Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
LR4 gift away! Should be there Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
LR 5 sign up info

Gift Preferences

I would love ANYTHING for Adeptus Titanicus. Seriously, I have nothing for it. If one of the campaign books sounds good to you, I'll happily take it
Yes I know all the Legion rules are in either the Loyal or Traitor books...just saying. I'm open to anything lol

Any of the expansions for Viticulture would be great too.
Visit from the Rhine
Moor visitor expansion

General Location : Utah but I'll ship anywhere

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone. If someone is grinched, please let me know. I'll do my part to help a Goon in need

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 11, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Holiday cheer has arrived, accompanied by the sounds of the dogs enthusiastically greeting/threatening the mail carrier.

John Carter source books! I've gotten super into reading Modiphius 2D20 source books as a way to entertain/torture myself for the last year and a half. Nothing like picking up a new hobby that you can't do because of a pandemic lockdown. I finished reading all of the Dune and Conan books, so John Carter gets to be my next obsession!

Flipping through them I came across this section, and it tickled my fancy for some reason. Just thought I'd share it in case other people would find it similarly interesting.

Thank you so much, secret gift giver! There was no note in the package, but this is almost certainly from my lightning round 4 Santa, as John Carter wasn't listed as a gift idea until then.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't think it's your LR4 santa, I think maybe your LR3 santa took note of your LR4 updated list! But I'll wait a moment to be sure before I record it as such in the Spreadsheet of Cheer.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Apparently the "almost" in my "almost certainly" was doing a lot of work. My bad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

Spreadsheet of Cheer.

This really sounds like an oxymoron but I realize it's not in this ONE case

If there is another Lightning Round I will jump in, this is a much needed source of fun (with a little stress) in a time of great stress (with too little fun)

Gift Preferences: I would mostly like weird but useful miniatures. I mostly play generic fantasy RPGs so things that could be PCs, NPCs, weird monsters, etc. Very cool sci-fi heroes or strange aliens are also ok if they are sufficiently awesome.

I love board games and card games but I'm very hard to buy for because I haven't managed to put together an avoid list - I'll have it done by next year for sure. I mean, if you have an extra copy of Gloomhaven lying around I won't say no, but I don't really have anything else on my radar. Feel free to ask (through Leperfish) if you have something you think is cool. I love fun, hard, silly, and/or complicated games that can be played by 3-5or6 people. That war of whispers earlier in the thread seemed neat, I hadn't heard of that before.

General Location: Florida, unfortunately

Solemn Vow: There's never been a grinchy me, and never shall I a grincher be.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4 ASSIGNMENTS ARE OUT

that means it's... round... f... five???

Infinitum posted:

Gift Preferences
I like board games.
Please send me a board game Santa.
A board game with a minimum player count of 4 players would be grand.

These are the board games I already own

This is my WIshlist, which is up to date

Board Game Oracle has an Australian shop section for best prices locally
I hope this makes your life easier Santa.

General Location
Sydney, Australia :australia:

Solemn Vow
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want (if you don't post a wishlist list you dumb gently caress)
But I will find you, and I will gift you.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That's 8 for LR5? :perfect:

rydiafan posted:

Holiday cheer has arrived, accompanied by the sounds of the dogs enthusiastically greeting/threatening the mail carrier.

John Carter source books! I've gotten super into reading Modiphius 2D20 source books as a way to entertain/torture myself for the last year and a half. Nothing like picking up a new hobby that you can't do because of a pandemic lockdown. I finished reading all of the Dune and Conan books, so John Carter gets to be my next obsession!

Flipping through them I came across this section, and it tickled my fancy for some reason. Just thought I'd share it in case other people would find it similarly interesting.

Thank you so much, secret gift giver! There was no note in the package, but this is almost certainly from my lightning round 4 Santa, as John Carter wasn't listed as a gift idea until then.

This was from me LR3! I was trying to play it safe since the information had changed. I also didn't know if you had the core book that they had so I tried to play it safe there too. It seems there is a few more various books and things I wasn't sure if you had or not already.

I had initially wanted to get you the miniatures the company has for it, but that website was out of the EU and it may not have got there in time. Mophidius had another american-based website, but that website didn't have any of the minis in stock. Very frustrating. I wanted to get you the third book that goes with this, but I couldn't find it on amazon at the time so I went with that.

I thought I had marked it as me but I guess I forgot :negative:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 11, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ibntumart posted:

Status update on gifting: LR2 and LR3 orders have arrived and should be out by tomorrow afternoon.

Also, looks like a box of Christmas cheer got mixed into the pile of Fedex and UPS boxes on my porch the other night:

Thanks to Mr. Cohen for masking the address!

