Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

The best thing about the UK is their comedies imho.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Escape From Noise posted:

The best thing about the UK is their comedies imho.

Deffo isn't their hosed food. Although, I'd say their booze is pretty good too. I might need to watch some more cats does countdown.
3:50a.m. :trashed:

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Areola Grande posted:

:britain: I usually wake up wishing I was British :pray:

not even joking. I wonder if there's a word for that, like on the level of cheugy

cheugy works tbh

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Areola Grande posted:

:britain: I usually wake up wishing I was British :pray:

I could def go for a full english breakfast right now, I'd prob have to get back to sleep for the morning but that'd be fine with me.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Escape From Noise

nesamdoom posted:

Deffo isn't their hosed food. Although, I'd say their booze is pretty good too. I might need to watch some more cats does countdown.
3:50a.m. :trashed:

I really enjoy the work of Chris Morris and Armando Iannucci.

peanut

karaoke w friends at byob karaoke place w private rooms

my friends aren't here yet, they're having cat problems!
cheers deers

Escape From Noise

Havin some beers and being tired.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I really enjoy the work of Chris Morris and Armando Iannucci.

Never heard of either of them. I was thinking like Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Richard Ayoade, and Matt Berry kinda comedies. Or I guess like Fawlty Towers was good.

peanut posted:

karaoke w friends at byob karaoke place w private rooms

my friends aren't here yet, they're having cat problems!
cheers deers

I'd love some karaoke, but like only hosed up songs that make people uncomfortable.

Escape From Noise

nesamdoom posted:

Never heard of either of them. I was thinking like Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Richard Ayoade, and Matt Berry kinda comedies. Or I guess like Fawlty Towers was good.

I'd love some karaoke, but like only hosed up songs that make people uncomfortable.

I also like Bill Bailey, Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade. Stewart Lee is good too. Chris Morris is in Ayoade's The Double and plays the boss in IT Crowd. Steve Coogan's Alan Partridge character actually originated on The Day Today.

For Chris Morris his big shows were The Day Today, Brass Eye, Nathan Barley, and Jam. Jam was based on the radio play Blue Jam. All of these are on YouTube, although Jam/Blue Jam can be fairly disturbing. He also directed a film called Founr Lions. He's also written some.

Armando Iannucci collaborated and wrote with Morris a lot and wrote/directed The Thick of It, Veep, Time Trumpet, and The Armando Iannucci Show, the last two are on YouTube. He also wrote and directed the film In the Loop and directed the film Death of Stalin.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I also like Bill Bailey, Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade. Stewart Lee is good too. Chris Morris is in Ayoade's The Double and plays the boss in IT Crowd. Steve Coogan's Alan Partridge character actually originated on The Day Today.

For Chris Morris his big shows were The Day Today, Brass Eye, Nathan Barley, and Jam. Jam was based on the radio play Blue Jam. All of these are on YouTube, although Jam/Blue Jam can be fairly disturbing. He also directed a film called Founr Lions. He's also written some.

Armando Iannucci collaborated and wrote with Morris a lot and wrote/directed The Thick of It, Veep, Time Trumpet, and The Armando Iannucci Show, the last two are on YouTube. He also wrote and directed the film In the Loop and directed the film Death of Stalin.

I forgot about Noel Feilding and how hosed Luxury Comedy and The Mighty Boosh are.

Holy poo poo, I never knew his name but I love Denholm. I def gotta look for more stuff with Chris Morris. The delivery of absolutely insane statements loving killed me, the stress testing episode where he's yelling at Jen with the balloon breaks me every time I see it and I just laugh myself near death. Also, I didn't realize Ayoade directed/wrote The Double, which is another thing I really liked. Trashing lead me to such wonderful information today.
Honestly though, The IT Crowd was loving stacked as gently caress on casting. Chris O'Dowd is awesome in Moon Boy, Family Tree(I think that's the title), The Cloverfield Paradox(really the only part of the movie worth rewatching for), and FAQ About Time Travel. The casting for that show pretty much couldn't have failed.

I got loads of new stuff to watch and so my weekend should be pretty full of interesting stuff, probably don't need to rewatch something i've already seen 20 times(unless I need to load up some He-Man and really enjoy being alive).

more falafel please

forums poster

the best British food is Indian food

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

more falafel please posted:

the best British food is Indian food

Sunday roasts :colbert:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Consider the noble apple.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Who's crewin' tonight? :cheers:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Barking Gecko posted:

I'm crewin! what's brewin?

:dare: :mario: :beerpal:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Barking Gecko

Areola Grande posted:

I'm crewin! what's brewin?

:dare: :mario: :beerpal:

The usual: Finnish vodka :finland:

What's your poison tonight?
:trashed:

Areola Grande

Barking Gecko posted:

The usual: Finnish vodka :finland:

What's your poison tonight?
:trashed:

it's a whiskey night. we had tornadic winds here last night and it was definitely not a whiskey night!

here's 2 surviving mother nature's wrath :cheersdoge:

Barking Gecko

Areola Grande posted:

it's a whiskey night. we had tornadic winds here last night and it was definitely not a whiskey night!

here's 2 surviving mother nature's wrath :cheersdoge:

:cheers: We were under a tornado watch until 5:00am, but the worst of the severe weather missed us. :c2b:

Areola Grande

Barking Gecko posted:

:cheers: We were under a tornado watch until 5:00am, but the worst of the severe weather missed us. :c2b:

just getting a taste of that crazy poo poo is kind of exciting when it doesn't kill you! last night on a walk my dog saw all the lightning on the horizon and requested that we go back home immediately

Barking Gecko

Smart dogge.

