any idea what I can do? I tried using another controller, another headset, etc but nothing works. I updated the controller and nothing.

It was working fine an hour ago.

Edit: if I go to the device menu I see my headset attached but the volume option is greyed out.

I can head audio fine but can’t get the mic to register…

I know it sounds crazy but reboot the Xbox. always give that a cold reboot and see if that helps the system UI fucks up in ways I've never seen before.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’ve tried that a few times as well. I’m so confused.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

univbee posted:

Forza Horizon 5 just won the Game Award for Accessibility because of the sign language interpreters that aren't in the game currently. :thunk:

No, it won because it has an extensive accessibility suite now and they are committed to expanding it with an ASL on screen interpreter.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The recharging shields are basically the only thing standing in the way between the boss fights in Halo being fun vs the dog poo poo that they are. Especially on harder difficulties they feel cheap as gently caress since the only way you can damage them is to sustain damage while not being able to take any sustained damage yourself. because you die in like 2 hits. it’s basically impossible to face tank them so it’s all this game of trying to find the best way to cheese it.

No game should have bosses with recharging shields. I can’t imagine anyone actually enjoys it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Just use the pulse carbine, it rips through their shields in seconds. That combined with throwing fusion coils in their faces and grappling out of the way all the time works well.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's just too humorous to not ask -- should I play this new Halo game? I've played Halo for about 15 minutes total. I have played over 500 hours of Destiny 1 & 2.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

enojy posted:

It's just too humorous to not ask -- should I play this new Halo game? I've played Halo for about 15 minutes total. I have played over 500 hours of Destiny 1 & 2.

Yes. It’s great. The first good halo game.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Just use the pulse carbine, it rips through their shields in seconds. That combined with throwing fusion coils in their faces and grappling out of the way all the time works well.

Yeah. The needler does work on health bars too.

The fact that they have recharging shields means you have to be more thoughtful about how you use yours. If you run and hide to recharge, theirs recharges too and now you're down ammo and grenades. I like it as a mechanic, honestly.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Evil Badman posted:

No, it won because it has an extensive accessibility suite now and they are committed to expanding it with an ASL on screen interpreter.

The engine speed adjustment is probably revolutionary and I hope some implementation of it is in every major AAA game that can support it in the future.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

enojy posted:

It's like Destiny but good

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The matrix Unreal Engine 5 tech demo is worth checking out. I didn't really know what it was when I heard about it but it's actually super impressive to mess around in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seltzer posted:

The matrix Unreal Engine 5 tech demo is worth checking out. I didn't really know what it was when I heard about it but it's actually super impressive to mess around in.
I'm downloading it now and looking forward to checking it out in a little bit! The Digital Foundry "this is how next-gen games will look and you can play it right now" video from earlier really got me excited for it.