Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

suck my woke dick posted:

Got 3 of the biggest premium Santa crates through snowflakes so far, got 2.5k dublooms a Warspite and a Tiger. Not too bad.

Think I'll get another one through finishing the Conq and Daring grinds.

I bought 4 super crates with my snowflakes. I got some flags, some lame camo, and 30 days of premium—I already had nearly a year of premium time all from other friggen crates and super containers. :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Oh, because wargaming are emphasizing their pity/bad luck mechanic, the “guaranteed ship drop” doesn’t mean a high tier ship. I got an awful tier 6 from my mega crates and I’m sure that reset the pity mechanic counter.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

If you have logged on in the last 100 days and you are in [GOON] the EU clan, you are now executive officer ranked and should be able to do what you like with the base.

Just to make people vomit, I got bought the 20 crates with dubs I had and first crate opened was the tier X French DD. I ended up getting 5 ships. I also noticed that the last time I logged in was almost exactly a year ago as I had set the guild message to "Happy Christmas and avoid the Covid." I'll just leave that for another year.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
I've definitely had plenty of poo poo crate luck over the years, so I was thrilled to see a good one,

How are y'all playing the new German BBs? They seem to have poo poo armor, short range, poo poo gun angles, but supposedly good secondaries? I can't see on paper how to make that work.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

wraith_5_ posted:

I've definitely had plenty of poo poo crate luck over the years, so I was thrilled to see a good one,

How are y'all playing the new German BBs? They seem to have poo poo armor, short range, poo poo gun angles, but supposedly good secondaries? I can't see on paper how to make that work.

Well, have an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdKjpXPrnGg

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wraith_5_ posted:

Find some islands to chill around that are close to a cap and ambush anyone within a 12km range.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

wraith_5_ posted:

You use islands to isolate engagements. Your armor isn't bad - the only weak stuff is the 27mm upper bow and Stern. Angled close in BBs won't do much to you. Take everything secondary you can including IFHE, and all modules.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Logged in for the first time in a while. Had a bunch of containers show up. Maybe some from Twitch, not sure about the rest. Opened them all and a Kaga B and an Arizona popped out along with the normal stuff. What are these ships and how do they stack up?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I got 50 flags and 2500 coal from the two free small boxes, and used 10 of my 11 certificates to get 2 large boxes which gave me 25 new year camos and 30 dragon flags, big woop

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Pioneer42 posted:

Logged in for the first time in a while. Had a bunch of containers show up. Maybe some from Twitch, not sure about the rest. Opened them all and a Kaga B and an Arizona popped out along with the normal stuff. What are these ships and how do they stack up?

Kaga is a tier 8 carrier with very strong torpedo bombers (drops 4 powerful torps, unlike the other IJN carriers that all drop 2). Otherwise I feel like it has decent bombs, too. Seems pretty solid but I bet it had very weak planes to aa.

Arizonas a standard battleship. I think the gimmick is slightly better accuracy? Still tier 6 and a standard so why play it?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Velius posted:

Kaga is a tier 8 carrier with very strong torpedo bombers (drops 4 powerful torps, unlike the other IJN carriers that all drop 2). Otherwise I feel like it has decent bombs, too. Seems pretty solid but I bet it had very weak planes to aa.

Arizonas a standard battleship. I think the gimmick is slightly better accuracy? Still tier 6 and a standard so why play it?

Unless it has changed, the kaga's other gimmick (and primary one) is that it has a very long refresh time on its planes. But instead gets a lot of planes on deck. Otherwise, kaga's planes got the same health buff that the enterprise got. Just that the kaga didn't have as damaging a spread of weapons on her squads like enterprise does (kaga is he dive bombers while enterprise has ap).

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Kaga is one of the strongest T8 CVs. It actually gained in relative strength with the recent nerf to rocket planes because its rocket planes were garbage to start with and only used as a last resort.

Its DBs are similar to Lexingtons - ie very good against all ships, and its torps are superb. Overall I put it in the top 3 of T8 CVs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Lord help me the chance to get Repulse has pulled me back into this stupid game.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OK, I just realized how much I miss the Graf Zeppelin rush up the middle.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I have no idea what Myorie is or cant remember even hearing about this ship.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Burns posted:

Myorie
Myorahoo
Myoraha
Myoraha-ha

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Burns posted:

Mysore is a Fiji with one less turret, no torps, crawling smoke, and an Indian flag at tier 6

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
When's the Great Kurfwurst going away? I am compelled by demons of the id to obtain it before it does.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

General Battuta posted:

When's the Great Kurfwurst going away? I am compelled by demons of the id to obtain it before it does.

Couple months minimum I think. You should grind the Schlieffen instead.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

OK, I just realized how much I miss the Graf Zeppelin rush up the middle.

I dream of my secondary build pre-rework Midway, where I could queue, sail the ship into a cap without launching a single plane, and collect tears.

The next best thing for me to do with a pre-team kill nerf Midway was queue, then sink myself with my own planes and collect the tears.