Areola Grande

Barking Gecko posted:

Smart dogge.

smarter than me sometimes. gave him a lil something for tryna save my life :3:

Barking Gecko

:nice:

So, should I have another drink? :hmmyes: or :hmmno:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Barking Gecko posted:

What does your soul tell you?

Areola Grande

Barking Gecko posted:

I'll have an ounce of Seagram's whiskey and toast u on that next drink old friend. Touching the liquor square rn

Barking Gecko

Zil posted:

What does your soul tell you?
My soul tells me I was wise to purchase another fifth of vodka this afternoon. :trashed:

Areola Grande

Barking Gecko posted:

My soul tells me I was wise to purchase another fifth of vodka this afternoon. :trashed:

I learned a long time ago, whether it's weed, booze, or food, always refill well before u run out of it

Barking Gecko

Areola Grande posted:

I learned a long time ago, whether it's weed, booze, or food, always refill well before u run out of it

:agreed:

Areola Grande

running out of baby carrots especially blows rear end. my lil dog isn't crazy about that fact rn

Areola Grande

there's a special trashed crew discord voice chat room I've been tryna revive. anybody down?

Escape From Noise

Cardi BYOB posted:

Consider the noble apple.

New York City???

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Well folks, it's been 3 and a half days, I'm still drunk. gonna take tomorrow to sleep all day and sober the gently caress up so I can get my poo poo together monday and do anything useful. Interesting few days of liquor and jerky, maybe halfway dead now. Prob see ya'll when I'm able to breath or move again, for now I'm gonna finish off my end of binge 42oz Olde English and then chuck on a podcast or maybe a full season and tuck myself into some blankets and hope for the best. If I don't make it back then just assume anxiety or possibly space wolves finally got me. Those loving space wolves are really out to get me, loving idiots haven't figured out how to enter atmosphere without crashing hard as gently caress... dumbshits, land gracefully in the water of course... Don't tell them that, I'm sure they can swim or something and then I'd def be in trouble.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Barking Gecko posted:

defnie "tonight"?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
more falafel please

forums poster

i drank some but there were 5 people at the gathering and I was NOT the drunkest one there which is an accomplishment on both my part and hers

i also smoked some of the doot doot

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

selan dyin

sup crew

peanut

Last night we went to a new bar that has unlimited candy and snacky things, you get a little basket and choose from the shelves. The only hot food is tiny instant ramen.
https://www.instagram.com/tamuru_dagashi/

Epic Prison Guy

doing illegal drugs is p cool

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

peanut posted:

Last night we went to a new bar that has unlimited candy and snacky things, you get a little basket and choose from the shelves. The only hot food is tiny instant ramen.
https://www.instagram.com/tamuru_dagashi/

this rules and can you imagine if there were weed bars that operated with this model???

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
cooking while high is enjoyable but by golly between the instant pot, air fryer and rice cooker all being similarly sized and shaped objects on the same counter I'm losing my mind just trying to get this rice cooker pot thing in the right container

is the instant pot air fryer lid thingy worth the cost of replacing a budget air fryer?

I still maintain the rice cooker is worth having an isolated unit.

Twenty Four

Areola Grande posted:

I have lived by this ethos for many years, I'm like a prepper but for booze lol.

From where I'm sitting now without really digging around, I can count well over a dozen handles (1.75 L) of liquor of several types (mostly whisky, but vodka, rum, gin, and tequila too), at least half a dozen smaller bottles of various liqueurs and specialty stuff, a couple bottles of wine, and some number of beers in the triple digits, at least over 100. That's just in this room. Some of it I rarely drink, but I like to have stuff on hand for guests or that odd craving.

None of this is top shelf stuff unless it was a gift, I'm poor as hell and have had no income in months because of surgery, but drat if I am going to run out of booze until it comes down to the wire!

Anyhow I haven't felt great for the past few days (nothing to worry about) but doing okay tonight, so I have a feeling it is going to be a trashed night later!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

Twenty Four posted:

I have lived by this ethos for many years, I'm like a prepper but for booze lol.

From where I'm sitting now without really digging around, I can count well over a dozen handles (1.75 L) of liquor of several types (mostly whisky, but vodka, rum, gin, and tequila too), at least half a dozen smaller bottles of various liqueurs and specialty stuff, a couple bottles of wine, and some number of beers in the triple digits, at least over 100. That's just in this room. Some of it I rarely drink, but I like to have stuff on hand for guests or that odd craving.

None of this is top shelf stuff unless it was a gift, I'm poor as hell and have had no income in months because of surgery, but drat if I am going to run out of booze until it comes down to the wire!

Anyhow I haven't felt great for the past few days (nothing to worry about) but doing okay tonight, so I have a feeling it is going to be a trashed night later!

hell yeah let's do it :beerpal: