Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

McNugget Buddy posted:

and they might just repurpose one of their unreleased Alpha/Beta/Delta boosters since those are further along in development and show higher neutralization of Omicron than the current Wild Type vaccines

Pfizer says their Alpha vaccine is 400% better at neutralizing Omicron than their current Wild Type vaccine

I always wondered why the pfuck I couldn't get Pfizer. It was kinda pfunny that Moderna was all they had round here. Pfelt like I had no pfreedom of choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

I was one of those, but it was mostly bleed-over from my suspicion that pharma would be in the tank for Trump and would pump out whatever to help him win the election.

seeing them do the opposite by waiting till after the election to release that round of positive results they had gathered was funny though.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.thedailybeast.com/washington-state-sen-doug-ericksen-missing-after-testing-positive-for-covid

quote:

An anti-lockdown state senator in Washington told his colleagues he got COVID three weeks ago—and he hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Sen. Doug Ericksen, a Republican from Ferndale, was last known to be at a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, hospital for treatment after he tested positive for COVID in El Salvador. But since then, he has not answered any phone calls and the state Senate has heard nothing. The Bellingham Herald tried to track him down and came up empty handed. A colleague said on Nov. 19 that Ericksen was in stable condition at a Fort Lauderdale hospital but he’s no longer a listed patient at any large Fort Lauderdale hospitals, the outlet reported. Other colleagues said they had no information to offer. “I really don’t have any information. It’s all going through the family now,” a legislative assistant for Ericksen said.

Ericksen has been a vocal opponent of COVID restrictions and mandates, saying late last year he would introduce a bill opposing vaccine mandates. It’s unknown if he was vaccinated.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

FL , COVID related Hospitalizations have INCREASED by 1% since Thanksgiving

:allears:
lol ok florida

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Another fine covid day of knowing your elderly parents won't even try to avoid this wave.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

I almost didn't post about it because I know it sounds fake.

nah I believe you I just thought it was also a funny story that way

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

He's on a vent op

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HHS DATA 12/11/21

*There does appear to be some reporting issues in various states today

Critical Staffing Shortages: 1014 (but 1,134 predicted next Saturday)
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1469737770838986758?s=20

# of States with hospitalizations over 70%: 45
# of States with ICU occupancy over 70%: 44
# of Adults Hospitalized with COVID: 65457 (44,333 on 11/5)
# Of Kids Hospitalized with COVID: 1,526 (1,361 on 11/5)
# Of Adults in the ICU with COVID: 15,427 (11,902 on 11/5)
Bed Utilization: 79% (76% On 11/5)
COVID Beds: 11% (8% on 11/5)
ICU Occupancy: 79% (77% on 11/5)
COVID ICU: 24% (19% on 11/5)
FLU Hospitalizations: 1,077 (492 11/5)
FLU ICU: 109 (47 11/5)

Post on Covid Hospitalizations Broken up by State: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3976692&perpage=40&pagenumber=2736#post519897319

ICU OCCUPANCY and Trends
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1469739254024601600?s=20

So - I am spending too much time on these. I'm going to cut back on some of these unless I can figure out a way to make money on like patreon or something hahahaa.

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Cloaked posted:

now the main friend group I have, which I thought was made up of responsible adults who did a good job of supporting each other throughout our lives up until this point, is mostly gone

I’m going through this as well. it totally sucks to discover that your friends are selfish hypocritical partisans who only believe what’s convenient for them

u_s_eh fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 11, 2021

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Pillowpants posted:

HHS DATA 12/11/21

*There does appear to be some reporting issues in various states today

Critical Staffing Shortages: 1014 (but 1,134 predicted next Saturday)
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1469737770838986758?s=20

# of States with hospitalizations over 70%: 45
# of States with ICU occupancy over 70%: 44
# of Adults Hospitalized with COVID: 65457 (44,333 on 11/5)
# Of Kids Hospitalized with COVID: 1,526 (1,361 on 11/5)
# Of Adults in the ICU with COVID: 15,427 (11,902 on 11/5)
Bed Utilization: 79% (76% On 11/5)
COVID Beds: 11% (8% on 11/5)
ICU Occupancy: 79% (77% on 11/5)
COVID ICU: 24% (19% on 11/5)
FLU Hospitalizations: 1,077 (492 11/5)
FLU ICU: 109 (47 11/5)

Post on Covid Hospitalizations Broken up by State: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3976692&perpage=40&pagenumber=2736#post519897319

ICU OCCUPANCY and Trends
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1469739254024601600?s=20

So - I am spending too much time on these. I'm going to cut back on some of these unless I can figure out a way to make money on like patreon or something hahahaa.