#2021WoWs’ CVs are now absolutely useless to me as a player.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Hi, my name is Strabo4 and I'm a loving moron, I got 20 of the mega santa crates and I got

Florida
Abruzzi
Boise
London
and the Siroco

:suicide:

edit: I'm a huge fukkin whale and I have a shitload of premiums already so I figured I would have a decent shot at getting something nice! Too bad!

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
So the actual whales already have all the poo poo tier 6-8s from last year so when they roll them they reroll higher tier ships. This makes it seem like you’ll totally draw three tier 10s from 20 crates. You won’t unless you already have wargaming 800 bucks for crates last year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Strabo4 posted:

Hi, my name is Strabo4 and I'm a loving moron, I got 20 of the mega santa crates and I got

Florida
Abruzzi
Boise
London
and the Siroco

:suicide:

edit: I'm a huge fukkin whale and I have a shitload of premiums already so I figured I would have a decent shot at getting something nice! Too bad!

Boise is pretty good actually.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
New GK replacement looks like it is strictly better in every way. Gaining 30mm overmatch, and most importantly the turret angles are better, both front and rear, so you can actually angle yourself. No idea what you'd really want the existing one for, other than just another T10 to sit around and get snowflakes on.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

New GK replacement looks like it is strictly better in every way. Gaining 30mm overmatch, and most importantly the turret angles are better, both front and rear, so you can actually angle yourself. No idea what you'd really want the existing one for, other than just another T10 to sit around and get snowflakes on.

Brain worms

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Grinding the Soviet CVs and I am utterly cursed with BBs reversing in spawn to start the game and then demanding AA protection.

Does anyone think fighters actually do something?

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Look at this absolute unit of a 20 pack of mega crates I got

of the 143 ships on the Xmas list, I now own 85

wraith_5_ fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 13, 2021

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Posting good gambling results is kind of doing WG’s work for them, I feel.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
That’s a lot of trash to wade through for a Marceau.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I'm a filthy casual and just want a year of premium for $50 again. :sigh:

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:same:

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Gwaihir posted:

What's the armour on the new one like? Is it basically the same GK hull with different turrets/barrels?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

yup

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

kaesarsosei posted:

What's the armour on the new one like? Is it basically the same GK hull with different turrets/barrels?

I think the hull is exactly the same, but I don't know for sure.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I whaled doubloons via the birthday coupon to get 20 Mega Crates and then bought another 7 with anniversary tokens. Tbh I can't complain about my luck in terms of amount of ships vs amount spent but at least 1 of them is absolute trash:

Marblehead - worthless in 2021 I'd think
Gallant - not entirely sure how good this is
Perth - seems very meta in ranked/CB if not banned and if T6 is in
Haida - pleased with this, had been tempted to buy it before it was removed and probably the best T7 DD
Gorizia - seems to be a Zara so not sure if anything else is special about it (it seems to have a German hydro), but I do enjoy the Italian cruisers

The interesting thing for me is, I got a 10-pt Commonwealth captain (well 2) and I had been holding out on buying Vampire II in the bureau because I cba training a new captain up, but this gets me started.

Obviously I would have traded them all for something like Benham or Enterprise.

Question - can the -25% doubloon ship coupon (which refreshes this week) be used on the T9 ships in the Armory? Or are they exempt?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Going against the grain somewhat in terms of how I perceive the new German BCs vs what people on the forums are saying, but so far I think they are garbage. The dispersion up to and including the T7 is awful and you need at absolute minimum a 14 point captain to make them viable. I haven't had that luxury yet and have had to choose the bare minimum of either CE or ERE for survivability and not been able to pick up ManSec.

Perhaps the T8+ are better.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Only the 9 and really 10 are any good. As usual.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Gwaihir posted:

Only the 9 and really 10 are any good. As usual.

The tier 8 is...fine. It is fun, and top tier is brutal against same and lower tier ships if you know how to not overextend. I only struggle when permaspotted or it's a tier 10 snipefest.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

kaesarsosei posted:

Going against the grain somewhat in terms of how I perceive the new German BCs vs what people on the forums are saying, but so far I think they are garbage. The dispersion up to and including the T7 is awful and you need at absolute minimum a 14 point captain to make them viable. I haven't had that luxury yet and have had to choose the bare minimum of either CE or ERE for survivability and not been able to pick up ManSec.

Perhaps the T8+ are better.

I had enough free XP to get the tier X and after a total of 1 [one] Co-op game I can say that it's hilarious to watch poo poo melt you aren't even looking at, even if they are bots.

Also I have lots of coal, what's the best coal ship to get from the last year? I'd prefer a cruiser as I am too old for zippy DDs and have zero attention span for slow BBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Burt posted:

I had enough free XP to get the tier X and after a total of 1 [one] Co-op game I can say that it's hilarious to watch poo poo melt you aren't even looking at, even if they are bots.

Also I have lots of coal, what's the best coal ship to get from the last year? I'd prefer a cruiser as I am too old for zippy DDs and have zero attention span for slow BBs.

Napoli if you don't have it.