I actually refolded and set aside this wrapping paper because I liked it so much. What festive and uplifting gift could it have concealed?

Well, it’s only bloomin’ Cthulhu Christmas tidings! Surely the most blasphenous and eldritch joyous of holiday cheer.

Seriously this is definitely my jam and am looking forward to digging into the scenarios this weekend. This might be the five push needed for me to check out the 7th edition rule book. My thanks, mystery Santa!

I'm glad you like it, I was unsure about this one. I've heard good things about the adventures in this book. That copy looks a little beat up mind you. There's something else on its way to you at some point, just a silly thing.

I'm also glad it survived its 600 mile detour all over your state.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's 8 for LR5? :perfect:

7 posted joining, 6 have sent emails.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

This was from me LR3!

Well thank you so much, and I appreciate all the effort you put into your gifts.

My lightning round 4 gift has shipped, so I'm all caught up. That can only mean one thing...

Sign me up for Lightning Round 5, please!

Gift Preference:
Handmade stuff, weird obscure stuff, old stuff.

If you're buying something new, pretty much anything that falls under the Traditional Games umbrella is fine. Random RPG books, random euro games, random Ameritrash games, random miniatures, whatever. As long as you don't buy me something like Munchkin I'm happy.

If you're the kind of person who prefers to know exactly what to buy somebody, I could use anything for the Modiphius 2D20 John Carter game (except for the two books GreenBuckaneer got me) and anything Dune themed EXCEPT the 2D20 RPG or the board games (I have those already).

General Location:
Wisconsin, USA

Solomn Vow:
I bought gifts for three people last year (and five so far this year) and Grinched none of them. I ain't planning on doing it this time.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 11, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Something got delivered, and it was for me and I wasn't expecting it.

it's a big box and it rattles.

There's a hand written card!

And a personal message from the commander of the KGL!

And an entire Perry Miniature BATTALION OF INFANTRY TO COMMAND!

I have the Waterloo Boxed set, but I didn't have a unit I could use as the KGL. Now I do! Not sure how I can equip them, with the Baker Rifles that the 2nd Light Battalion King’s German Legion had, but I will need to try.

And the ENTIRE buildings and courtyard to fight one of the most iconic battle locations of all time! . Terrain that has it's own Wiki page.

quote:

La Haye Sainte (named either after Jesus Christ's crown of thorns or a bramble hedge round a field nearby[1]) is a walled farmhouse compound at the foot of an escarpment on the Charleroi-Brussels road in Belgium. It has changed very little since it played a crucial part in the Battle of Waterloo on 18 June 1815.

La Haye Sainte was defended by about 400 German troops during the Battle of Waterloo. They were hopelessly outnumbered by attacking French troops but held out until the late afternoon when they retired because their ammunition had run out. If Napoleon Bonaparte's army had captured La Haye Sainte earlier in the day, almost certainly he would have broken through the allied centre and defeated the Duke of Wellington's army.[2]

The capture of La Haye Sainte in the early evening then gave the French the advantage of a defensible position from which to launch a potentially decisive attack on the Allied centre. However Napoleon was too late - by this time Blücher and the Prussian army had arrived on the battlefield and the outnumbered French army was defeated.

I was just expecting a hill or a tree or something, but this is way above what I expected! Thank you NT RABBIT! Nothing is broken.

This page goes into great detail of the battle and fighting that happened- if you've seen Sharp's Waterloo, when the Prince of Orange ordered a Battalion to reinforce and retake the building, and twice let them get cut to pieces by French Heavy Cavalry...this was that building complex.

Useful for any 28mm battle, historical, fantasy, World Wars or 40k. The roofs and stories come off so I can do interior battles. I can use it for Oathmark, Rangers of Shadowdeep, The Silver Bayonet, Napoleonic and Bolt Action.

(One question- who is the manufacturer of the building? I quite like it).

On a personal message, last night one of the blood vessels in my eye blew out and I had to go to emergency for it for 4 hours. The good news is it's only a small one so I can still see out of it. This present arriving made me feel happier than I did when I woke up. It will be a big project to paint it but I look forward to doing so - it's big and easy to paint even with a bad eye. Thank you, Goonsir.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 11, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Comstar posted:

Something got delivered, and it was for me and I wasn't expecting it.

it's a big box and it rattles.

There's a hand written card!

And a personal message from the commander of the KGL!

And an entire Perry Miniature BATTALION OF INFANTRY TO COMMAND!

I have the Waterloo Boxed set, but I didn't have a unit I could use as the KGL. Now I do! Not sure how I can equip them, with the Baker Rifles that the 2nd Light Battalion King’s German Legion had, but I will need to try.

And the ENTIRE buildings and courtyard to fight one of the most iconic battle locations of all time! . Terrain that has it's own Wiki page.