Unfortunately only this thread finds it useful. But I always check my state. Take some time off bro.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Cloaked posted:

and it’s not fun to do any activities unless we can do them exactly how we did them pre-pandemic. a request I made earlier on to watch a show together in a small group with masks (because for some reason doing a watch remotely would be too weird apparently, wtf) fell completely flat and they just started watching the show together without me a few weeks later. wouldn’t be quite the same if we had to wear masks, you know? nobody interested in hanging out on the outdoor covered porch thing I have access to, because that’d apparently also be weird. we didn’t do that before, right? and it’s cold now.

This still drives me insane. My wife's family kept trying to get her to do trips or things with them, or meet up in person to chat outside or whatever. But when's the last time you bothered to do a video chat with them? Or when's the last time you even talked to your sister on the phone for more than 10 minutes. They give her poo poo for letting me 'lock her up' basically (she stays at home by choice because I'm really high risk) but they can't be bothered to log onto discord or play some jackbox games or anything more than once every 2-3 months.

It's simultaneously incredibly important to get together regardless of risk, but not worth any effort at all to take advantage of the tools we have to hang out virtually. Nothing is worth doing unless it's still being done precisely the way it was in 2019.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Pillowpants posted:

MA , COVID related Hospitalizations have INCREASED by 107% since Thanksgiving

This is probably not good.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is probably not good.

actually it's fine

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I remember posters talking about how if the vaccines turned out to be not very good, they'd announce a compassionate plan to distribute them in low-income communities first. The exact opposite happened, where they prioritized the vaccines for the super-essential workers: hospital staff, politicians, and bankers.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Strep Vote posted:

I was pretty wary of a vaccine developed in record time but then one of the more tapped in science knowers came in and said "stop being morons we've been chipping away at this since SARS1 and already use mRNA shots in animals" and then hit us with some fascinating articles on the development of coronavirus vaccines. Happy to say I was speaking from a place of ignorance then.

img-astronaut-gun-%always-was%.bmp

eh, I'm a science knower (though I'm neuro/genetics, immunology is not my field) and I was still completely shocked by the speed with which they got it out there. by the time it was available to my parents I was pretty confident with the data but there was a period where I was uncertain about medium-term safety, maybe through about February?

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

and they might just repurpose one of their unreleased Alpha/Beta/Delta boosters since those are further along in development and show higher neutralization of Omicron than the current Wild Type vaccines

Pfizer says their Alpha vaccine is 400% better at neutralizing Omicron than their current Wild Type vaccine

they should just make a quadrivalent vaccine with wild type and the three most recent VOCs that have demonstrated the ability to dominate a population, and reformulate it once or twice a year.

moderna has already demonstrated they can make a quadrivalent mRNA flu vaccine (though it's not any better than other flu vaccines lol)

so clearly they have the manufacturing capability to make mRNA printer go brrrrrr

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

MA , COVID related Hospitalizations have INCREASED by 107% since Thanksgiving
Yikes, we need to get that mild omicron here ASAP!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I've converted multiple cloth mask friends to 3M auras now because they fit so comfortably and snuggly.

feelin pretty proud rn. Someone just sent me pictures of them wearing them <3

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Chamale posted:

I remember posters talking about how if the vaccines turned out to be not very good, they'd announce a compassionate plan to distribute them in low-income communities first. The exact opposite happened, where they prioritized the vaccines for the super-essential workers: hospital staff, politicians, and bankers.

J&J being administered to homeless though lol

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

Unfortunately only this thread finds it useful. But I always check my state. Take some time off bro.

I do share it in a Facebook group I have and it helps people understand - but it just takes too long

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shackleford posted:

J&J being administered to homeless though lol

and the incarcerated!

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

A mild omicron appeared!

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

More Missouri health departments halt COVID efforts after attorney general’s threat

quoting the whole thing last because the kcstar likes to throw up paywalls, but here's some wild pulls:

quote:

In southeast Missouri, the Stoddard County Public Health Center said in a Facebook post that it “has been forced to cease all COVID-19 related work at the current time. This includes: case investigation, contact tracing, quarantine orders, and public announcements of current cases/deaths, etc.”

At least six departments had issued similar statements halting COVID work as of Thursday night, including agencies in Pemiscot, New Madrid, Scott and Dunklin counties — all in the Bootheel — and Laclede County, northeast of Springfield.

McDonald County Health Department officials in southwest Missouri also issued a statement and told residents in Facebook comments that they will continue only to report case numbers and call people who test positive to inform them of recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“We have talked to other health (departments) and several lawyers,” the department wrote. “The way it is written we are unable to enforce any public health orders therefore we can not isolate positive cases.”

Asked if it could order isolation for other illnesses, McDonald health officials wrote, “We are unable to do that now as well.”

Green declared unconstitutional entire sections of Missouri regulations dealing with infectious diseases. Those include provisions that go beyond quarantines and closing businesses to include “notification to potentially exposed individuals” and “notification to the public of the risk or potential risk of the disease” and providing information to avoid or “appropriately respond” to the exposure.

quote:

In Laclede County, health administrator Charla Baker warned local health care providers and businesses of the suspension of COVID work on Wednesday, a day ahead of the public announcement. It prompted questions from the manager of the Jordan Valley Community Health Center clinic there, according to emails obtained by The Star through a public records request.

“This means I will need to inform my medical team not to report positives to your office and also not to tell the patient to expect a call from the Health Dept with quarantine instructions?” the clinic manager wrote.

Baker responded that she would continue tracking county cases internally with information the clinic reports to the state, and confirmed there would be no calls from the health department. She said the situation was “complicated” and could change with more DHSS guidance, but called that “unlikely.”

She also told the county’s Office of Emergency Management of the decision, writing: “WHAT A MESS WE NOW ARE IN!!!!!!”

C-SPAM > [COVID] WHAT A MESS WE NOW ARE IN!!!!!!

fulltext posted:

A growing number of local health departments across Missouri are ending their COVID-19 response after Attorney General Eric Schmitt demanded the agencies comply with a court ruling that appears to severely limit the authority of local health officials.

Since Thursday, more than half a dozen departments have announced they are suspending coronavirus-related work after Schmitt, a Republican campaigning for U.S. Senate, sent letters earlier in the week.

The announcements come from health departments in mostly rural counties — none have been issued from the Kansas City or St. Louis metropolitan areas. Rural Missouri counties have struggled throughout the pandemic to contain cases amid low vaccination rates, pushback from the public and limited funds.

In his letters, Schmitt outlined a Nov. 22 decision by Cole County Circuit Court Judge Daniel Green, who ruled the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) didn’t have the authority, under the Missouri Constitution, to “permit naked lawmaking by bureaucrats across Missouri.” He struck down regulations giving local health departments the power to issue quarantine and other public health orders, such as closing businesses.

But the judge’s decision may have sweeping consequences for the nuts and bolts of Missouri’s pandemic response, potentially crippling the ability of local health officials to investigate outbreaks and conduct contact tracing to notify individuals who may have been exposed.

The growing realization of the ruling’s possible effects comes amid the emergence of the omicron variant and as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have been on the rise in Missouri. Just over half of all Missourians have been fully vaccinated.

In southeast Missouri, the Stoddard County Public Health Center said in a Facebook post that it “has been forced to cease all COVID-19 related work at the current time. This includes: case investigation, contact tracing, quarantine orders, and public announcements of current cases/deaths, etc.”

The announcements from the health departments contained remarkably similar wording. The agencies called the suspensions a “huge concern” but said they had no other choice but to follow Schmitt’s “orders.” The agencies said they were awaiting additional direction from DHSS.

“While our agency remains determined to protect the health of our county residents, it should be understood that this ruling greatly affects how we will be able to proceed with ALL highly communicable diseases in the future,” the departments said.

DHSS hasn’t publicly commented on the ruling since last week, when director Donald Kauerauf wrote local departments suggesting they get advice from attorneys. On Tuesday, after Schmitt sent his letter, state health officials told local departments they were collecting questions about the court ruling to develop a “consistent and uniform response.”

“In the meantime, I urge you to consult your local legal counsel for further guidance in the immediate timeframe,” Kauerauf wrote in an email to county health administrators that was obtained by The Star. “We hope to issue our response as soon as possible.”

At least six departments had issued similar statements halting COVID work as of Thursday night, including agencies in Pemiscot, New Madrid, Scott and Dunklin counties — all in the Bootheel — and Laclede County, northeast of Springfield.