I was just expecting a hill or a tree or something, but this is way above what I expected! Thank you NT RABBIT! Nothing is broken.

No worries! Couldn't find a box of mans dressed like line infantry and armed with the Baker, but figured it's close enough The letter is from the Field Marshal commanding the entire Allied Army, not just the KGL commander :ssh: I was a bit worried because just as I was about to send it the historicals thread started dumping on Waterloo :ohdearsass:

quote:

This page goes into great detail of the battle and fighting that happened- if you've seen Sharp's Waterloo, when the Prince of Orange ordered a Battalion to reinforce and retake the building, and twice let them get cut to pieces by French Heavy Cavalry...this was that building complex.

Useful for any 28mm battle, historical, fantasy, World Wars or 40k. The roofs and stories come off so I can do interior battles. I can use it for Oathmark, Rangers of Shadowdeep, The Silver Bayonet, Napoleonic and Bolt Action.

(One question- who is the manufacturer of the building? I quite like it).

They're from the historical section of Printable Scenery, who are from Weta Works in their day job, via my own 3D printer. There's a bunch of really cool stuff there, including more provincial French and farm buildings that work for fantasy and historical.

quote:

On a personal message, last night one of the blood vessels in my eye blew out and I had to go to emergency for it for 4 hours. The good news is it's only a small one so I can still see out of it. This present arriving made me feel happier than I did when I woke up. It will be a big project to paint it but I look forward to doing so - it's big and easy to paint even with a bad eye. Thank you, Goonsir.

:ohdearsass:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I got another present!

The note enclosed tells me this for a dumb joke, but apparently I am the dumb one, since I am not getting the punch line yet.

As my reward for reassembling the first man of tree from Santa #2, I get a treeman that will not cause serious injury when thrown at a person.

But these block dice on the other hand are remarkably heavy, so you may want to have the Dodge skill.

And what lurks in this secret chamber?

A handcrafted Frank 'N' Stein Star Player!

Thanks, Santa #1! That's Frankly impressive! I appreciate that you put your own work into the gift!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's a bonemas miracle! :black101:

Thanks Bone Lord, Lord of Bones!

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

thegodofchuck posted:

I got another present!

The note enclosed tells me this for a dumb joke, but apparently I am the dumb one, since I am not getting the punch line yet.

As my reward for reassembling the first man of tree from Santa #2, I get a treeman that will not cause serious injury when thrown at a person.

But these block dice on the other hand are remarkably heavy, so you may want to have the Dodge skill.

And what lurks in this secret chamber?

A handcrafted Frank 'N' Stein Star Player!

Thanks, Santa #1! That's Frankly impressive! I appreciate that you put your own work into the gift!

You’re welcome! I hope it’s okay that I sculpted it.

As for the joke: gotta wait for your other Santa for it to make sense!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Hedningen posted:

You’re welcome! I hope it’s okay that I sculpted it.

As for the joke: gotta wait for your other Santa for it to make sense!

Sure! That hand-made touch really brings it to life!

:rimshot:

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Looks like there was a delivery this morning.
The wife brought it in, and it had been inspected by our security elements.
Let us see what this may be.

There's a note!

What a lovely rendition of jolly 'ol St. DickButt.

Nice Arbites!

That is a bunch of Mandalorians.
Thank you, TG Secret Santa!
It is very much appreciated!
Added bonus, today is my birthday, so it adds another layer of awesome.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Glad everything made it safely! The internet said mandos were a good addition for Rebels.

Printed the legally distinct sci-fi police just in case you weren't a fan of that Star Wars era honestly

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It's a bonemas miracle! :black101:

Thanks Bone Lord, Lord of Bones!

Need to know which of GB's Santas sent this, please - here or privately!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have a bit more time to take photos now...

There was a jingle of bells and a distant hollow laughing outside my window two nights ago. I opened my door to find...this!

That's a VERY gonzo RPG system and a bucket of obscure dice, perfect! I already have uses in mind for the dice at my group's Christmas session.

The art is wild and crazy. I'd heard of Dungeon Crawl Classics but not this version:

More detail of the many crazy chance polyhedra here. Never seen a D14 or a D16 before. I wonder what uses them...

Thanks, anonymous Santagoon!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Loxbourne posted:

More detail of the many crazy chance polyhedra here. Never seen a D14 or a D16 before. I wonder what uses them...

Thanks, anonymous Santagoon!

You are welcome! You wanted weird dice and obscure games, so I got you a somewhat obscure game that uses weird dice!