McDonald County Health Department officials in southwest Missouri also issued a statement and told residents in Facebook comments that they will continue only to report case numbers and call people who test positive to inform them of recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“We have talked to other health (departments) and several lawyers,” the department wrote. “The way it is written we are unable to enforce any public health orders therefore we can not isolate positive cases.”

Asked if it could order isolation for other illnesses, McDonald health officials wrote, “We are unable to do that now as well.”

Two departments covering four counties north of Kansas City — Daviess, Gentry, DeKalb and Worth — said they would no longer issue quarantine orders for schoolchildren, while Carroll County in north central Missouri said simply that it would comply with the court decision. Several others said they were unsure how to proceed.

In November, attention initially focused on how Green’s ruling effectively stopped local health officials from issuing quarantine and other orders absent approval from a local governing body. Many of the rules Green struck down were already limited this year by passage of a new state law that requires local public health rules to be approved by governing bodies such as county councils.

But Schmitt’s letter this week has drawn renewed attention to the ruling and highlighted the judge’s more far-reaching pronouncements.

Green declared unconstitutional entire sections of Missouri regulations dealing with infectious diseases. Those include provisions that go beyond quarantines and closing businesses to include “notification to potentially exposed individuals” and “notification to the public of the risk or potential risk of the disease” and providing information to avoid or “appropriately respond” to the exposure.

Schmitt’s letter, citing Green’s ruling, threatened legal action if local health departments do not drop mask mandates, quarantine rules or other public health orders. Kauerauf’s letter to local health agencies last week noted the ruling curbed departments’ powers to issue isolation and quarantine rules, and left unclear whether they could still require people who may have been exposed to the virus to isolate or quarantine.

Chris Prener, an assistant professor of sociology at Saint Louis University who tracks COVID-19 data in Missouri, said on Twitter that the developments represented “multiple local health departments throwing in the towel at an incredibly dangerous time for our state, all thanks to a malicious lawsuit and a judge’s incredible overreaction.”

Schmitt has made overturning COVID-19 mitigation rules in municipalities and school districts across the state a central goal of his office as he campaigns for higher office. But a spokesman suggested on Thursday that he only intended to stop local health departments from issuing orders, not halt the COVID-19 response of counties altogether.

“We’re grateful that the Laclede County Health Department has ceased their COVID-19 public health orders like their quarantine order,” Schmitt’s spokesman Chris Nuelle said in an email on Thursday in response to Laclede County’s statement, the first to draw widespread attention. “Any further decisions beyond ceasing quarantine orders or similar public health orders should be directed to them.”

Green’s decision may not be the final word on Missouri law. His ruling came in a lawsuit brought against COVID-19 health orders last year by St. Louis-area resident Shannon Robinson, Church of the Word and Satchmo’s Bar and Grill, a Chesterfield restaurant that had fought St. Louis County’s indoor dining restrictions. The Satchmo’s owner, Ben Brown, is now running for a state Senate seat.

Schmitt doesn’t plan to appeal the ruling, leaving it unclear whether anyone will attempt to intervene to escalate the case to a higher court. Kauerauf had asked the attorney general to appeal but was refused; the department also said it would not appeal using outside counsel.

DHSS didn’t comment on Thursday.

“This is what it’s come to,” House Minority Leader Crystal Quade, a Springfield Democrat, tweeted. “With a new variant we’re learning more about, during cold and flu season, when Missourians are planning Holiday gatherings, AG Schmitt is threatening local health authorities into not reporting anything COVID related.”

In Laclede County, health administrator Charla Baker warned local health care providers and businesses of the suspension of COVID work on Wednesday, a day ahead of the public announcement. It prompted questions from the manager of the Jordan Valley Community Health Center clinic there, according to emails obtained by The Star through a public records request.

“This means I will need to inform my medical team not to report positives to your office and also not to tell the patient to expect a call from the Health Dept with quarantine instructions?” the clinic manager wrote.

Baker responded that she would continue tracking county cases internally with information the clinic reports to the state, and confirmed there would be no calls from the health department. She said the situation was “complicated” and could change with more DHSS guidance, but called that “unlikely.”

She also told the county’s Office of Emergency Management of the decision, writing: “WHAT A MESS WE NOW ARE IN!!!!!!”

On Friday afternoon, the Laclede department made another announcement on Facebook, clarifying that it would still post case numbers. It was accompanied with a report on the county’s weekly case numbers that was more limited in details than past reports.