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Santee #2's main gift arrived today and I'm super excited about how it turned out. I've been sitting on Santee #1's stuff waiting for some special wrapping paper but I'm afraid it won't get here in time, so I'm wrapping everything for both Santees to be shipped out Monday.

thegodofchuck posted:

You're welcome! You said you liked dice, purple, and mind flayers, so I think I was morally obligated.
:hai:

(Seriously, thank you! They're my default GMing dice now.)

My other Santa has blessed me this day with an extremely fine lad that I'll try my best to not ruin:

Along with a promise of more to come:

I heckin' love this mini and look forward to parts 2-3! Thank you, mystery goon!!!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Got something extra in the post from my TGSS that I didn't expect!

Love it :)

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 12, 2021

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

A delivery arrived yesterday and went right into my freezer since I had errands to run. The Comfort and Joy Holiday Box.

But I'm pre-heating my oven as we speak. Thanks, Santa!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
My holiday cheer arrived earlier this week but I finally had a chance to sit down and unbox!

I’ve played a lot of Splendor on Steam, so I’m stoked to have a physical copy that I can bring as a palate cleanser on game night. I dig a game that seems simple, but can get surprisingly cut throat.

Thanks Santa Goon!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Rhjamiz posted:

A delivery arrived yesterday and went right into my freezer since I had errands to run. The Comfort and Joy Holiday Box.

But I'm pre-heating my oven as we speak. Thanks, Santa!

Hell yeah, I hope you enjoy them, the pretzels are good but the real magic is the Mustard and fancy salts that are included.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Lightning Round 2 and 3 holiday cheer have all been deployed! Tracking numbers emailed also.

I shall be ready to order and (drop)ship as soon as LR5 giftee has been assigned!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

Hell yeah, I hope you enjoy them, the pretzels are good but the real magic is the Mustard and fancy salts that are included.

Please explain how you shipped frozen pretzels to someone, I am amazed

ibntumart posted:

Lightning Round 2 and 3 holiday cheer have all been deployed! Tracking numbers emailed also.

I shall be ready to order and (drop)ship as soon as LR5 giftee has been assigned!

Gettin' to it just now! I was waiting because we had one more goon who asked about LR5 but time has expired.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lighting round is approaching target today.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LR 5 is off!

And with that, there will be no more lightning rounds. Most gifts have already arrived, there's a ton in transit, and only a handful for which I have no information yet.

Gentle Check, please read:
If you haven't sent a gift yet, don't feel too bad: there's still time! But you are getting right down to the wire. The following SANTAS I don't have any info noted to indicate that you've sent anything yet. But I often have errors. If you're on this list erroneously, please let me know!

Main Round
Mode 7
Cotton Candidasis

Lightning Rounds 1-4
Rhjamiz (LR3)
The Bloop (LR3)
Bucnasti (LR4)
Aramoro (LR4)

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Still waiting on part of the gift to arrive for me to ship out with the rest. If it takes much longer, I have a contingency plan. No grinching.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Shipped them direct in a gift box.

Leperflesh posted:

LR 5 is off!

And with that, there will be no more lightning rounds. Most gifts have already arrived, there's a ton in transit, and only a handful for which I have no information yet.

If you haven't sent a gift yet, don't feel too bad: there's still time! But you are getting right down to the wire. The following SANTAS I don't have any info noted to indicate that you've sent anything yet. But I often have errors. If you're on this list erroneously, please let me know!

Lightning Rounds 1-4
Bucnasti (LR4)

LR 4 gift has been ordered but I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
LR5 Deployed
LR3 still pending but now looks to be going out Tuesday. Hopefully good things come to those who wait.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A golden bubble pack arrived in the mail today.

Inside, I first discover the following message and mysterious hamsas

Inside a fancy pouch are the aforementioned high-vis dice.

My phone camera does not do justice to how bright or high contrast they are.
They are very!

Inside a shiny silver pouch I then find a much larger hamsa which opens and is large enough to contain some dice

Finally, there are three anti-OSHA d20s which are the very opposite of high-vis but are none the less cool colors.

Thank you, mysterious benefactor goon

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
LR5 shipments is pending, but hopefully an update and tracking number are soon forthcoming!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Main Round
Mode 7

Gift has been dispatched today, with express shipping to make sure there's no hassles getting it to my santee before Christmas!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LR5 Deployed

~International Postcodes are weird~

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

They arrived unfrozen, actually, with a note that said "Either eat these right now or freeze immediately" so I threw the box into my freezer. :v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

They arrived unfrozen, actually, with a note that said "Either eat these right now or freeze immediately" so I threw the box into my freezer. :v

Ohhh, OK! I was wondering how they stayed frozen without being shipped like... overnight, in dry ice, kinda thing.

Thanks everyone for getting back to me! I love filling in little cells in the Spreadsheet of Cheer. It fills me with neatly organized joy. You don't even know.