“’Internally’ our work has changed very little,” the department wrote. “The staff of Laclede County Health Department will continue to track positive cases, deaths, and statistical data for our county. Additionally, we want to continue to provide statistical information to our county residents, as permitted.”

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/BarnardResearch/status/1469646833563615237

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Chamale posted:

Yeah, the turning point for a lot of people in this thread was when rich people started shoving everyone out of the way to get Pfizer, once again proving that the doomiest outlook is usually the best one when it comes to personal decision making.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pillowpants posted:

I do share it in a Facebook group I have and it helps people understand - but it just takes too long

what's your source data? I might have time to script something later

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Ice Phisherman posted:

A mild omicron appeared!

fools! thread title this

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, the turning point for a lot of people in this thread was when rich people started shoving everyone out of the way to get Pfizer, once again proving that the doomiest outlook is usually the best one when it comes to personal decision making.

yeah the second we saw rich white people airdrop into tribal reservations to scoop up the first shot they could I felt pretty confident about getting it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Galaxy destroying "oh word??????"

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Danknificent posted:

fools! thread title this

I keep thinking about encountering omicron after wandering around in tall grass, pokemon style.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Getting Moderna boosted right now :hellyeah:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Elea posted:

Another fine covid day of knowing your elderly parents won't even try to avoid this wave.

My dad told me he hasn't bothered masking during choir practice since he's in the back row so no one is breathing directly on him

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm going to an (outdoor at a park) kids birthday party today for my niece and there are going to be people there that I haven't seen in like 18 months and the last thing they saw me say was either "gently caress cops" or "covids bad still".

trying to figure out how to navigate this.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
America is gonna be like 40% omicron before Christmas and just barely, barely dodge insane infections right then

They'll happen at new years eve instead but miss a lot of old people

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Rescue Toaster posted:

This still drives me insane. My wife's family kept trying to get her to do trips or things with them, or meet up in person to chat outside or whatever. But when's the last time you bothered to do a video chat with them? Or when's the last time you even talked to your sister on the phone for more than 10 minutes. They give her poo poo for letting me 'lock her up' basically (she stays at home by choice because I'm really high risk) but they can't be bothered to log onto discord or play some jackbox games or anything more than once every 2-3 months.

It's simultaneously incredibly important to get together regardless of risk, but not worth any effort at all to take advantage of the tools we have to hang out virtually. Nothing is worth doing unless it's still being done precisely the way it was in 2019.

This is the same exact situation I'm in. My wife and I have been 100% isolating since the start of the pandemic and are largely on the same page, but because I have even stronger feelings about it I'm a monster to her friends and family - they actually try to convince her that it's a sign of abuse that I "won't let her" join them in going out to eat, going to concerts, hanging out, flying all over the place, attend superspreading weddings, etc. Meanwhile, there's zero effort to do Zoom hangouts or anything. One couple will do a zoom call with her maybe once every four months where they just tell her about all of the weddings they went to and ask her "if she's ok."

Red MAGA hasn't tried to kill us yet, but Blue MAGA is certainly trying its hardest.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I'm going to an (outdoor at a park) kids birthday party today for my niece and there are going to be people there that I haven't seen in like 18 months and the last thing they saw me say was either "gently caress cops" or "covids bad still".

Just never stop laughing

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mastershakeman posted:

My dad told me he hasn't bothered masking during choir practice since he's in the back row so no one is breathing directly on him

Look on the bright side: he at least put more thought into this than everyone in every row in front of him.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Double down.

Covid is worse. Every officer down.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Zeroisanumber posted:

Do it. Your knees and back aren't going to last forever.

Yeah, the plan has been to put in time on the bus until I'm done with that life then move into something in a hospital. The idea of like, going to the place where I work and then working there is absolutely wild to me.

I might apply for a medic to RN bridge program that would start in the summer, I'd have to take a pair of A&P classes in the spring I think and then I think it would just be a year?

I wasn't thinking seriously about it but I just got a $3/raise but I'm still not making nurse money and while I love the autonomy of ambulance life it's definitely unhealthier.

Hell, knees and back aside, I'm just sitting so loving much in the truck and meanwhile a nurse can put in 10 miles of walking a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Cloaked posted:

it is incredibly draining to be around fatalistic people that constantly politely imply or directly state that you are a liar or are crazy.

Agree with and relate to everything you said, but quoting this because it cant be overstated how exhausting this is. Sorry that you're going through it too.